PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2009, 12:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

railslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: RhodiumW/Sprint/Verizon/Telus Touch Pro 2 CID/Security/SIM Unlocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff View Post
exactly, but clarification/confirmation of facts around radio flashing on a new device (and whether SIM Unlock is a requirement) would be nice

mmmmmmmmmm..... that i dont know. i would guess not, if the carrier puts one out, as with flashing to another carriers radio.....thats a good question! i do know if you do manage to flash to another carriers radio you will lose the ability to use the u.s gsm sim option. (would have to go through the whole process again with unlocking security on the different radio you flashed)

Last edited by railslave; 11-01-2009 at 12:09 AM.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: ALLTEL

wolfordtw is keeping up the good workwolfordtw is keeping up the good workwolfordtw is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to wolfordtw

it kinda feels like we are getting the shaft considering we have to pay 20 bucks just to supercid our devices. anyway to sell the cid unlock a little cheaper?
Old 11-01-2009, 12:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

bigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to bigchico67

so I tried to flash the sprint radio patch before the security unlock, yes I know I don't know what I was thinking, I wasn't paying attention. Anyways now I am stuck on bootloader screen and hard reset wont fix it, what do I do???

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker

railslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchico67 View Post
so I tried to flash the sprint radio patch before the security unlock, yes I know I don't know what I was thinking, I wasn't paying attention. Anyways now I am stuck on bootloader screen and hard reset wont fix it, what do I do???

reflash the hard spl first, if that didnt work any of the roms here will do it, (you will have to reconfigure your device tho)

Last edited by railslave; 11-01-2009 at 12:32 AM.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:38 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
you need to flash back to the stock shipped rom first.....then re-flash the hspl
Old 11-01-2009, 12:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

zim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good work

This is awesome work guys! Couple questions though for newb to this. I'm sure this has been answered but I am just not quite putting it together.

I pay to security unlock my phone and then I flash the new radio (Sprint).

- What happens if I reflash the phone every week? I'm helping beta test a new ROM and one of the things we do is reflash the stock ROM before we flash new versions. Do all I do is reflash stock, flash new, then flash the unlocked radio again?

- For the utility that they send to me for my phone, can I rerun that utility on that SAME phone unlimited times if needed? Or does the unlock happen on the SIM itself so it's only done one time?

- If I have to RMA the phone for any reason, can this security be relocked, like the relocker will do for the SPL when it is released? Or will that do both?

Thanks!!!
Old 11-01-2009, 12:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
you need to flash back to the stock shipped rom first.....then re-flash the hspl

i dont think you need to take them steps according to olipro.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

bigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to bigchico67

Quote:
Originally Posted by railslave View Post
reflash the hard spl first, if that didnt work any of the roms here will do it, (you will have to reconfigure your device tho)
I was able to get my phone to connect and reflashed energy rom. Thanks for the help.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zim2323 View Post
This is awesome work guys! Couple questions though for newb to this. I'm sure this has been answered but I am just not quite putting it together.

I pay to security unlock my phone and then I flash the new radio (Sprint).

- What happens if I reflash the phone every week? I'm helping beta test a new ROM and one of the things we do is reflash the stock ROM before we flash new versions. Do all I do is reflash stock, flash new, then flash the unlocked radio again?

- For the utility that they send to me for my phone, can I rerun that utility on that SAME phone unlimited times if needed? Or does the unlock happen on the SIM itself so it's only done one time?

- If I have to RMA the phone for any reason, can this security be relocked, like the relocker will do for the SPL when it is released? Or will that do both?

Thanks!!!
i dont think there is a relocker for security. but you can flash to any rom you want. just cant flash another radio without losing your sim unlock.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
I was able to get my phone to connect and reflashed energy rom. Thanks for the help.

any time bro

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development