PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2010, 11:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 1-11 ][ v1.4 ][ 23518 / 21888 / 21056 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee4fun View Post
So I finally got time to troubleshoot battery issues. So far I found the v1.33 Kitchen OEMDrivers cause a higher discharge current than the new ones from v1.4 on idle. This is using the 23518 sys. I am going to use the older kernel and see if there is any difference.

Well it looks like from what I can see with the new kernel on idle discharge current jumps all over and sometimes goes up to 400mA and then jumps back down. With the older kernel the discharge is more stable on idle, jumping to 109mA sometimes then going back down to 52mA. So I am going to stick with the old kernel for a day and see my results. I have tried 21888 sys and 23518 sys and both get similar results. This is with the brightness at 50%

Hope this helps =)

For those who want the older kernel grab it below.
Thats exactly what I posted a couple days ago and I totally agree and say the same numbers you did. You have a typo though V1.33 has LOWER discharge current. I didn't know what it was that was broken in v1.4 though. THANKS !

Last edited by mswlogo; 01-16-2010 at 12:01 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

william_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 1-11 ][ v1.4 ][ 23518 / 21888 / 21056 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitch

Anyone have any luck getting 21889 working? My attempts have failed, either non-booting ROM or the kitchen crashes...
Old 01-16-2010, 01:02 PM
PPCGeeks VIP
Carrier: Sprint

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP
Thumbs down Re: [ Kitchen ][ 1-11 ][ v1.4 ][ 23518 / 21888 / 21056 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitch

Some one else said you mean lower discharge But from what i read this means you are using the 1.4 drivers with the older 1.3 kernel? Please clarify.

Quote:
So I finally got time to troubleshoot battery issues. So far I found the v1.33 Kitchen OEMDrivers cause a higher discharge current than the new ones from v1.4 on idle. This is using the 23518 sys. I am going to use the older kernel and see if there is any difference.

Well it looks like from what I can see with the new kernel on idle discharge current jumps all over and sometimes goes up to 400mA and then jumps back down. With the older kernel the discharge is more stable on idle, jumping to 109mA sometimes then going back down to 52mA. So I am going to stick with the old kernel for a day and see my results. I have tried 21888 sys and 23518 sys and both get similar results. This is with the brightness at 50%

Hope this helps =)

For those who want the older kernel grab it below.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: VZW

corey1138 is keeping up the good workcorey1138 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to corey1138 Send a message via Yahoo to corey1138

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
Once you are in sat lock mode the ROMs have no effect on number of sats. A ROM might effect assist (and that may or may not be a problem with V1.4) but once you get a lock it's all up to the GPS receiver.

Sat conditions change all the time. There are days I get 12 and another I get 5-6 on the same ROM.

That said V1.4 has issues that effected a lot things subtly.
Word. Maybe its the assisted thing through Verizon. I use it all over Denver and weld county here in Colorado. Verizon seem to have issues lately. I have made several calls recently here in Colorado and it said "all circuits are busy" or just goes to busy immediately. My wife had the same thing on her droid eris.

On another note, is there any reason to leave this sim card in here? Or does any change the phone to CDMA only?

ipaq2200 - ipaq4100 - ipaqhx2110(wm6.5) - dell axim v3 - motoQ - i760 - xv6800 PPCK 23081
Old 01-16-2010, 02:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula84 View Post
Some one else said you mean lower discharge But from what i read this means you are using the 1.4 drivers with the older 1.3 kernel? Please clarify.
Using the new drivers and the old Kernel = Win!
If I helped you, please hit the button.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:25 PM
VIP Member

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
Thats exactly what I posted a couple days ago and I totally agree and say the same numbers you did. You have a typo though V1.33 has LOWER discharge current. I didn't know what it was that was broken in v1.4 though. THANKS !
Well, I should have stated I tested the OEM drivers from kitchen version v1.33 with the newer Kernel and had worse battery life than using the new OEM drivers from v1.44 and the newer Kernel. When using the older Kernel and using the older OEM drivers you also get worse battery life with the older Kernel.

So the winner is, use the new OEM drivers with the older Kernel. =)
Old 01-16-2010, 02:28 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by william_fold View Post
Anyone have any luck getting 21889 working? My attempts have failed, either non-booting ROM or the kitchen crashes...
Hey william, I will give it a shot. Give me a few minutes and then I will post the sys.

Ok this should work just fine. I was able to cook in the VK with no issues and I also included Office 2010 in the sys. Let me know if you have any issues.

Give me a thanks if this helps you out.

Cheers,

Mikee

Link to working 21889 sys

http://www.mediafire.com/?mjwk2jznzjh

Last edited by mikee4fun; 01-16-2010 at 02:58 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:40 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

Quote:
Hey william, I will give it a shot. Give me a few minutes and then I will post the sys.
this will be fabulous! I went back to 21887 'cause 88 seems less finger-friendly.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 01-16-2010, 02:56 PM
VIP Member

So for you flash junkies, Olipro just posted modified 2.23 VZ updated radio which now is WU,so we can use our sim unlocked TP2 on US networks. You no longer have to put the phone into manual mode and select your GSM carrier and also it does not drop out anymore. What a nice Saturday this is turning into!!!

Get your radio here >>> http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=106571
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:07 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Anyone get Album 3.2 working on 6.1? :-p
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development