PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 10:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 vzn
Carrier: PagePlus Tmobile

secondhandsmoker is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: RhodiumW/Sprint/Verizon/Telus Touch Pro 2 CID/Security/SIM Unlocker

For the Verizon, you do not need another radio flash for gsm (except for this unlocker), but your phone becomes security unlocked if you choose to change radio. It allows use of tmobile/att, the second phone number comes from the sim. (A little awkward to get data from each)
Recommended.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:56 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonex View Post
well, you can flash RhodiumW radios without the SIM/Sec/CID unlocker.
to flash radios from another device, need to be Sec unlocked, but of course it's all in one bundle
@ cmonex - thanks for the confirmation... and great work

Quote:
Originally Posted by nootrak4 View Post
what does the SPL stand for
SPL = Secondary Program Loader
Old 11-02-2009, 11:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: vodafone

cmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92GTA View Post
So....if I already have the HardSPL flashed then I don't need to select that option and just click the "Step 2: Unlock Radio" button?

When I try and do that it says failed to connect to the internet. I do have a firewall. I'm running Windows XP SP3 and I know what port I need to tell it to talk on but how do I do that? I don't see an option to enter a port #.

Technically though, can I just flash the hacked radio and THEN select "Step 3: Run Unlocker"? Can I even flash the hacked radio with just the HardSPL?

EDIT: Crap lol. I flashed the hacked radio but not I can't get out of the bootloader lol. Am I screwed until I can get to a PC without a firewall of what?

EDIT 2: I need my phone for work today so I'm just reflashing the entire stock Sprint package back and relocking it. Then when I get home with no firewall I will run all 3 steps in the correct order.

you need to do the steps in order. step 1 can be skipped if you have HardSPL already. anyway, you know that now, lol (sorry). as for firewall, just disable it temporarily. oh and a simple solution to get out of bootloader without hard reset is running the (separate, public) HardSPL package in MANUAL MODE (this doesn't need internet either), and flash.
or you can even flash a splashscreen only NBH, that works from SD card.

Other devices: Shift, Kaiser, Diamond (GSM version), Universals (Qtek 9000, Vodafone VPA IV) + non HTC ones.

Donations To cmonex
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:53 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

so does this mean you can fash the verizon radio on the sprint TP2 and bypass the whole need for a patched radio?
Old 11-02-2009, 11:54 PM
VIP Member

cmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by nootrak4 View Post
Ok it works but not perfect.

This is my experience

Let me start by saying my phone is acting really unstable and slow. Had to soft-reset 9 time (more time then the entire life of my device) I have a T-mo card and when I switch the to GSM mode I always have to put it in manual mode And no matter how much I do it, it seem like the phone can’t remember the last GSM setting. Other problem I have is after everything is up and running. It will lose the signal and won’t work until I switch it back to CDMA or Global and this is in a place where there is a very strong T-mo signal.

Has anyone has have the same problem.?

I have done everything they have said here.

Step 1
Step 2
Step 3
Sprint patch
post about this in the other threads (there's a couple about the Sprint patched radio, incl. mine). I saw some tips in there.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:55 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
so does this mean you can fash the verizon radio on the sprint TP2 and bypass the whole need for a patched radio?

no, sadly verizon radio has the same protections compiled in for sprint branded devices. i.e. it will flash but US networks won't be enabled
Old 11-02-2009, 11:56 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

thanks for the clarification, I know people have reported just needing the unlock code and being fine even in the US so I was curious.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:57 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilmarac View Post
Make sure you donation is at least the minimum they are asking for on the unlocker page, or it wont be sufficient to get a "free" unlocker.

if they didn't send a donation BEFORE the hardspl/simunlocker release, they should just use the purchase form on our site, much better option as it's an automated system.
if they sent one AFTER, and it's already sent, not just planned, and it's a significant amount that's also ok, then you can contact us with your request at http://support.htc-unlocks.com
Old 11-02-2009, 11:58 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
thanks for the clarification, I know people have reported just needing the unlock code and being fine even in the US so I was curious.

that is only true for verizon and telus phones, not sprint. sprint has this extra blockout code.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mighty ROM
Carrier: MetroPCS/T-Mobile

shagpal is becoming a great contributor

I took my pro2 to my buddy's metropcs shop, and he could not do a metroflash for it on houdini. everything is unlocked, hardspl'ed, sim unlocked, and mightyrom flashed.

although houdini doesn't support metroflashing this model yet, my buddy put a call into houdini, and they said it should flash just like a pro1. does anyone know why houdini could not see the phone when connected via usb? activesync ran. connected, and sync'ed when the usb was connected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagpal View Post
working now. everything is unlocked. as was explained to me, and IP block needed to get unblocked everything is unlocked now. I have a tmobile sim card in my pro2, and it's working on GSM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development