PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2010, 07:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

a1d2catz knows their stuffa1d2catz knows their stuffa1d2catz knows their stuffa1d2catz knows their stuffa1d2catz knows their stuffa1d2catz knows their stuffa1d2catz knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 3-5 ][ v1.6 R3 ][28232 / 23542 / 21893 / 21056] Calkulin's WVGA Kitc

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo70 View Post
I apologize up front, I am just smart enough, yet a two left footed noob. I feel for all other flashoholics out there! Quickly, before my computer ends up out the window. I was copying some cabs from my storage card and noticed that it was converting to computer format. If i want to convert these to the kitchen, do I still need to convert as mentioned above or does the process change? Thanx in advance.

Yes cab2oem and then oem to ext like in the previous posts or..

You can add your cab to Calkulin's WVGA Kitchen v1.6\OEM\Touch_Pro2\Common\OEMMISC and then edit your config_operator.txt which is located in whichever operator you are using. For instance I am sprint so I would edit the config_operator.txt in this folder Calkulin's WVGA Kitchen v1.6\EXT\Touch_Pro2\Common\Packages\Carrier - Sprint\files. You will see a line item with CAB: \Windows\Calkulins_Touch_Pro2_Tweaks.cab. Just change the name to the cab file you put in the oemmiisc folder for instance CAB: \Windows\new.cab

Hope this helps

Hope this helps
Old 03-10-2010, 08:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP, TP2, Imagio
Carrier: Alltel-Verizon

NEPATR1OTS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNEPATR1OTS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNEPATR1OTS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 3-5 ][ v1.6 R3 ][28232 / 23542 / 21893 / 21056] Calkulin's WVGA Kitc

Quote:
Originally Posted by evertec View Post
Anyone know if the latest manila 2.5 packages in this kitchen are CFC'd? If not does anyone have an ext with CFC? Thanks a bunch
Manila packages in this kitchen are always CFC'd!
Old 03-10-2010, 10:29 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4g / Touch_Pro2

captblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on rep

you are gonna love this phone canvas.... (or maybe not)

the font is a little small, but after a hour of testing all is good

credit goes to smaberg @ XDA

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...23&postcount=4

update - i forgot to mention this canvas has landscape support (small scrollbar but the best landscape dialer i have seen to date)

another update - i adjusted the font size (to can be seen by an old guy) and i posted the app.reg if anyone decides to use this dialer
Attached Images
File Type: jpg portrait.jpg (8.1 KB, 29 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg landscape.jpg (18.7 KB, 18 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg p2.jpg (7.3 KB, 13 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg l2.jpg (17.2 KB, 9 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: rar phone canvas reg.rar (4.0 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by captblaze; 03-10-2010 at 12:43 PM. Reason: update
Old 03-10-2010, 10:41 AM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by captblaze View Post
you are gonna love this phone canvas.... (or maybe not)

the font is a little small, but after a hour of testing all is good

credit goes to smaberg @ XDA

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...23&postcount=4

update - i forgot to mention this canvas has landscape support (small scrollbar but the best landscape dialer i have seen to date)
got a screenshot by chance?
Old 03-10-2010, 10:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
got a screenshot by chance?

+1 thats what I was thinking LOL

Droidrox39
Old 03-10-2010, 10:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 @_@

johnnyeoneal is keeping up the good workjohnnyeoneal is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfoy View Post
I happened to stumble across a page that was defunct but that Google had a cache of it. The page has instructions on how to us the program to convert a cab file to OEM format and then to EXT format.

The program (attached) is called Cab2Oem2Ext.zip

NOTE: I've done the procedure below but have not yet actually flashed my phone as I had an error. I'm hoping someone can tell me the missing steps.

After extracting the program into its own folder, you do the following steps to convert the cab file. I'll use Test.cab as an example.

1. Using Explorer, DRAG the .cab file (Test.cab) on top of the Cab2OEM.exe program name. This will produce a folder (\Test) in the name of the .cab file. This is an intermediate step for our purposes.

2. Using Explorer, DRAG the new folder (\Test) on top of the EXT_PAckages_rebuilder.exe program name. This will convert the folder's contents from OEM to EXT format.

3. Copy the folder (\Test) to the kitchen's \EXT\Shared\Packages folder (\EXT\Shared\Packages\Test). Make special note of the exact folder name - how it is spelled, etc.

4. Go back to the \EXT\Shared folder and open the packages.txt file in notepad. It should be noted that the kitchen should not be running while you are editing this file. Close it out if it is running.

5. Notice how applications are organized. Games start with the word 'Games - ' in front of them, Drivers start with the word 'Drivers -' in front of them, etc. Let's say that Test.cab is a game. So, you would find where the 'Games - ' section is and create a new entry such as: 'Games - Test=True. Notice that there is an odd symbol at the end of the word True. You can copy and paste it from one of the other entries.

What steps am I missing? I suspect there is more to it but that's all I know for now. I started to run the build with the Super Arcade 2.1 cab and it aborted saying it could not find the SVN folder.

What's next?

Thanks
Hey good info there and much appreciated I am going to check on this and hopefully soon be able to add my taste to this kitchen.. thanks for sharing this =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1d2catz View Post
Yes cab2oem and then oem to ext like in the previous posts or..

You can add your cab to Calkulin's WVGA Kitchen v1.6\OEM\Touch_Pro2\Common\OEMMISC and then edit your config_operator.txt which is located in whichever operator you are using. For instance I am sprint so I would edit the config_operator.txt in this folder Calkulin's WVGA Kitchen v1.6\EXT\Touch_Pro2\Common\Packages\Carrier - Sprint\files. You will see a line item with CAB: \Windows\Calkulins_Touch_Pro2_Tweaks.cab. Just change the name to the cab file you put in the oemmiisc folder for instance CAB: \Windows\new.cab

Hope this helps

Hope this helps
This also sounds interesting and when I went to Calkulin's WVGA Kitchen v1.6\OEM\Touch_Pro2\Common\OEMMISC I noticed a few wallpapers and also a .cab file was already in there as well(calkuin's touch pro 2 tweaks) so I'm wondering... Do we actually need to use the convert method above?? I mean...if we can put our cabs of choice there and it work then why all the steps above? Correct me if I'm wrong as I'm very new on this side of the world.. building 1st Rom still last night I kept getting "Duplicate file found in module.... " All the way down my screen! Since I'm off work today I hope to have a rom complete at some point today...

If anyone has helped you, please don't forget the thanks button. I work at Sprint so if there is anything I can do or info I can give contribute to this site please feel free.

=D>

Old 03-10-2010, 10:54 AM
VIP Member

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by hthomas View Post
Does the % battery monitor use more battery or is it just in my head?
What are your thoughts?

What is the best fix for the wallpaper loading problem? I'm trying to cooking a 21893 manila 2.5 2012 cookietab 1.61.

Its in your head..

I personally found that I get better battery life without the rapid charge driver and the 1% . With that said their have been numerous people say thats a load of garbage. I don't care what their rational is I care about real world.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:01 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMartin View Post
Hey Calk,

So I'm trying to get Dark Ninja's Android v5 taskbar working in your kitchen. Everything is working great except the battery bar, it seems like its going backwards. Could you give me a hand?? Thanks. Here's a cab I recompiled. Thanks

You know I think were all going to be on Android in the future. Unfortunilty MS is pushing us that way. The new WM 7 is going to be marketed towards IPhone users, and I'm not brain dead enough for a IPhone interface (yet). I'm thinking once they get the sound working on Android for the TP2 I might look at making a move.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:04 AM
VIP Member

Looks a bunch like what I have now except for the conference call feature and the "Talk" text is smaller.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4g / Touch_Pro2

captblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
Looks a bunch like what I have now except for the conference call feature and the "Talk" text is smaller.
the conference call feature is visible in landscape, and when you choose it you get flipped to portrait...

i dont need conference, and i am scouring the reg for font changes so that i dont need my glasses. all in all not a bad dialer

if google lays their 1gb fiber in my city i will definitely be looking at android in the future
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development