PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2010, 10:13 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 3-5 ][ v1.6 R3 ][28232 / 23542 / 21893 / 21056] Calkulin's WVGA Kitc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bancza View Post
So, how about we start posting are ROMs for the guys who can't/won't cook. Just say what sys/manila/carrier is included and what other apps are cooked in. This would probably put an end to endless sea of questions like "how do I cook with this Kitchen?"
isnt that basically what the entire rest of the upgrade forum is?! the thread says kitchen in the title so if you "cant/wont" cook this aint the place for you. if people actually made an attempt to read the thread before posting it would end the sea of questions! i dont mean you have to read all 6k+ post but at least look at the last few pages. sorry for the mini rant, just seems like people just want to be spoon fed everyhting without putting in any effort whatsoever. not accusing you personally of that bancza, more of a general feeling that i get around here lately

and a public service announcement because ive been seeing people say that search is useless, im not a search nazi, im really not, but the search function works, and works well, just like anything you have to LEARN how to use it.

Last edited by redd214; 03-16-2010 at 10:22 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:46 PM
ICE
Pocket PC: Motorola Everything
Carrier: Big RED

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to smiznith
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 3-5 ][ v1.6 R3 ][28232 / 23542 / 21893 / 21056] Calkulin's WVGA Kitc

Quote:
So, how about we start posting are ROMs for the guys who can't/won't cook. Just say what sys/manila/carrier is included and what other apps are cooked in. This would probably put an end to endless sea of questions like "how do I cook with this Kitchen?"
actually these do exist.. they are all the endless roms in this forum.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

chuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPATR1OTS View Post
For Verizon users with MMS problems, I'm posting the Arcsoft files from the dump of the Verizon 6.5 ROM. The format is a little different from the way Calk does it but it does work. The only thing you have to do is go into your MMS Options through tmail and set Verizon Wireless as your default CDMA server. If you don't, you'll end up with a rogue 'default' setting that allows send and receive limits of like 95mb that basically breaks MMS. I've yet to figure out why it does this but I'm still searching....
To get this back on a developer track. I finally found a nice combonation that seems to play incredibly well with Verizon.

My first attempt with the two attached files was with Arcsoft left out and the two files Nepatriots attached cooked in and messaging 2.1 beta. Although MMS worked out of the box, texting was causing manila to crash.

Next I tried that with arcsoft, the two files from Nepatriots, and messaging 2.1 beta. I got the same result.

so then I switched to messaging 1.5. In this set up i couldnt get MMS to work.

Finally I decided to cook out both 1.5 and 2.1 beta, and i cooked in the two mentioned files, and the orignal arcsoft from the kitchen...Bingo! To be honest I'm not sure why 1.5 and 2.1 beta even exist.

So I now have MMS working with no modifications (post flash), and no problems with SMS crashing manila. It's a good day. I hope this helps, my forehead is sore from pounding it on the table!

Last edited by chuggy; 03-16-2010 at 11:01 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

welrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiznith View Post
i can definitely agree but to an extent... i like this thread because people are generally very helpful and understanding. i do understand the complaint of answering the same 3 questions all day every day. because of there being soo many users, it makes it to where questions that have never been answered get "missed" because of 5 pages of the same 3 questions being asked over and over. the bigger problem to me is the search function isnt very helpful especially with some of our terminology. i even try google sometimes and narrow it down to this site and its still kinda difficult.

that being said, no matter what, your gonna have mean people flaming because they had a bad day, which is wrong but cant do much about it....
True, but this thread still seems to have a "higher" level of people on it. I see threads that spend more time bashing than helping. When I have a bad day, i just log into ebaumsworld and bash away!
Old 03-16-2010, 11:08 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
There are already lots of existing threads in this forum for that. We don't need to discuss other chef's custom ROMs in a thread that's dedicated to Calk's kitchen.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

bancza is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
isnt that basically what the entire rest of the upgrade forum is?! the thread says kitchen in the title so if you "cant/wont" cook this aint the place for you. if people actually made an attempt to read the thread before posting it would end the sea of questions! i dont mean you have to read all 6k+ post but at least look at the last few pages. sorry for the mini rant, just seems like people just want to be spoon fed everyhting without putting in any effort whatsoever. not accusing you personally of that bancza, more of a general feeling that i get around here lately

and a public service announcement because ive been seeing people say that search is useless, im not a search nazi, im really not, but the search function works, and works well, just like anything you have to LEARN how to use it.
I guess you are right. I was just trying to propose that maybe we could post a few basic ROMs based on Calk's kitchen, which in my opinion is the BEST. A few months ago, I started with NRG, MightyMIke's ROMs but pretty soon I wanted more, so I learned how to use the kitchen. Unfortunatelly not everyone can make that "leap"...Since Calk discontinued posting basic ROMs I thought that we could help out a little bit. I don't consider myself a Chef... A real Chef comes up with the "recipe", a cook cooks based on recipe.....again it was just a thought....
Old 03-17-2010, 12:22 AM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Talk about flame on!!

Anyhow, lets get back on track...shall we??

I'm still looking for a template for a minimum build...meaning the absolutely positively required sys files that HAS to be included in the ROM to work...

about the "skill" level...in here...yeah this thread is advanced...but I like cooking my ROMs and am willing ot learn. Most peeps need to realize that some people need to be SHOWN what to do...taken step by step...while OTHERS can learn by researching on their own.

So what if there are noobs asking noob questions...i've seen some accomplished chefs asking noob questions because its easier than sift thru thousands of posts for an answer that skipped their mind.

As for folks talking about other ROM's...they are trying to recreate soemthing they've seen in other chef's work...in other words...they want to learn HOW to cook a better ROM...so what's wrong with that?

Old 03-17-2010, 01:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

zsunsun is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
Talk about flame on!!

Anyhow, lets get back on track...shall we??

I'm still looking for a template for a minimum build...meaning the absolutely positively required sys files that HAS to be included in the ROM to work...

/snip
Here's mine if you want to look at it..

BTW, bronze is titanium and manila.. is well manila..
Attached Files
File Type: txt packages.txt (1.0 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-17-2010, 02:00 AM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsunsun View Post
Here's mine if you want to look at it..

BTW, bronze is titanium and manila.. is well manila..
Bronze is just Titanium, it has nothing to do with Manila because Manila is not made by Microsoft.

dwizzy130

Old 03-17-2010, 02:26 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post

sometimes you have to know exactly what you are searching for to get any real help with the search function, and if you are new to cooking, you don't always know the terminology.
if you don't want to answer someone's questions than don't, but there are alot of people that have helped me in this process.
just remember that not all of us have been doing this since the "TP days"...

case in point, the whole start menu thing, there is some really good info in the middle of this thread, but it is hard to find. then someone posts exactly what I was looking for after it had been asked for the 5th time in a week. the prev. 4 hadn't worked, but I got what i needed from someone else asking the same question i had asked 5 days earlier.

Last edited by nrfitchett4; 03-17-2010 at 02:30 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development