PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 08:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: vodafone

cmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: RhodiumW/Sprint/Verizon/Telus Touch Pro 2 CID/Security/SIM Unlocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nootrak4 View Post
so when tryin to flash this thing should i have the phone running in GSM mode. i wish you guys had step by step instructions Barny style.

OK so your delivery issue has been sorted, right? afaik it was a problem with you ticking some google option to hide the email address when paying (via google checkout). so that's why it didn't work.

GSM mode or not, doesn't really matter for the unlocking process.

after you got through all of it, how about you write up a step by step "barny style" whatever that means (I don't know, sorry)?

Other devices: Shift, Kaiser, Diamond (GSM version), Universals (Qtek 9000, Vodafone VPA IV) + non HTC ones.

Donations To cmonex
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

nootrak4 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

LOL Barny is a Purple Dinosaur kids character the sounds like and idiot (this was an old TV show in the US. Since you dont know who Barny is i'm going to assume you are not from the US. anyway i got it to work after switching to GSM mode. I had to do all the steps from 1-3. I never done a Hard-SPL (what does the SPL stand for). so this is where it was giving me an error. but i will do just that. I which i had my Orange sim so i can try this. but i will be going to att or tmobile and getting me a prepaid sim to test this out. will report back later and make a walkthrough for people like me.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: MS 950XL
Carrier: AT&T & Digicel

92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

So....if I already have the HardSPL flashed then I don't need to select that option and just click the "Step 2: Unlock Radio" button?

When I try and do that it says failed to connect to the internet. I do have a firewall. I'm running Windows XP SP3 and I know what port I need to tell it to talk on but how do I do that? I don't see an option to enter a port #.

Technically though, can I just flash the hacked radio and THEN select "Step 3: Run Unlocker"? Can I even flash the hacked radio with just the HardSPL?

EDIT: Crap lol. I flashed the hacked radio but not I can't get out of the bootloader lol. Am I screwed until I can get to a PC without a firewall of what?

EDIT 2: I need my phone for work today so I'm just reflashing the entire stock Sprint package back and relocking it. Then when I get home with no firewall I will run all 3 steps in the correct order.
Audiovox 9000>Moto V60>MotoT720>LG5350>Sam I330>Hit G1000>PPC-6600>PPC-6800>PPC-6850>PPC-T7380>HTC-T7575>HTC-PI86100

Last edited by 92GTA; 11-02-2009 at 12:10 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, TP2, Pre, Pixi

newone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonex View Post
OK the IP check against scammers functioned "too well", I guess. sorry for that. that one can only be unset by Olipro (he forgot to give me access to that part of the stuff :P ), so wait a couple of hours if you can, please. (he's asleep right now.)
yes he's responded and unlocked it, as well as a refund for the duplicate copy. Thankyou very much. It's just an unfortunate situation i was in trying to unlock because right now I have no permanent address, waiting for the military to set up my families base housing in Hawaii. If it wasnt for that then it would have went smoothly. But i do understand you have to take certain precautions to safeguard against scammers, just wish there was a disclaimer because i could have temporarily changed my paypal address or waited.

Anyways Thankyou again

Quote:
Originally Posted by nootrak4 View Post
Im still unable to dl anything plus now i get a reply from someone asking what im talking about. I'm starting to feel cheated out of something. I can understand newone757 frustrations. Please do something about this ASAP
yes as stated I figured out they go by the paypal address and (I assume) the current location of whatever IP adress you are at. So if your paypal address is out of date (my case) or not the same as the computer you are trying from it will be blocked.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mighty ROM
Carrier: MetroPCS/T-Mobile

shagpal is becoming a great contributor

working now. everything is unlocked. as was explained to me, and IP block needed to get unblocked everything is unlocked now. I have a tmobile sim card in my pro2, and it's working on GSM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagpal View Post
this does not work.

here's the email that was sent to me:
"We have detected that your location does not match your purchase address, to protect you from card fraud, if you must unlock urgently, please reply and explain why your purchasing address is different from where you actually are, otherwise, simply wait 48 hours from purchase time."

I am on the same computer I used to send paypal.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: MS 950XL
Carrier: AT&T & Digicel

92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I hope that doesn't happen to me when I go home in a couple hours and try to use it from home when I bought it using my work PC!

I live and work in the same city and couldn't use it on my work PC because there was no way to enter a port # into the unlocker app....
Old 11-02-2009, 03:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

kilmarac is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by soaknfused View Post
Quick question... your first post says those who donated get the sim unlock free, so how do we go about getting it? I also sent a support request on your site on release day but have gotten no reply to it.. thanks
Make sure you donation is at least the minimum they are asking for on the unlocker page, or it wont be sufficient to get a "free" unlocker.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:35 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

So i read through all the post and i have a question...a couple rather...

i have a Verizon TP2 that i Hardspl unlocked and flashed engery's 6.5.1 ROM (btw very nice)

so what do i benefit from this? if i unlock my SIM what can i do now?
can i insert a T-mobile (or any other carrier) sim card and use my same phone number on t-moble (or any other carrier) tower?
or would it use the sim card phone number?

Also, what about the radio? if i unlock my sim do i have to flash a radio for the network i want to access? example i want to get on t-mobile network do i have to flash radio or just insert t-mobile sim card OR BOTH???
OR can i just use my verizon radio and t-mobile sim card????

never worked with SIM before and just trying to get some details.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

zachavm is just getting started

I thought the sprint phone was already sim unlocked? Do I need this before I can flash the radio to open it up to US GSM networks? What is my motivation if I'm on sprint for doing this?

edit: nm, I figured it out. This is a sim and security unlocker. If I want to load a new radio and enable us networks I need this.

Last edited by zachavm; 11-02-2009 at 06:39 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

nootrak4 is a n00b

Ok it works but not perfect.

This is my experience

Let me start by saying my phone is acting really unstable and slow. Had to soft-reset 9 time (more time then the entire life of my device) I have a T-mo card and when I switch the to GSM mode I always have to put it in manual mode And no matter how much I do it, it seem like the phone can’t remember the last GSM setting. Other problem I have is after everything is up and running. It will lose the signal and won’t work until I switch it back to CDMA or Global and this is in a place where there is a very strong T-mo signal.

Has anyone has have the same problem.?

I have done everything they have said here.

Step 1
Step 2
Step 3
Sprint patch

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development