PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2009, 06:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

nootrak4 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: RhodiumW/Sprint/Verizon/Telus Touch Pro 2 CID/Security/SIM Unlocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmagn13 View Post
Yes that is all you have to do to get a tmobile or att card working with your sprint tp2...If and when sprint updates their rom...if it includes a radio update, then it will stop working until there is a patch released for that radio. Im sure if you email them they will work with you if you lose or break your phone...i cant promise that...but they should...hope this helped
Thank you for the fast responds. I guess i will sit back and wait until the new Stock rom gets released and if so see if this thing will work. If the creators will give you a free upgrade i will buy it now but since i dont plan on having any use for this until feb 10 then i will wait. With thing phone i dont ever have to get any other phones.

one of the posters complained about the phone getting really hot. has anyone else notice the same situation?

thank you again.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: vodafone

cmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsockett View Post
I have the same question. It seems like Verizon users will only benefit from unlocking in the ability to use radios from other phones.
I don't have experience with verizon's customer service but according to a post in this same thread, if you are not a long standing member with them or for some other reason they can't give you unlock code, then you can use our software to do that as well other than that it just lets you use more radios or do supercid.

Other devices: Shift, Kaiser, Diamond (GSM version), Universals (Qtek 9000, Vodafone VPA IV) + non HTC ones.

Donations To cmonex

Last edited by cmonex; 11-01-2009 at 08:19 PM.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:18 PM
VIP Member

cmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdnmatt View Post
Do I need to be to Security/CID unlocked to repair my ESN? With my Touch Pro, all I had to do was install the HSPL and set CID to all zeros... any different for TP2? Please delete if inappropriate.
I dunno how inappropriate it is to mention ESN manipulation here... anyway I don't know if the supercid (and/or security unlock) is enough to do it on TP2, I haven't looked. yes I know it was enough for touch pro..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:20 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kmy477 View Post
I did nottice that after I unlocked the radio/SIM(att sim works fine),my device runs a lot warmer now,battery also dranis faster,specially if I stream internet radio through my BT headset,the phone just got a lot hotter than b4 and during theinternet music stream,the device also becomes very sluggish,does any1 seen this problem?
did you also flash some rom? if yes, mention this problem to the maker of the rom. if not.. and you also are sure you didn't install any new programs on the phone or change any setting.. well, we plan to patch 1.96 sprint radio too anyway, just to give choices I even plan to make a patcher that autopatches any radio.nb file, then you just need to build a NBH file and flash it... that'd make it easy to patch all radio versions out there
we didn't have complaints from most people though.

Last edited by cmonex; 11-01-2009 at 08:23 PM.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:21 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
If you're just flashing ROM's it wouldn't matter...once you're unlocked (HSPL) then you're set...you can flash to your hearts content...without having to run the hspl again...

There is a relocker...not sure if that's been posted yet...you should contact cmonex for that.
relocker is posted on our hardspl page, don't contact me for something that is so readily available (yes I know it was released 1 day after the hardspl, but it is done already)
Old 11-01-2009, 08:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

citats is keeping up the good workcitats is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Got the unlock for Telus... it flashed what I believe is a radio rebooted then gave the option to sim and sec unlock ( as well as hspl, but I had done that already) was simple and only took a few minutes. Then I put in a Rogers SIM and made a successful phone call... too bad no 3G for North America on GSM.

Thanks to Cmonex and Olipro for their addiction to HTC

High 5,,, I like!

Last edited by citats; 11-01-2009 at 08:26 PM. Reason: add to post
Old 11-01-2009, 08:26 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newone757 View Post
i have to chime in and give my 2 cents here

this licensing proccess was set up very poorly. Im out of town where internet access is harder than usual so i paid for and downloaded it from my phon browser. Made somebody get off the computer at my moms house so i could "unlock my phone real quick" just to be denied because im using it on a different computer than i bought it on. wow.
I have 2 problems with your post:

1. you posted here with full conclusions before trying to sort it with us (by this I also mean waiting for reply & solution suggestions from us)
2. you made theories about how the licensing works then you assumed this is how it works in reality. the problem is definitely not that you used it on another computer than the one you downloaded it from. the lic system doesn't work like that so don't worry. the problem is either the internet connection or something else. anyway, we'll get this sorted, will reply to your PM on XDA soon.

oh, and sorry for any inconvenience - we do try to make the process as transparent as possible, but I guess it is inevitable to have some issues sometimes... computers and software is like that (just simply too many factors to take care of in a single program).
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:29 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by porthole View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC-P4600/1.2 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

maybe this is a dumb question... I couldn't find the answer. If i sim unlock and put in my tmobile sim card, what can I expect?

Do I just have the ability to switch between the two networks? Or can I "magically" receive calls and data on both networks at the same time?
no, you'd have to have a Dual-SIM phone to be able to do that.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:34 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nootrak4 View Post
Here is what I’m looking for.
I want to be able to use my Sprint TP2 on ATT/Tmobile networks (US GSM carriers). After reading all the post here I get the feeling this is what I’m looking for, but still unclear if I have to prep my phone prior to going with this. It seems like I need to do something else before I can purchase this. I just want to make sure this will due what I’m looking for and that I will not have any problems ones the new sprint 6.5 upgrade comes out.

If you can answer this QUESTING CMONEX or anyone else that has knowledge regarding this matter.

Question
1. Is this pretty straight forward to install and will it allow me to use US GSM Sim with no problem?

I don't anticipate installing any custom Rom as I use my phone for business, but on the other hand I do plan on upgrading my TP2 once sprint releases the update to 6.5 with that said here come question two

2. If I do purchase this and the answer to question 1 is yes, will it continue to work even after I upgrade to 6.5 (stock Sprint ROM)?

3. What happens in the event I lose/break my phone or my computer crash and I have to restore it, does this mean I would have to repurchase this unlocked every time? I don’t want to be in the same situation as Newone757 as I would be very pissed specially if I’m not warned upfront.

Sorry for he question that my sound stupid to some but I just want every clear and on the table. Im very sure there are many people in this form that would like to have this question answered in plain English with out all the HSPL/CID Unlock security unlock and all this things that leaves the average joe like me in lala land.

1. I would say straightforward enough (1. get this unlocker and use it 2. get patched sprint radio and flash it). and you'll definitely have no problem with GSM SIM cards at the end of the process.
2. if you flash the ROM as is (as it comes out from Sprint), then the radio will be overwritten with a non patched one - but the solution is as simple as reflashing the patched radio, which takes 5 mins.
3. no need to re-purchase as long as the phone is the same (i.e. the way we identify it, and that will always stay the same through any hard reset or computer crash). if you lose your phone, then send us info (via email or support form on our site) on the replacement. i.e. as long as you have proof you got it replaced due to such problems (phone broken or lost), you'll get another unlocker free of charge

+1 what did you read that gave you the impression you need to do something before getting the unlocker (the one this thread is about)? thanks for letting me know
Old 11-01-2009, 08:37 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdnmatt View Post
This only says to me that you should've waited the two weeks until you got settled. And if you actually did download directly to your laptop while tethering, it would've worked normally. The way your accessed the internet is not the problem... rather that you purchased it using one computer (the phone) then tried to unlock using another (your mom's). So technically, you could've unlocked two phones if this licensing wasn't in place.
again, that's not how the licensing works, he definitely ran into some different problem. what do you mean by waiting two weeks? we will reply and try to address the issues way faster than that

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development