PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 08:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint - bye bye VZW!

shad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 1-11 ][ v1.4 ][ 23518 / 21888 / 21056 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitch

is every1 having a problem pulling up the album list in htc album 3.2? i press the softkey, the little circle spins in the top right, and thats it. no list ever shows... grrrrr
Old 01-14-2010, 08:41 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 1-11 ][ v1.4 ][ 23518 / 21888 / 21056 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by shad0w77 View Post
is every1 having a problem pulling up the album list in htc album 3.2? i press the softkey, the little circle spins in the top right, and thats it. no list ever shows... grrrrr
album 3.2 is working on my 23518 rom.
Google is the next skynet
Old 01-14-2010, 08:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

Trying to get to the bottom of bluetooth battery drain. I did a buch of tests.

I used the SAME 28014 SYS in V1.4 and V1.33

V1.33 no battery drain due to bluetooth (at boot) approx 50ma (30% brightness)
V1.4 has battery drain (about 3x normal) (at boot). approx 150ma (30% brightness)

Even though the Bluetooth is drain battery and may be in the builds SYS.

It's something else in the V1.4 Kitchen causing bluetooth to drain battery (on boot).

Again toggling bluetooth after boot clears it in all cases.

I'm gonna try 23518 in V1.3 kitchen.

In all cases I used Drivers - D3D - Xperia X2

So I was not crazy 28014 was good on battery, but when I ran it I built with v1.33. When I built 23518 and (and a 2nd 28014) that sucked battery down I used V1.4.

Could be something as simple as a reg tweak in V1.4 I don't know.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

shad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
album 3.2 is working on my 23518 rom.
perhaps it's due to me cooking in this....?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\HTCAlbum]
"favorite_folder"="[CAMERA]"
Old 01-14-2010, 09:55 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by shad0w77 View Post
perhaps it's due to me cooking in this....?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\HTCAlbum]
"favorite_folder"="[CAMERA]"
that could be it but you may be asking the wrong person. I wish I knew how to cook reg edits into the kitchen. Do you have a link where to start. Between work and personal life sashimi seems like too much work to learn, i'm assuming reg edits is as simple as editing a certain file. I want to cook in the force roaming edit.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
that could be it but you may be asking the wrong person. I wish I knew how to cook reg edits into the kitchen. Do you have a link where to start. Between work and personal life sashimi seems like too much work to learn, i'm assuming reg edits is as simple as editing a certain file. I want to cook in the force roaming edit.
the easiest way is to ask around for the location of that seeting in the registry or searching for a keyword. For example, if you want to change the manila search bar link from m.google.com to www.google.com, you would search for "m.google.com" and you will find an entry that controls exactly that.

Use a tool like ceregeditor. it installs on your pc. you can use it to search your device's registry, and export, or import registry files w/ it.

I cook in XDA_UC. It runs at second boot and installs all my cabs, and my provisioning xmls and reg files. CeRegEditor will export a reg entry you found, into an rgu. Create an EXT package or copy and paste the exported reg content into an app.dat in the kitchen. Build, flash, and done. I recommend making your own EXT package and name it ZZZ-<package name>. This way you know it's last and the values it creates will not be overwritten.

God speed.

Last edited by shad0w77; 01-14-2010 at 10:11 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
Trying to get to the bottom of bluetooth battery drain. I did a buch of tests.

I used the SAME 28014 SYS in V1.4 and V1.33

V1.33 no battery drain due to bluetooth (at boot) approx 50ma (30% brightness)
V1.4 has battery drain (about 3x normal) (at boot). approx 150ma (30% brightness)

Even though the Bluetooth is drain battery and may be in the builds SYS.

It's something else in the V1.4 Kitchen causing bluetooth to drain battery (on boot).

Again toggling bluetooth after boot clears it in all cases.

I'm gonna try 23518 in V1.3 kitchen.

In all cases I used Drivers - D3D - Xperia X2

So I was not crazy 28014 was good on battery, but when I ran it I built with v1.33. When I built 23518 and (and a 2nd 28014) that sucked battery down I used V1.4.

Could be something as simple as a reg tweak in V1.4 I don't know.
Finally, Finally, Finally, I think I got what I want.

I took 23518 and Opera Beta 2u from V1.4 Kitchen and put into v1.33 Kitchen and added XDA_UC.

And it works great.

I get the threaded email, Stable 23518 and BlueTooth that does not suck battery down. I've got my procedure to check battery down solid and I don't need to wait a day or two to know. I know instantly if the battery is gonna be crappy.

I also notice two other things that went away going back to V1.33.

I built like 8 times V1.44 and every time Exchange Quit in the middle on the first sync.

V1.33 did not.

When I paired my headset I had mention it was a fight to get it paired with it not finding it, prompting for password, then still failed. Now it found headset immediately and didn't prompt for password.

With bluetooth on, screen at 30% with data connection up but idle I'm at 45-50ma which is where you need to be for good battery life.

I can even answer the phone with the slider while opera 10 is running.

So all my issues were something that the V1.44 kitchen added (drivers? what ever) and it didn't matter what build you based it on they were all messed up. They were all 6.5.3 builds.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:36 PM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

damn it... i hard to replace my lap top hard drive and i loaded XP rather than Vista... i downloaded the kitchen now i get an error when i try to open it to build a rom.

exception

Old 01-14-2010, 11:43 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayonesa View Post
damn it... i hard to replace my lap top hard drive and i loaded XP rather than Vista... i downloaded the kitchen now i get an error when i try to open it to build a rom.

exception
xp i can understand but why do you use vista? Windows 7 is the truth.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

ig88 is a n00b
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 1-6 ][ v1.33 ][ 28205 / 21887 / 21056 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by icon123 View Post
Got it. I didn't think you tested a 23518 with the old bt drivers.

I think the Verizon provisioning in this (1.4) kitchen has some problems. I think I saw someone report that some pages back. I received a country code error and I couldn't get data working at all even after a *228. I replaced the VZW provisioning files with the ones from the 1.33 kitchen and it worked as usual. Any other Verizon folks running into problems with 1.4?
icon123, I'm getting the same Verizon provisioning error. Are the files you replaced in the "EXT\Touch_Pro2\Common\Packages\Carrier-Verizon" folder or somewhere else? I've searched, but I don't see how to download previous versions of the kitchen. Thanks.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development