PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2010, 05:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

gtmethod3 is keeping up the good workgtmethod3 is keeping up the good workgtmethod3 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.3|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23518/21885 |Jan 14| ★ Sense 2.5 / MaxManila ★

Just found this thread!!!

A developer over at XDA created skins for the default WM messenger! Looks a lot nicer. Appears to be working well for me so far. I will keep the thread posted on issues.

Check out: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=106039&page=3
Look at post #27

Original developer thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=614131

Be sure to give this guy thanks: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...90&postcount=1

Update: Seems to be working well. Only issue I'm having is I'm unable to dismiss a SMS even though it has been read. The indicator light keeps blinking and Manilla says i have 1 unread. Any Ideas?

Last edited by gtmethod3; 01-16-2010 at 07:43 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-16-2010, 06:00 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmethod3 View Post
Just curious, what issue did you have with not using 2 minutes disconnect?
I am curious as well. Have you noticed a difference in battery drain?

Back in the ol TP1 days it was determined using NRGs cooked in T battery feature that the battery was not affected for the better or worse by auto disabling the data connection after a specified time period. I also read some where......hard to say what is current anymore for sure on this front....but that the TP2 system shows a data connection via Taskbar icon after the data has actually went dormant, leaving many users to originally believe that the data was still on, I think in the mighty thread...... Just curious if you guys that are into the auto data kill are seeing any real gain on in that realm....
Old 01-16-2010, 06:03 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyblack View Post
Naw... The ROM off this site won't work so I when do XDA and got one off theres. BUt I'll try to re flash it or go back and flash an old one
DUDE ARE YOU SERIOUS??????

EnergyROM posted by NRGZ28 on XDA is GSM ONLY!!!!! He uses PPCGEEKs for his CDMA and GSM is on XDA!!! Flashing that XDA ROM will only get you a failed boot...... You need to try to redown from the link in THIS thread post 1 and try again.
Old 01-16-2010, 06:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmethod3 View Post
Just curious, what issue did you have with not using 2 minutes disconnect?
When I had it set to 1 minute some programs wouldnt finish updating because the data connection shut off and when I set it to 2 minutes the problem went away. Cant remember what program it was that was having the problem because it was so long ago.
Old 01-16-2010, 06:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note-2

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

NRGZ, wondering if you could make editions of your great roms with not so much apps to solve the memory drainage issue? Items you leave out I don't mind installing to storage card.
Old 01-16-2010, 06:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycats View Post
NRGZ, wondering if you could make editions of your great roms with not so much apps to solve the memory drainage issue? Items you leave out I don't mind installing to storage card.
+1 on that. Theres alot of stuff on here ill never ever use thats just taking up space.
Old 01-16-2010, 06:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2/ EPic
Carrier: sprint

bobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuff

Okay... I'll give it another shot
Old 01-16-2010, 08:17 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

Quote:
Originally Posted by sec1rxg View Post
I've tried installing Maxmanila 2.8 and it works! the only deal breaker is that it removes calander remiders from home screen, not enough room.
only by default,if you go to MM settings and set calender to 2 it pops right back to where it use to be

Old 01-16-2010, 08:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

smilermoon is a n00b

Using Jan. 14 21885

HELP!! I'm trying to get mms working, just like everyone else I guess. I tried manually entering the settings and no go. I tried installing valkyrie's cab and it get halfway through installing and then says it can't install because it doesn't have permission.

I noticed also that even when I manually change the server settings to 1024 kb allowance, when I try to send a picture it says the limit is still 300...and then I compress and try to send but it tries to send and then it will give me a "http: send GET request failed" error message.

While on Dec. 17 21885 build I had manually changed the settings and it worked fine...but it's almost like I can't access the real settings. I have been trying to get this to work ALL DAY. I don't really want to go the disable htc route, but I guess I might have to at this point. I am able to receive pictures through wm, but i can't get a picture to send at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can't access any cdma server settings for mms either...could I possibly have a bad download or bad flash?
Old 01-16-2010, 08:33 PM
GTX Team Member
Pocket PC: Epic! (Evo and TP2 on standby)

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilermoon View Post
Using Jan. 14 21885

HELP!! I'm trying to get mms working, just like everyone else I guess. I tried manually entering the settings and no go. I tried installing valkyrie's cab and it get halfway through installing and then says it can't install because it doesn't have permission.

I noticed also that even when I manually change the server settings to 1024 kb allowance, when I try to send a picture it says the limit is still 300...and then I compress and try to send but it tries to send and then it will give me a "http: send GET request failed" error message.

While on Dec. 17 21885 build I had manually changed the settings and it worked fine...but it's almost like I can't access the real settings. I have been trying to get this to work ALL DAY. I don't really want to go the disable htc route, but I guess I might have to at this point. I am able to receive pictures through wm, but i can't get a picture to send at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can't access any cdma server settings for mms either...could I possibly have a bad download or bad flash?
Try installing the valkyrie cab after a soft reset...sounds like you have a message open in the background.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development