PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2009, 11:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Eris
Carrier: Verizon

pjsockett is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpjsockett is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpjsockett is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpjsockett is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: RhodiumW/Sprint/Verizon/Telus Touch Pro 2 CID/Security/SIM Unlocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydowser View Post
2 questions, but first some background:

i called verizon and requested to have my sim unlocked on my device. the first rep transferred me to someone in a higher tier of tech support - and he gave me a 6 or 7 digit (or something like that) code. he directed me to the "sim security" setting. i typed in the code, and i now have a message that reads "your hone is SIM unlocked".

the rep told me verizon was now NOT responsible for any charges or quality issues that result from me using another sim card.

so -

1 - what exactly did i accomplish here?

2 - do i still need to go through this "sim unlocker" process that cmonex is offering?
I have the same question. It seems like Verizon users will only benefit from unlocking in the ability to use radios from other phones.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:08 AM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zim2323 View Post
This is awesome work guys! Couple questions though for newb to this. I'm sure this has been answered but I am just not quite putting it together.

I pay to security unlock my phone and then I flash the new radio (Sprint).

- What happens if I reflash the phone every week? I'm helping beta test a new ROM and one of the things we do is reflash the stock ROM before we flash new versions. Do all I do is reflash stock, flash new, then flash the unlocked radio again?

- For the utility that they send to me for my phone, can I rerun that utility on that SAME phone unlimited times if needed? Or does the unlock happen on the SIM itself so it's only done one time?

- If I have to RMA the phone for any reason, can this security be relocked, like the relocker will do for the SPL when it is released? Or will that do both?

Thanks!!!
If you're just flashing ROM's it wouldn't matter...once you're unlocked (HSPL) then you're set...you can flash to your hearts content...without having to run the hspl again...

There is a relocker...not sure if that's been posted yet...you should contact cmonex for that.

Old 11-01-2009, 11:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I did nottice that after I unlocked the radio/SIM(att sim works fine),my device runs a lot warmer now,battery also dranis faster,specially if I stream internet radio through my BT headset,the phone just got a lot hotter than b4 and during theinternet music stream,the device also becomes very sluggish,does any1 seen this problem?
Old 11-01-2009, 11:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

repfast is a n00b

This is what I was looking for. Thank you great info
Old 11-01-2009, 12:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 vzn
Carrier: PagePlus Tmobile

secondhandsmoker is a n00b

Confirming this worked great on verizon phone. For new subscribers or those not using verizon this unlocks sim. Codes had been unavailable for many tp2s. Looking for link to setup for tmobile and verizon.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW TP2 GREATEST VZW PHONE EVER
Carrier: VZW

isdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuff

Do I need to be to Security/CID unlocked to repair my ESN? With my Touch Pro, all I had to do was install the HSPL and set CID to all zeros... any different for TP2? Please delete if inappropriate.

Last edited by isdnmatt; 11-01-2009 at 12:51 PM.
Old 11-01-2009, 02:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, TP2, Pre, Pixi

newone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuff

i have to chime in and give my 2 cents here

this licensing proccess was set up very poorly. Im out of town where internet access is harder than usual so i paid for and downloaded it from my phon browser. Made somebody get off the computer at my moms house so i could "unlock my phone real quick" just to be denied because im using it on a different computer than i bought it on. wow.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker

isdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by newone757 View Post
i have to chime in and give my 2 cents here

this licensing proccess was set up very poorly. Im out of town where internet access is harder than usual so i paid for and downloaded it from my phon browser. Made somebody get off the computer at my moms house so i could "unlock my phone real quick" just to be denied because im using it on a different computer than i bought it on. wow.
This is entirely because of you. Why did you do it through your phone browser? No where does it recommend using your phone to purchase any of this. Was it absolutely necessary to unlock while your away from your home comp? Are you really going to be flashing while your traveling? Plus solutions to this problem have already been posted.

Seems like you just got anxious and had to have it, rather than waiting until an opportune time.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, TP2, Pre, Pixi

newone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdnmatt View Post
This is entirely because of you. Why did you do it through your phone browser? No where does it recommend using your phone to purchase any of this. Was it absolutely necessary to unlock while your away from your home comp? Are you really going to be flashing while your traveling? Plus solutions to this problem have already been posted.

Seems like you just got anxious and had to have it, rather than waiting until an opportune time.
NO WHERE on this page does it say or warn you should purchase, download, and flash from the same computer
http://rhodiumw.htc-unlocks.com/

ALSO the reason i did it like this is because i did not know the pc you flashed it from had to be connected to the internet so i downloaded it to my phone to transfer to my laptop (no wifi where i was) and was gonna flash it that way. didnt work. So i found a ethernet and tried again and get the verification error.

and yes i have to flash on the road, I'm on leave for over 2 weeks, changing duty station with family so even when i arrive at my next base i wont instantly have a house, or my household goods to flash from my regular desktop. if you must know.

I fthis was free i wouldnt even be mad right now but I paid $25 for a instant download service that i cant even use. they really need to put this in the instructions. (not everyone has home internet access, some people tether from their phone 24/7).
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by newone757 View Post
and yes i have to flash on the road, I'm on leave for over 2 weeks, changing duty station with family so even when i arrive at my next base i wont instantly have a house, or my household goods to flash from my regular desktop. if you must know.

I fthis was free i wouldnt even be mad right now but I paid $25 for a instant download service that i cant even use. they really need to put this in the instructions. (not everyone has home internet access, some people tether from their phone 24/7).
This only says to me that you should've waited the two weeks until you got settled. And if you actually did download directly to your laptop while tethering, it would've worked normally. The way your accessed the internet is not the problem... rather that you purchased it using one computer (the phone) then tried to unlock using another (your mom's). So technically, you could've unlocked two phones if this licensing wasn't in place.

Last edited by isdnmatt; 11-01-2009 at 03:50 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development