View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 02:18 PM
imaginethis1
N00b

imaginethis1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 3-5 ][ v1.6 R3 ][28232 / 23542 / 21893 / 21056] Calkulin's WVGA Kitc

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewie8han View Post
This is something that's been talked about a lot recently. If you search the thread for cab to ext, or how to add a cab, you might find some more information. However, if you go to this link which has all of this thread's attachments
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/misc.php?d...hments&t=95635
and look for Cab2Oem2Ext.zip (or use this link), that should help you. Just extract the folder and look at the read me file.
After you've created your new EXT folder, you'll most likely put it into the EXT\Common\Packages folder. That should be where a lot of applications are (I'm not at my PC that has the Kitchen installed right now). Whatever you name that folder is what it will appear as in the Kitchen, so name it something that you'll remember. I make most of my EXT folders called Kevin-XXXXX or ZZ-XXXX. Kevin to know that they're mine, ZZ for stuff that has to be added last in the kitchen.

Hope this helps,
Kevin
THANK YOU! i appreciate the actual answer instead of someone just bitching at me i've actually managed to create some roms that run very smoothly, i'm just trying to figure out some of the kinks that remain, but they're no big deal. i've actually been matching XIP and SYS like you mentioned, without even thinking about it because i just figured they should be going together just like Manila Engines when i'm editing the actual rom. thanks again for the help!