PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2010, 04:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

hellonwheels is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellonwheels View Post
I usually use titanium... but trying out july 21 cookie... Anyways autofill in is broken in Standard SMS... new sms> to: [xxxx] It tries to bring up some names, but then stops and doesn't update them after a single or double char. input. Is this true for everyone? I have 502 contacts. Have reset several times... Contacts were synced with gmail exchange server...
What keyboard are you using? I think there was an issue with one of the keyboards in the past, I believe it was the Swype keyboard, try switching to one of the other ones and see if that fixes your issue.
thank you.. no problem with regular soft keyboard. having swype selected (-but not using) messes up the name search filter to less tha useless
Old 07-23-2010, 04:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

oehwarieme is a n00b
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jul 21| 21911|23121 * Sense 2016

i have a problem with the rotation. i used bsb tweaks to change the rotation facebook and the tmail.exe. but they only work once. how do i make the roatation work all the time ?
Old 07-23-2010, 04:38 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jul 21| 21911|23121 * Sense 2016

Quote:
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

thank you.. no problem with regular soft keyboard. having swype selected (-but not using) messes up the name search filter to less tha useless
Maybe it's me but I'm confused at what you typed lol. So are you saying that you had the Swype keyboard enabled and that was the problem and now you changed to the regular Qwerty keyboard and now everything is fine and works like it's supposed to?
Old 07-23-2010, 04:45 PM
Android Soldier

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by oehwarieme View Post
i have a problem with the rotation. i used bsb tweaks to change the rotation facebook and the tmail.exe. but they only work once. how do i make the roatation work all the time ?
Are you saying that you cannot go to say the mail tab, slide open the keyboard and the screen won't rotate? Granted I'm using 23569 from June 6th but that's how mine works, it doesn't autorotate, you might be able to use Gyrator to get it to do that automatically, do a search for it and download and install it and see if that's what you are wanting.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:51 PM
N00b

hellonwheels is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69
Quote:

Maybe it's me but I'm confused at what you typed lol. So are you saying that you had the Swype keyboard enabled and that was the problem and now you changed to the regular Qwerty keyboard and now everything is fine and works like it's supposed to?
Yes.... what you said! swype messes it up. cant use swype.

how can i disable htc contacts and htc messaging? I need to be able to see and get to contact notes! (w/o many keypresses) and htc messaging is slow and less functional.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bongohawk is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongohawk View Post
So far I do love this new ROM, Energy.RHODCDMA.23121.Sense2.5.Cookie.Jul.21,
but I am still having problem with my "slow to receive headers" with my Gmail using IMAP. On his other ROM's it would take almost 2 minutes to complete. Now it takes 45-60 seconds. Better, but still slow.
At first I thought it was the version of Manila 2016, but I tried another ROM, Plutonium, and it used Manila 2016 as well and my Gmail "receiving headers" is much quicker on Pluto's ROM. So I did try a few things and changed the PagePool to 16 and that might have helped speed it up a bit, but still it takes a long time. I don't know if there is something in this ROM kitchen that slows down tmail.exe or if it is something else in the ROM.
If I do change the Home from "HTC Sense" to "Windows Default" and then do a send/receive, it receives the headers a lot quicker and more like it should.
Anyone, have any other ideas of options I can try to speed up the "receiving headers" in Gmail under HTC Sense?

Well I have been experimenting with the SD Card, and noticed something. When I remove my SD Card completely and do a Send/Receive, it will receive the headers quickly, like normal. When I put the SD card back in, and try Send/Receive again, it slows it right back down again. I did notice that yes, it is creating an Application Data folder on my SD Card.

I went through the whole process of copying everything off my SD card to my PC and then formatting the SD Card and then copying everything back, and that didn't seem to work.

Does anyone know of a registry tweak or something that can change the Application Data folder from showing up on my SD Card and put it on the phone itself?
Old 07-23-2010, 05:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

btstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Well I have been experimenting with the SD Card, and noticed something. When I remove my SD Card completely and do a Send/Receive, it will receive the headers quickly, like normal. When I put the SD card back in, and try Send/Receive again, it slows it right back down again. I did notice that yes, it is creating an Application Data folder on my SD Card.

I went through the whole process of copying everything off my SD card to my PC and then formatting the SD Card and then copying everything back, and that didn't seem to work.

Does anyone know of a registry tweak or something that can change the Application Data folder from showing up on my SD Card and put it on the phone itself?
Your device has an Application Data folder as well.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:10 PM
N00b

hellonwheels is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongohawk
Quote:
So far I do love this new ROM, Energy.RHODCDMA.23121.Sense2.5.Cookie.Jul.21,
but I am still having problem with my "slow to receive headers" with my Gmail using IMAP. On his other ROM's it would take almost 2 minutes to complete. Now it takes 45-60 seconds. Better, but still slow.
At first I thought it was the version of Manila 2016, but I tried another ROM, Plutonium, and it used Manila 2016 as well and my Gmail "receiving headers" is much quicker on Pluto's ROM. So I did try a few things and changed the PagePool to 16 and that might have helped speed it up a bit, but still it takes a long time. I don't know if there is something in this ROM kitchen that slows down tmail.exe or if it is something else in the ROM.
If I do change the Home from "HTC Sense" to "Windows Default" and then do a send/receive, it receives the headers a lot quicker and more like it should.
Anyone, have any other ideas of options I can try to speed up the "receiving headers" in Gmail under HTC Sense?

maybe you should try a different fasted sd card?
Old 07-23-2010, 05:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

jpriset is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpriset is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpriset is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekknogenius View Post
One thing I noticed about SMS app is that even though I have my headphones plugged in, the notification comes through the phone not the headphones. Wierd, right? Anyone else have this? I'm using the GTX white version (July 21st).

I believe it is the same thing with incoming calls...it rings even though the headphones are plugged in
Old 07-23-2010, 05:16 PM
Android Soldier

Quote:

Yes.... what you said! swype messes it up. cant use swype.

how can i disable htc contacts and htc messaging? I need to be able to see and get to contact notes! (w/o many keypresses) and htc messaging is slow and less functional.
Ok glad to hear that what I suggested worked for you. One thing to keep in mind is that when someone helps you to hit the thanks button and that gives us incentive to keep helping others out, I see that you are pretty new is why I mention it.

No idea about disabling HTC contacts and messaging, I just roll with whatever is in the ROM right now as I'm out of the country so to tell the truth it's not bothering me, maybe someone else will chime in and help you with that.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development