PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2010, 09:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

bmasephol is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.3|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23518/21885 |Jan 14| ★ Sense 2.5 / MaxManila ★

Need help, usually I can figure these things out but this one is driving me nuts. Running latest NRG rom. Don't like the HTC Messaging, just want to get back to the plain SMS/MMS that I used to use. Ran the disable HTC Messaging, ran an uninstaller for the Arcsoft stuff, ran an installer for a Sprint (my carrier) Arcsoft. When I click all messages I go to the "outlook" view of the messages but when I click on a message in "Coversation" view only 1 message is shown. If I change the view to "Inbox" then all messages are shown but not threaded. Any advice?
Old 01-16-2010, 09:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc TP2

harvick2933 is keeping up the good workharvick2933 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to harvick2933

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtouch2 View Post
ok, so I am really new to this and was bored today and decided it would be a good day to try out a new rom. I have never flashed a rom before and was scared it would kill my phone but, with this forums instructions it went through without a hitch. The only issues I had were the mms issues most were having. But, after following the instructions in this post it is up and running also! This ROM really is soooooooo much nicer then the stock rom, why can't sprint cook up one this nice!
I hear That!!
Old 01-16-2010, 10:00 PM
GTX Team Member
Pocket PC: Epic! (Evo and TP2 on standby)

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmasephol View Post
Need help, usually I can figure these things out but this one is driving me nuts. Running latest NRG rom. Don't like the HTC Messaging, just want to get back to the plain SMS/MMS that I used to use. Ran the disable HTC Messaging, ran an uninstaller for the Arcsoft stuff, ran an installer for a Sprint (my carrier) Arcsoft. When I click all messages I go to the "outlook" view of the messages but when I click on a message in "Coversation" view only 1 message is shown. If I change the view to "Inbox" then all messages are shown but not threaded. Any advice?
Have you received new messages since disabling HTC messaging? Anything you receive now should be threaded...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:00 PM
Lurker

smilermoon is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtouch2 View Post
ok, so I am really new to this and was bored today and decided it would be a good day to try out a new rom. I have never flashed a rom before and was scared it would kill my phone but, with this forums instructions it went through without a hitch. The only issues I had were the mms issues most were having. But, after following the instructions in this post it is up and running also! This ROM really is soooooooo much nicer then the stock rom, why can't sprint cook up one this nice!
Can you tell me what exactly you did to get mms working? There are like 50 different ways to get it working in this thread and I am having a hard time getting mine to work. Also what sprint mms server settings did you use, because there are also a bunch of different ones floating around and I'd like to fix this for good!
Old 01-16-2010, 10:03 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I didnt read the whole thread but I just wanted to say I down loaded "EnergyROM_21885_RHOD500_14.Jan.2010_Standard" (Thanks) and had problems getting a GPS lock. Let it sit a hour still with no lock. I tried with Google Maps and with Garmin Mobile. After some messing with it I deleted Google maps and reinstalled a older cab I had (V 3.2.1 #17) and GPS works fine with a quick GPS lock now. So loose the Google maps that came with it and go back to a older one if your having GPS issues.

Edit: Did not fix it. Still have a GPS issue.

Last edited by Lsme420; 01-17-2010 at 02:26 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:07 PM
Lurker

smilermoon is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientific View Post
Now that your htc messaging is disabled, if you want to increase file size, install this cab...
Ok, I installed valkyrie and then installed the other link you gave...maybe I have the wrong settings in there for sprint...but I am trying to send mms and it has been trying to send for at least 10 min. Not sure what's going on, it could just be taking a really long time I guess. Also, really dumb question...to send pic I'm supposed to go through album>messages and not mail right? Usually I'm pretty good at figuring this stuff out but maybe I need it broken down for me in baby steps lol. There are like 50 different sprint mms server settings floating around...if you know which ones will work could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks to anyone who can help?
Old 01-16-2010, 10:23 PM
GTX Team Member
Pocket PC: Epic! (Evo and TP2 on standby)

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilermoon View Post
Ok, I installed valkyrie and then installed the other link you gave...maybe I have the wrong settings in there for sprint...but I am trying to send mms and it has been trying to send for at least 10 min. Not sure what's going on, it could just be taking a really long time I guess. Also, really dumb question...to send pic I'm supposed to go through album>messages and not mail right? Usually I'm pretty good at figuring this stuff out but maybe I need it broken down for me in baby steps lol. There are like 50 different sprint mms server settings floating around...if you know which ones will work could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks to anyone who can help?
What settings are you using? Try this:

MMSC: h ttp://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms?X-SPRINT-MDN=1234567890(Replace with your number)
Port:80
WAP=None
Old 01-16-2010, 10:37 PM
Lurker

bmasephol is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientific View Post
Have you received new messages since disabling HTC messaging? Anything you receive now should be threaded...
Ok I think I have it straightened out... I see that the "Conversation" view in outlook doesn't really do anything. The normal "Inbox" view is what I'm after after a new message is received... it created the threading, put the new message in but only brought in the old messages that I've sent to that person but none of the existing messages that I've received from that person. Oh well close enough.

BTW I have the 2016 fix installed and working.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint...when it works...

skydiverjeff is keeping up the good workskydiverjeff is keeping up the good work

Was bored so I thought I would share something a bit different :

"Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. If you can raed tihs, psot it to yuor wlal. Olny 55% of plepoe can."
Old 01-16-2010, 10:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DKSE is a n00b

The only problems I am having so far are with MMS/SMS. Every other message gets sent to me twice, sometimes with an annoying "-GSM" at the end. If I disable HTC messaging then the Unread message indicator will never go away. Also I get an error trying to send picture messages.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development