PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 02:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

rawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rawdikrik
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 3-5 ][ v1.6 R3 ][28232 / 23542 / 21893 / 21056] Calkulin's WVGA Kitc

Quote:
Originally Posted by welrope View Post
He posted it a few pages back, but here it is.
Different one. The Android one is better supoprted, and looks nicer IMHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMartin View Post
Yea I'll upload the Android v5 Taskbar a little bit later.
Thanks! I found a nice cab to package converter tht has started to work well for me. Ive been having the WORST time trying to make my own packages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiznith View Post
this task bar wont break anything right? i would like to try it...
Quote:
I don't think so...I built with both Hero & Android with no issues what-so-ever.
I ran both, and both work great. The android though has a small percentage over the battery which i like, and the icons are more green, which i also like. They could use a little cleaning up though... as you can see a white jagged edge on some of the icons.

Quote:
Ohh thanks....What all are you running??
I keep jumping between ROMS cooked by me and roms made by NRG or Mighty. I like how NRG is always updating and trying new stuff... but i also like MM Cleaner ROMS. Hence me building my own and trying to find the middle ground.

-----

Is anyone OTHER than myself been playing with the 236XX builds? I really dig the font (does anyone know what it is so I can change manila to match?) and its seems quick. I am having issues with the dialer and the call history though, which really blows. I know there is a little trick to make it work... but im not sure which files to pilfer.

Does anyone have the exact files?

I love: Swype, Pandora, AmonRa Recovery and Touiteur.
I hate: Swype (haha), 4G dropping constantly, screen protectors and losing signal in the DC subways
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: US Cellular

imaginethis1 is a n00b
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 3-5 ][ v1.6 R3 ][28232 / 23542 / 21893 / 21056] Calkulin's WVGA Kitc

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewie8han View Post
This is something that's been talked about a lot recently. If you search the thread for cab to ext, or how to add a cab, you might find some more information. However, if you go to this link which has all of this thread's attachments
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/misc.php?d...hments&t=95635
and look for Cab2Oem2Ext.zip (or use this link), that should help you. Just extract the folder and look at the read me file.
After you've created your new EXT folder, you'll most likely put it into the EXT\Common\Packages folder. That should be where a lot of applications are (I'm not at my PC that has the Kitchen installed right now). Whatever you name that folder is what it will appear as in the Kitchen, so name it something that you'll remember. I make most of my EXT folders called Kevin-XXXXX or ZZ-XXXX. Kevin to know that they're mine, ZZ for stuff that has to be added last in the kitchen.

Hope this helps,
Kevin
THANK YOU! i appreciate the actual answer instead of someone just bitching at me i've actually managed to create some roms that run very smoothly, i'm just trying to figure out some of the kinks that remain, but they're no big deal. i've actually been matching XIP and SYS like you mentioned, without even thinking about it because i just figured they should be going together just like Manila Engines when i'm editing the actual rom. thanks again for the help!
Old 03-12-2010, 02:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

rawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rawdikrik

For people having Dialer and Call history issues.... supposedly following THIS will fix it. Im currently building a new rom with the fix now... so we will see.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:26 PM
Themed ROM Chef
Pocket PC: CDMA UNLOCKED Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon (for now)

xpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Unfortunately, I've never seen this before, but I'm getting it now too. Kind of at least. Instead of automatically downloading the picture it's giving me a new screen that says that i have to download it. The expiration date on it is the time that it was sent. It's just telling me that it can't be downloaded though. It doesn't say that it has expired.

I just built this last night using the new 21895 SYS. Is that what you're using too? I won't be able to test it on another SYS build until I get home tonight. The last I checked it was working for me on 21893. I don't MMS much so maybe it stopped working before today.

What SYS build are you using?

I searched the forum too, and I wasn't able to find anything else about this either.

Kevin
It's happening on 21895 and 21891 that I have been using for 2 months without any problem till this week.

Old 03-12-2010, 02:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint - bye bye VZW!

shad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpressyourcell View Post
It's happening on 21895 and 21891 that I have been using for 2 months without any problem till this week.
I am on Sprint here too. But, just throwing it out there, perhaps the VZW mms server is on the fritz?? Kinda wierd that it just started to happen w/o a cause....
Old 03-12-2010, 02:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

william_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdikrik View Post
For people having Dialer and Call history issues.... supposedly following THIS will fix it. Im currently building a new rom with the fix now... so we will see.
Those are the files I replace and it seems to always fix the dialer/call history problems that some builds have
Old 03-12-2010, 03:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

chewie8han is keeping up the good workchewie8han is keeping up the good workchewie8han is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpressyourcell View Post
I asked my boss who has a stock rom to try it, and she politely informed me that MMS costs us extra. So I would look into this more but I think she'd yell at me for it. In fact, I'm going to take my fix out, so that MMS doesn't work again. I don't feel like getting yelled at by the boss.

It might be something with the Verizon servers given that it's happening on different SYS builds and happened on a phone that was working fine with it before.
Sorry,
Kevin
Old 03-12-2010, 03:58 PM
Themed ROM Chef

xpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
I asked my boss who has a stock rom to try it, and she politely informed me that MMS costs us extra. So I would look into this more but I think she'd yell at me for it. In fact, I'm going to take my fix out, so that MMS doesn't work again. I don't feel like getting yelled at by the boss.

It might be something with the Verizon servers given that it's happening on different SYS builds and happened on a phone that was working fine with it before.
Sorry,
Kevin
I flashed to the stock ROM and it worked without a hitch. Flashed back and no go. Youtube is also broken. I can open the ap, but every video says "this video cannot be played"
Old 03-12-2010, 04:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HD2, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro
Carrier: T-Mobile

coreyharris2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoreyharris2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoreyharris2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoreyharris2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Out of all you rom builders here, nobody is willing to help me out? im a beginner rom builder but far from a newbie, where do i start with this? just think about how hard it was to get help when u first started, please share your knowledge
Old 03-12-2010, 04:18 PM
Themed ROM Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyharris2008 View Post
Out of all you rom builders here, nobody is willing to help me out? im a beginner rom builder but far from a newbie, where do i start with this? just think about how hard it was to get help when u first started, please share your knowledge
Despite the fact that it says "touch pro2" in the drop down menu at the top, you still have to drop it down and select it. Then just pick your builds, pick your packages, and create ROM. Or did you have a specific question that I didn't see?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development