PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2009, 12:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

Lowen SoDium is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ 11-10 ][ v1 ][ 6.5.x / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
have you added any of your own extsto the kitchen?
nope

Quote:

u mentioned that it was related to calkulins tweaks cab, how did determine that and have you tried cooking without that cab?
Because that is the error message that the phone locks up on at boot. I don't know what package that cab is associated with. I couldn't find it to disable it.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:27 AM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowen SoDium View Post
nope

Because that is the error message that the phone locks up on at boot. I don't know what package that cab is associated with. I couldn't find it to disable it.
its in "your kicthen folder"-->OEM-->Touch_Pro2-->Common-->OEMMISC

honestly after looking at the cab itself it really realy doesnt do a whole lot, only contains 3 pretty insignificant reg edits.

what is the error message
Old 11-18-2009, 01:34 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

I am really loving the precooked 23506 ROM. I am still putting it through it's paces, but it feels real good and I have finally found a 6.5.1 ROM that I can get used to. The only question I have is what the latest with Showcase Suite is? I would like to use it, but I don't want to take the risk of crashing/freezing.

Anyways as a token of my appreciation I'd like to host this ROM (maybe the others and the kitchen later) to make it easier for others to get at it. (Well technically SugarSync is hosting it, but who's counting).

Hopefully Caulkin will put it up on the first page. It is a direct link and very windows mobile friendly.

Calkulin's Touch Pro2 23506 Manila 2.5 ROM (v1)

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW TP2
Carrier: vzw

validoption is keeping up the good workvalidoption is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX View Post
I am really loving the precooked 23506 ROM. I am still putting it through it's paces, but it feels real good and I have finally found a 6.5.1 ROM that I can get used to. The only question I have is what the latest with Showcase Suite is? I would like to use it, but I don't want to take the risk of crashing/freezing.

Anyways as a token of my appreciation I'd like to host this ROM (maybe the others and the kitchen later) to make it easier for others to get at it. (Well technically SugarSync is hosting it, but who's counting).

Hopefully Caulkin will put it up on the first page. It is a direct link and very windows mobile friendly.

Calkulin's Touch Pro2 23506 Manila 2.5 ROM (v1)
I don't have the latest from a technical standpoint, but as one who cooked a ROM with Showcase, I can say that it worked (for me) about 15% of the time. The first couple of times running it, it would load just fine. After that, it would just go back to the home screen and say Showcase up in the left corner (where Start used to be). Times after that, it would freeze up. Also, on the times when it would work, trying to X out programs had a spotty success record. Trying to run fdcsoft (sp?) task manager while Showcase had failed to start would also result in a freeze, so no shutting it down through there for me.

It was very disappointing because I really got used to the menu in 6.5, and it always worked in regards to closing programs, as well as switching between running programs, which is big for me, so the lack of a suitable alternative was one of the dealbreakers for me on 6.5.1.

Hope this helps. Again, it's just one user's experience.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HP H3850-->HP hx2190-->HTC Touch Diamond-->HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus Mobility

banjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to banjoeball

Hey Calc,

Fantastic kitchen. I've got my 23506 build running just the way i want it to.

Any chance on getting the new Opera Mobile 10 Beta in your v1.1 kitchen? It is a very nice step up from 9.5/9.7 even though it is a beta.

Looking forward to your next release!
Old 11-18-2009, 12:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

hankbear is keeping up the good workhankbear is keeping up the good work

Just needed to say: 6.5.1 w/2.5 UI --> Wow. Just....wow.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

Lowen SoDium is a n00b

Quote:
its in "your kicthen folder"-->OEM-->Touch_Pro2-->Common-->OEMMISC

honestly after looking at the cab itself it really realy doesnt do a whole lot, only contains 3 pretty insignificant reg edits.

what is the error message
Yeah, I found it, but how do you disable it in the kitchen? And why is only one other person having a problem with it?

I don't know what the error is, but cause the whole message is not visable and I can't scroll to see it because the phone locks up as soon as that message appears.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:09 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowen SoDium View Post
Yeah, I found it, but how do you disable it in the kitchen? And why is only one other person having a problem with it?

I don't know what the error is, but cause the whole message is not visable and I can't scroll to see it because the phone locks up as soon as that message appears.
no sure man since you said you havent added any of your own exts, al i can think of is that the combo of exts ur choosing is causing so kind of issue i dunno for sure though thats just a guess

for disabling the cab i would just remove it from the folder is in, dont delete it just drag it to your desktop for example that way it wont be cooked in. recook and see if you still get the same error, good luck
Old 11-18-2009, 02:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

Ok, using the precooked 23506 ROM. It appears that there is no task manager installed by default. I tried Showcase Suite, but that kept Sense from launching. I instead opted to go with the older showcase and just map it to a double tap of the back button. So far I am really loving this ROM.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2 & Evo =)
Carrier: Sprint!

boodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to boodaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX View Post
Ok, using the precooked 23506 ROM. It appears that there is no task manager installed by default. I tried Showcase Suite, but that kept Sense from launching. I instead opted to go with the older showcase and just map it to a double tap of the back button. So far I am really loving this ROM.
how did u assign it to do that?

Just hit the THANKS for me being........well, me...

Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen v1.6 R3 Mirror
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development