PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2010, 03:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

sprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 7| 21916|21680 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
I'm still not feeling these new roms, they are way to many bugs for me, i do like new stuff but it at least has to be mostly stable, just my opinion.
i agree, I've almost switched to cht 1.8.5 (or back to MaxSense) a couple times lol
Old 10-13-2010, 04:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO™ 3D

furiousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good work

2686 pages.

How stables is this compare to MightyRom.

I want to try this rom.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:10 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

No issues here... NONE, never reloaded sense, no problems... ran sense for a day, now I'm on MMapplauncher... avg 108 MB free memory. NEVER run out of RAM either.. as I mentioned a few days ago... Immediately after flash, I start/settings/personal >> uncheck sense, did all my restores, PIM, sashimi (installed 30 different cabs to SD & main memory), cookie import, etc.. then rebooted, then turned back on sense..., chtedit, skin taskbar, same as my background...perfect!

681 cookie 2, WMLongLife... days on battery!
Let me know if you want to try it... I'll give you my settings, (spent hours/days getting it right)

Last edited by teradog; 10-13-2010 at 04:13 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO™ 3D

furiousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
No issues here... NONE, never reloaded sense, no problems... ran sense for a day, now I'm on MMapplauncher... avg 108 MB free memory. NEVER run out of RAM either..

Let me know if you want to try it... I'll give you my settings, (spent hours/days getting it right)
sure thanks! i will give this try.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:17 PM
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by furiousgtz View Post
sure thanks! i will give this try.
As you know Might Mike is no longer at PPCGeeks, even then.. it had been a while since he updated... and usually he didn't do 6.5.x

Please read the first 4 posts very thoroughly & you'll get an idea which one you want to DL, also search my posts for explanations of the latest ROM's & startmenu options.

*edit* Start with reading all these also
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-u...ml#post1969047
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-u...ml#post1969038
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-u...ml#post1968999
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-u...ml#post1968972
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-u...ml#post1968966

Will give you a flavor of what's going on.. not really in the first few posts... If you like mighty mike roms you may even want to go with standard ROMS either reference or Energy... but if you want to rock your socks....
Energy.RHODCDMA.21681.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Oct.08.7 z or dinik = glass reflection, GTX = white
Energy.RHODCDMA.21681.Sense2.5.Cookie.1.8.5.Sencit y.Oct.10.7z

off topic>> Windows Phone 7

Last edited by teradog; 10-13-2010 at 04:43 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

unxguyjr is just getting started

Hi, I am a flashaholic its been 6 days since my last flash....I am on Oct 7 21680 Dinik Classic default pp of 22. It has been rock solid for me and fast but I have the desire to flash, when I called the local FAA group I got the airport guess I will just fall off the wagon and flash.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch on Boost
Carrier: Boost Mobile

IOReCKI is just getting started

Quote:
No issues here... NONE, never reloaded sense, no problems... ran sense for a day, now I'm on MMapplauncher... avg 108 MB free memory. NEVER run out of RAM either.. as I mentioned a few days ago... Immediately after flash, I start/settings/personal >> uncheck sense, did all my restores, PIM, sashimi (installed 30 different cabs to SD & main memory), cookie import, etc.. then rebooted, then turned back on sense..., chtedit, skin taskbar, same as my background...perfect!

ill take any settings and info....pm me or post here. I gave up on the oct.8 release and moved to the 10/10 sencity release....seems to be working good...got a couple minor setbacks that really dont bother me yet.

if i do all your settings from scratch...i should reflash first huh ?

also, i just came about task29 or whatever it is called, i ran it and i got an error b4 it could start...so i dunno. i clear memory, flash , then do a hard reset. atleast those are the instructions ive been following for a while. All situations i keep getting are b4 i install cabs.

any help would be much appreciated....thank you !

Last edited by IOReCKI; 10-13-2010 at 05:19 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: rhodium
Carrier: sprint

sigson is just getting started

Quote:

I too will take any settings you recommend...please PM me or post them here...

THANKS!! (not hitting the thanks button)
Old 10-13-2010, 05:36 PM
VIP Member - Retired

Does a White Screen (background) use more battery?
NO

A wise old timer told me once... believe 1/2 of what you see & none of what you hear.... so I did a little research on the whole white background & pixel thing... (as I may have stated in the past of it using more battery)..

It doesn't. BUT, can be easily confused with dimming the screen...

1. Dimming the screen only one notch (manually) is so much more significant it's not even funny. Some study's even say the white uses less than the black as it takes a higher voltage to align the crystals to black (filter)

EVERYTHING BELOW THIS POINT IS INSIGNIFICANT & trivial in comparison to screen brightness & dimming. Differences are tiny when compared to the brightness setting.

Having said that...
2. Having a light sensor constantly monitoring ambient light (light meter) power, backlight, "Automatically adjust backlight"
>uses far more battery then the changing of the color of the lcd crystals also!

Sprint TP2 light sensor location: top left of phone, between htc & left side of speaker screen led, big round hole... press it in a bright light you can see it... test it by adding the proximity quick link "slider button" under add quicklink, turn on & run finger over that area.

Best bet? Use the manual setting to set your backlight! (I don't...)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
wiki stuff:
**As LCD panels produce no light of their own, they require an external lighting mechanism to be easily visible.
On most displays, this consists of a cold cathode fluorescent lamp that is situated behind the LCD panel.
**LCDs may use one or two large fluorescent lamps as a backlight source,
3. but the different colors are controlled by LCD units, which in effect behave as gates that allow or block the passage of light from the backlight to red, green, or blue paint on the front of the LCD panel.[1][2][3]

Fact or Fiction?: Black Is Better than White for Energy-Efficient Screens: Scientific American
In fact in newer liquid-crystal display, or LCD, monitors white is actually slightly more energy efficient than black.
So if you're still toiling away in front of a hefty CRT monitor that takes up three-quarters of your desk, then black screens will save you some energy. For those who've graduated to thinner LCD models, black screens are actually sucking up more energy then their white counterparts.

Saving Energy – One Monitor at a Time « Saving Energy
LCD: Consumes same power for all colors on screen. (white & black being colors) Consumes higher power for higher brightness. Consumes same power for all contrast

Does Black screen saves more Energy than White screen? | September 24th | The Shishir Kumar Blog
LCD displays rely on an array of thin-tube fluorescent bulbs that provide a constant source of light to create a white screen. To make it black, LCDs rely on a diffuser to block this light. As a result, LCDs use more energy than CRTs to display a black screen. Measuring a 17-inch (43-centimeter) LCD monitor, Schindler found that white required 22.6 watts, while black came in a tad higher at 23.2 watts. With a 20-inch (50.8-centimeter) LCD, black required 6 percent more energy than white.

Energy Saving with theGreenSpider | theGreenspider - In search of a better world
A pixel in an LCD display typically consists of a layer of molecules aligned between two transparent electrodes. When a voltage is applied across the electrodes, a torque acts to align the liquid crystal molecules parallel to the electric field. This reduces the light shining through from the backlight, and the device appears gray. If the applied voltage is large enough, the liquid crystal molecules are completely untwisted; the result is that the backlight will then be completely blocked and the pixel will appear black. By controlling the voltage applied across the liquid crystal layer in each pixel, light can be allowed to pass through in varying amounts, correspondingly illuminating the pixel. As such, LCD display technology is different from CRT technology, and therefore colours that are energy efficient to display on a CRT monitor (e.g. black) are not as energy efficient to display on an LCD monitor.

... but then the next pargraph says another study found the opposite... ragging debate..

GTX here I come baby! (I'll at least try it...) :>))

Last edited by teradog; 10-14-2010 at 09:06 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:37 PM
VIP Member - Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigson View Post
I too will take any settings you recommend...please PM me or post them here...

THANKS!! (not hitting the thanks button)
gotta run, back in a couple hours... tonight anyway, will get it then

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development