View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 10:07 PM
shad0w77
Halfway to VIP Status

shad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 1-11 ][ v1.4 ][ 23518 / 21888 / 21056 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
that could be it but you may be asking the wrong person. I wish I knew how to cook reg edits into the kitchen. Do you have a link where to start. Between work and personal life sashimi seems like too much work to learn, i'm assuming reg edits is as simple as editing a certain file. I want to cook in the force roaming edit.
the easiest way is to ask around for the location of that seeting in the registry or searching for a keyword. For example, if you want to change the manila search bar link from m.google.com to www.google.com, you would search for "m.google.com" and you will find an entry that controls exactly that.

Use a tool like ceregeditor. it installs on your pc. you can use it to search your device's registry, and export, or import registry files w/ it.

I cook in XDA_UC. It runs at second boot and installs all my cabs, and my provisioning xmls and reg files. CeRegEditor will export a reg entry you found, into an rgu. Create an EXT package or copy and paste the exported reg content into an app.dat in the kitchen. Build, flash, and done. I recommend making your own EXT package and name it ZZZ-<package name>. This way you know it's last and the values it creates will not be overwritten.

God speed.

Last edited by shad0w77; 01-14-2010 at 10:11 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.