PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 08:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

coppermine18 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: RhodiumW/Sprint/Verizon/Telus Touch Pro 2 CID/Security/SIM Unlocker

Not sure what I've done but ...

I had the phone Unlocked, new radio flashed, security unlocked - All was great.

I went to put the patched Sprint Radio back in and it came up with an error and now I'm stuck at the RUU Hard reset did not work as well as reflashing with unlocker or radio that was working.

So I'm stuck at RUU it says something about a page something maybe code error please try again?? The text was overlapped by the RUU info.

**EDIT**

I noticed in the RUU Update utility there were no versions for radios/rom etc so I assumed it bricked whatever portion of the loader points that out so I reflashed the ROM and it worked.

So the flash worked - and didnt? ,, hah

Last edited by coppermine18; 11-03-2009 at 09:01 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW TP2 GREATEST VZW PHONE EVER
Carrier: VZW

isdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuff

I've been getting the same warning every day since I did the SIM and security unlock. Something along the lines of "Warning, windows cannot determine your country, please select it manually". I then have to go in and select United States of America (310). Ive had it installed for two days and both days the warning came up sometime before noon.

Did not have any of these problems with just the HSPL.

EDIT: Ok, so now I have gotten the message twice today. It says the following "Warning, Device is unable to determine current country. Please verify your current location." You click ok and it takes you to CDMA services and "Current Country". It has USA selected, but I have to hit done anyway. PLEASE HELP this is getting annoying.

2nd EDIT: 3rd time the message has come up today. This is getting really annoying, what should I do?

Last edited by isdnmatt; 11-04-2009 at 04:22 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 vzn
Carrier: PagePlus Tmobile

secondhandsmoker is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdnmatt View Post
I've been getting the same warning every day since I did the SIM and security unlock. Something along the lines of "Warning, windows cannot determine your country, please select it manually". I then have to go in and select United States of America (310). Ive had it installed for two days and both days the warning came up sometime before noon.

EDIT: Ok, so now I have gotten the message twice today. It says the following "Warning, Device is unable to determine current country. Please verify your current location." You click ok and it takes you to CDMA services and "Current Country". It has USA selected, but I have to hit done anyway. PLEASE HELP this is getting annoying.

2nd EDIT: 3rd time the message has come up today. This is getting really annoying, what should I do?
I didn't have this problem and this is a little technical for me. Why not try one of the new roms? New radio? I am now on Juicy r2 and it comes with built-in provisioning for verizon; I don't know if it would help.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

nootrak4 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdnmatt View Post

Try a Hard Reset. Make sure to backup first.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:28 AM
Cheers! ^^
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2

TnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TnA-2xXtReM Send a message via Yahoo to TnA-2xXtReM

Cmonex - I sent a request at the website in for a request code but got this message from Olipro I believe:

"my offer only applies to XDA-Devs, not PPCgeeks."

Just wondering if this is the case or a mistake. Haven't HSPL or anything yet as for I'm still examining my options. Thanks a lot!

Temporary selling Sprint SERO 500 plans for $80.

The SERO 500 plan is only $30 a month and it gives you: 500 minutes monthly, unlimited data, unlimited text, unlimited picture mail, nights and weekend from 7PM to 7AM, and more!

Old 11-05-2009, 05:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc 6800 /ppc 6700 /TP2/Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

kgb247 is keeping up the good workkgb247 is keeping up the good workkgb247 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by nootrak4 View Post
Try a Hard Reset. Make sure to backup first.
i have done this, same outcome. Has anyone been able to resolve this issue? still using verizon stock rom...
Old 11-06-2009, 01:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 Customized
Carrier: SPRINT

dallastx is keeping up the good workdallastx is keeping up the good workdallastx is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnA-2xXtReM View Post
Cmonex - I sent a request at the website in for a request code but got this message from Olipro I believe:

Just wondering if this is the case or a mistake. Haven't HSPL or anything yet as for I'm still examining my options. Thanks a lot!

Yes now it is....He edited his post on XDA like 5 times..At first it said "if you contributed at all on XDA...Then he retracted that statement. Sorry
Old 11-06-2009, 03:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: vodafone

cmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnA-2xXtReM View Post

yeah, I talked to him and he said that as he doesn't really hang out @ PPCGeeks he can't check members here. sorry for the confusion!

Other devices: Shift, Kaiser, Diamond (GSM version), Universals (Qtek 9000, Vodafone VPA IV) + non HTC ones.

Donations To cmonex
Old 11-06-2009, 01:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Veezy

wodurrah is becoming a great contributor

Hey do i need the sim unlocker to switch my verizon touch pro 2 to t-mobile?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc 6800 /ppc 6700 /TP2/Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

kgb247 is keeping up the good workkgb247 is keeping up the good workkgb247 is keeping up the good work

if sim unlock'd, you can pop in a tmo sim and use their network, if you want to flash a tmobile rom on your device, you will need to cid unlock
When you CID unlock, you are making the phone so its not "locked" to a specific carrier's rom. By doing a CID unlock, you could flash a tmo official rom on a verizon tp2.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development