View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 10:48 PM
chuggy
PPCGeeks Regular

chuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 3-5 ][ v1.6 R3 ][28232 / 23542 / 21893 / 21056] Calkulin's WVGA Kitc

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPATR1OTS View Post
For Verizon users with MMS problems, I'm posting the Arcsoft files from the dump of the Verizon 6.5 ROM. The format is a little different from the way Calk does it but it does work. The only thing you have to do is go into your MMS Options through tmail and set Verizon Wireless as your default CDMA server. If you don't, you'll end up with a rogue 'default' setting that allows send and receive limits of like 95mb that basically breaks MMS. I've yet to figure out why it does this but I'm still searching....
To get this back on a developer track. I finally found a nice combonation that seems to play incredibly well with Verizon.

My first attempt with the two attached files was with Arcsoft left out and the two files Nepatriots attached cooked in and messaging 2.1 beta. Although MMS worked out of the box, texting was causing manila to crash.

Next I tried that with arcsoft, the two files from Nepatriots, and messaging 2.1 beta. I got the same result.

so then I switched to messaging 1.5. In this set up i couldnt get MMS to work.

Finally I decided to cook out both 1.5 and 2.1 beta, and i cooked in the two mentioned files, and the orignal arcsoft from the kitchen...Bingo! To be honest I'm not sure why 1.5 and 2.1 beta even exist.

So I now have MMS working with no modifications (post flash), and no problems with SMS crashing manila. It's a good day. I hope this helps, my forehead is sore from pounding it on the table!

Last edited by chuggy; 03-16-2010 at 11:01 PM.