PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2009, 08:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: RhodiumW/Sprint/Verizon/Telus Touch Pro 2 CID/Security/SIM Unlocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonex View Post
did you also flash some rom? if yes, mention this problem to the maker of the rom. if not.. and you also are sure you didn't install any new programs on the phone or change any setting.. well, we plan to patch 1.96 sprint radio too anyway, just to give choices I even plan to make a patcher that autopatches any radio.nb file, then you just need to build a NBH file and flash it... that'd make it easy to patch all radio versions out there
we didn't have complaints from most people though.
I did not install any custom roms or had changed any settings.There're also some people hv this heating and lagging issues.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=94026

Last edited by 2kmy477; 11-01-2009 at 09:02 PM.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, TP2, Pre, Pixi

newone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuff

Quote:
I have 2 problems with your post:

1. you posted here with full conclusions before trying to sort it with us (by this I also mean waiting for reply & solution suggestions from us)
2. you made theories about how the licensing works then you assumed this is how it works in reality. the problem is definitely not that you used it on another computer than the one you downloaded it from. the lic system doesn't work like that so don't worry. the problem is either the internet connection or something else. anyway, we'll get this sorted, will reply to your PM on XDA soon.

oh, and sorry for any inconvenience - we do try to make the process as transparent as possible, but I guess it is inevitable to have some issues sometimes... computers and software is like that (just simply too many factors to take care of in a single program).

sorry if i came off abrasive

1. That was the full conclusion at the time (and still is at the moment), i downloaded with my phone, transferred to a computer and tried to run the unlocker and it failed, then got the automated email saying i tried to use it on a different computer than i downloaded it on. whether it is because of some other error i dont know, but as a paying end user thats all I saw.

2.cool no problem. I will anxiously await a reply, i know you all are extremely busy

question..Like i said before I'm traveling soon so if i bought anaother copy of the sim unlocker and used it right this time, could i then get a refund for the one i downloaded beofre but did not work??
Old 11-01-2009, 09:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: vodafone

cmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kmy477 View Post
I did not install any custom roms or had changed any settings.There're also some people hv this heating and lagging issues.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=94026

OK... we'll post 1.96 sprint patched radio soon, let us know if that fixes it.

Other devices: Shift, Kaiser, Diamond (GSM version), Universals (Qtek 9000, Vodafone VPA IV) + non HTC ones.

Donations To cmonex
Old 11-01-2009, 09:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
OK... we'll post 1.96 sprint patched radio soon, let us know if that fixes it.
Cool,thanks a lot cmonex,just let us know when you post the patch.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: vodafone

cmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newone757 View Post
sorry if i came off abrasive

1. That was the full conclusion at the time (and still is at the moment), i downloaded with my phone, transferred to a computer and tried to run the unlocker and it failed, then got the automated email saying i tried to use it on a different computer than i downloaded it on. whether it is because of some other error i dont know, but as a paying end user thats all I saw.

2.cool no problem. I will anxiously await a reply, i know you all are extremely busy

question..Like i said before I'm traveling soon so if i bought anaother copy of the sim unlocker and used it right this time, could i then get a refund for the one i downloaded beofre but did not work??
hmm, what was the *exact* error text? if it was "Verification error. check email now." that wasn't quite the same thing though I will agree if you say that the word usage is vague, nag Olipro on that one - anyway I replied, via email (to yours sent via our site. Olipro also received that one). so, please send the reply there too.

PS: in theory, you can't buy the copy again for the same IMEI but you can try and yeah, you can have a refund for the 1st one then.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

newone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuff

Quote:
hmm, what was the *exact* error text? if it was "Verification error. check email now." that wasn't quite the same thing though I will agree if you say that the word usage is vague, nag Olipro on that one - anyway I replied, via email (to yours sent via our site. Olipro also received that one). so, please send the reply there too.

PS: in theory, you can't buy the copy again for the same IMEI but you can try and yeah, you can have a refund for the 1st one then.
yes that is the error.

he is not responding to anything right now. If you could get him to help me out It would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou for the support
Old 11-01-2009, 10:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

nootrak4 is a n00b

ok just made my purchase but tried to go to the site to dl but getting notting

Unlocker Download
We were unable to find your purchase, did you perhaps make a PayPal eCheque payment or is your order still being reviewed by Google? if so, you just need to wait.

If you believe there is an error, please go back to the unlocker page and CONTACT US via the support link.

Purchase was made using Google check out

Last edited by nootrak4; 11-01-2009 at 10:02 PM.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

i had to wait a while and then mine came in the email
Old 11-01-2009, 10:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

nootrak4 is a n00b

What is it that you get some kind of code or software
Old 11-01-2009, 10:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by nootrak4 View Post
What is it that you get some kind of code or software
you get a link to download the software.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well cmonex i decided to take the plunge and buy another unlocker with no luck, still same error. But now i understand when it says i am at a different location than my purchase location it means my paypal address which is different because I am Military and in between moves/on leave (vacation). Ive messaged and emailed Olipro with no luck yet either, so Ill just play the waiting game and hopefully he helps me get the unlocker working and a refund by tommorow (going "out of town" again)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development