PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2009, 02:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DroidX...TouchPro2
Carrier: verizon

tillithz is keeping up the good worktillithz is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: RhodiumW CDMA Worldphone HardSPL Unlocker Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC Touch-Pro View Post
Thanks! I think I will stop by tomorrow and give it a show. Too bad I can't just hook the other cell phone I have, Motorola Q9c to the Acer Aspire Netbook I just got last week, turn on Internet Connection Sharing, and create a wifi hotspot in Windows XP and use that ad-hoc computer-to-computer connection to connect on my HP laptop with my HTC TP2 connected in active-sync.
just a thought, for someone so computer literate, you sure have a shity internet connection.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2
Carrier: Verizon

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillithz View Post
just a thought, for someone so computer literate, you sure have a shity internet connection.
LOL, I am not literate and I do have a crappy connection! I'd rather have 1mbps download (peak) and wait... then give DSL or another provider $600 a year to go faster I guess
August 12th... Droid-2! Still undecided; but leaning toward purchasing, as a phone to "tide" me over (according to great advice from ckeegan) until truly remarkable devices are released from Verizon fully operation on 4G networks in 2012!
Old 12-09-2009, 04:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work

Went to bed at 4am last night... I AM NOW OFFICIAL MIGHTYFIED!!!! Thanks to smopoim86 for all his help, and everyone else

I am LOVING it so far, what a great revamp and upgrade over WinMo 6.1

Does anyone have any suggestions for any new apps or tweaks above/beyond this that they have enjoyed? Thanks a lot once again - I'm pumped!

PS: I like the screen-shots a lot of people are posting up around here from their phones, how can I install something like that? I have looked and re-looked through all my programs, and I can't seem to find something with screen-shot built in.
PSS: The built-on HTC WiFi sharing worked on the first try with both laptops I tried it on simultaneously in the same room! The wifi connection cuts out every 6-7 minutes and then re-connects though, is this normal?
Old 12-10-2009, 03:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

nuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good work

I was able to verify and it works flawlessly
Old 12-10-2009, 10:41 AM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC Touch-Pro View Post
PS: I like the screen-shots a lot of people are posting up around here from their phones, how can I install something like that? I have looked and re-looked through all my programs, and I can't seem to find something with screen-shot built in.
i use My Mobiler for screenshots (among other tasks)
Old 12-10-2009, 11:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

t6800 is a n00b

If your procedure actually works, you just gave the instructions for the dealers to unlock TP2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuprotocol View Post
Badsez workaround to activate 2nd Touch Pro 2 when getting that error message.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
here is what worked for unlocking 2nd replacement sprint TP2 handset.

1. open EPST MSL program by dialing ##mslnumber#
2. changed the MDN and MSID to a different number (my google voice number). it could also be ur home telephone number in theory.
3. save and reset. ignore network or other errors.
4. connect to activesync and start the unlocker.
5. after a successful unlock and reset, change the MDN & MSID numbers back to their original values.

all set. no more waiting for cmonex's replies.

p.s. use a different computer or a dual OS on ur's to be on the safe side.
they might be looking at a boot drive hash to cross verify.

i am thankful for all the hardwork from CMONEX n team. my attempt is only to get around the seemingly longer wait times.

Thanks.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=100020
Old 12-10-2009, 12:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by t6800 View Post
If your procedure actually works, you just gave the instructions for the dealers to unlock TP2.
Believe me they figured it out a long time ago. There is an Asian Mall in Toronto that shall remain nameless, there was a guy there unlocking Pro2's. I tried to get him to tell me how he was doing, but no dice. It's just us, the everyday users that is is really having any effect on.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

Telek is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Neil Mitchell View Post
Believe me they figured it out a long time ago. There is an Asian Mall in Toronto that shall remain nameless, there was a guy there unlocking Pro2's. I tried to get him to tell me how he was doing, but no dice. It's just us, the everyday users that is is really having any effect on.
Not to mention that someone posted a hacked copy of the HSPL about 15 minutes after it was released, and anyone with even basic SPL knowledge can just rip the HSPL out of an unlocked phone and use that to unlock any other phone that they wanted.

I hate to say it, but the registration process has turned out to be such a huge waste of time for everyone involved. Most unfortunately they brought this sort of dissent on themselves. They spent nearly a month trying to get their server up and running after they had a working HSPL, a system which doesn't work properly, and they take forever to respond to support requests because they have too many other things to do.

Please understand I am not criticizing them for having lives or their awesome work, but they have eroded their image and frustrated countless people in an endeavour that most people (correctly) guessed would not work in the first place.

Ironically it's quite similar to what the RIAA/MPAA have done in their quest for content protection. Once audio or video is available in digital form it will be copied. The inane amount of protection that they attempted to layer on to prevent pirates from copying only served to provide a welcome challenge to the pirates and annoy the consumers, many of whom got so frustrated that they actually started pirating whereas they would have purchased legally had the protection not been there. As countless studies have shown people who would purchase legally in the first place still do, and people who would pirate either don't get a copy at all or continue to pirate. Impact to the bottom line of the industry is a giant 0 except for the massive amount of money lost on creating and pursuing the copy protection technology in the first place. I fear that the same thing has happened here.

Having said all that what would a better method have been to try to accomplish their goals of a) getting more donations and b) ensure that this product was only used by the community and not by commercial leeches trying to profit off of their work? I think a) could have been accomplished by requiring a valid email address and sending them a link to download a copy of the HSPL. If a donation wasn't received as a part of the unlocking process they could fire off a polite reminder email a week or two later asking how it's working and reminding them that they would like a donation. I'm not sure however how b) can reasonably be acheived since, as I mentioned, once the HSPL is out there are several methods that can be easily used to pirate it for unscrupulous use.

I know a lot of people are frustrated, so perhaps some constructive debating can assist them in developing a better system for their next release? Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by Telek; 12-10-2009 at 01:14 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ig88 is a n00b

Any Progress with HardSPL "Error 246"?

I just received a replacement Verizon TP2 and receive an error 246 message in manual and automatic unlock modes. In bootloader mode it gets to te progress bar and freezes at 1
%. I have installed enablerapinew.cab, but i still get the same error. Firewall off, AntiVirus off, WMDC 6.1. I receive the same error on Vista and Windows 7. I did unlock my previous TP2, but I am not getting any licensing errors.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

nuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telek View Post
Not to mention that someone posted a hacked copy of the HSPL about 15 minutes after it was released, and anyone with even basic SPL knowledge can just rip the HSPL out of an unlocked phone and use that to unlock any other phone that they wanted.

I hate to say it, but the registration process has turned out to be such a huge waste of time for everyone involved. Most unfortunately they brought this sort of dissent on themselves. They spent nearly a month trying to get their server up and running after they had a working HSPL, a system which doesn't work properly, and they take forever to respond to support requests because they have too many other things to do.

Please understand I am not criticizing them for having lives or their awesome work, but they have eroded their image and frustrated countless people in an endeavour that most people (correctly) guessed would not work in the first place.

Ironically it's quite similar to what the RIAA/MPAA have done in their quest for content protection. Once audio or video is available in digital form it will be copied. The inane amount of protection that they attempted to layer on to prevent pirates from copying only served to provide a welcome challenge to the pirates and annoy the consumers, many of whom got so frustrated that they actually started pirating whereas they would have purchased legally had the protection not been there. As countless studies have shown people who would purchase legally in the first place still do, and people who would pirate either don't get a copy at all or continue to pirate. Impact to the bottom line of the industry is a giant 0 except for the massive amount of money lost on creating and pursuing the copy protection technology in the first place. I fear that the same thing has happened here.

Having said all that what would a better method have been to try to accomplish their goals of a) getting more donations and b) ensure that this product was only used by the community and not by commercial leeches trying to profit off of their work? I think a) could have been accomplished by requiring a valid email address and sending them a link to download a copy of the HSPL. If a donation wasn't received as a part of the unlocking process they could fire off a polite reminder email a week or two later asking how it's working and reminding them that they would like a donation. I'm not sure however how b) can reasonably be acheived since, as I mentioned, once the HSPL is out there are several methods that can be easily used to pirate it for unscrupulous use.

I know a lot of people are frustrated, so perhaps some constructive debating can assist them in developing a better system for their next release? Anyone have any ideas?
Well Said....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development