PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 03:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

grants04 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23518/21889 |Jan 25| ★ Sense 2.5 / MaxManila ★

NRGZ, thank you for all of your work on these ROMS! I love them! Before I found yours, I never much fooled with custom ROMS. Too much work trying them out, then configuring settings, etc. Yours look great, work well, and already have most of what I would install anyway. Now I'm addicted to flashing! ...

I just finished setting up Jan 20th 23518 yesterday when I saw Jan 25's go up!

One quick request for advice from the forum: I'm not very adept with UC or Sashimi, but I've been using the latter to set up my email accounts/settings, owner info, wi-fi settings, and the few extra cabs I like. What I don't know how to do, and would make this process perfect, is program Sashimi to set up things like my ringtone choices, notification settings (ie sound and vibrate or not for new emails, etc), MaxManilla settings, contact favorites (in my order, not alphabetical like the builtin program), quicklinks, etc. Is there a way to set Sashimi to do this??

BTW, I will post this question in the Sashimi thread too. I just thought since so many of these settings are unique to the EnergyRom, Manilla and MaxManilla, that it might be good to ask this question here.

Thank you in advance for the advice!

Last edited by grants04; 01-26-2010 at 03:54 PM. Reason: add info
Old 01-26-2010, 04:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO

glenwill is keeping up the good workglenwill is keeping up the good workglenwill is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by grants04 View Post
NRGZ, thank you for all of your work on these ROMS! I love them! Before I found yours, I never much fooled with custom ROMS. Too much work trying them out, then configuring settings, etc. Yours look great, work well, and already have most of what I would install anyway. Now I'm addicted to flashing! ...

I just finished setting up Jan 20th 23518 yesterday when I saw Jan 25's go up!

One quick request for advice from the forum: I'm not very adept with UC or Sashimi, but I've been using the latter to set up my email accounts/settings, owner info, wi-fi settings, and the few extra cabs I like. What I don't know how to do, and would make this process perfect, is program Sashimi to set up things like my ringtone choices, notification settings (ie sound and vibrate or not for new emails, etc), MaxManilla settings, contact favorites (in my order, not alphabetical like the builtin program), quicklinks, etc. Is there a way to set Sashimi to do this??

BTW, I will post this question in the Sashimi thread too. I just thought since so many of these settings are unique to the EnergyRom, Manilla and MaxManilla, that it might be good to ask this question here.

Thank you in advance for the advice!
Yes, you can setup Sashimi to do this. I have my Sashimi setup to set my volume, turn on quick gps, set total commander preferences, calibrate my screen, set my timezone, ringtone, backlight settings, power settings, S2U2, Slingplayer, Audible player, etc, etc.

The trick is figuring out where the configuration is stored. It's typically either in the registry or in a settings file in the application's install directory.

This link will give you locations for many registry settings, and is where I got a lot of mine:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=415456

When I'm looking for settings locations, I usually start looking in the program's install folder and the registry for keywords from the program or setting. Sometimes I'll do a full registry export, change the settings in question, and do another full registry export. Then I'll download both to Windows and do a file compare to see what changed.

EDIT: Here's another link with settings: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75214

Glen
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700, Mogul, TP, TP2, Evo 4G

proxcee is just getting started

Did a search and nada. Maybe its just me ...otherwise there would be tons of posts on this BUT.....is anyone able to send txt's using the 1/25 max manila 21889 ROM? I can receive them but when you go to the SMS tab and click the message...nothing. Click on "All messages"...nothing. When I go to start > Internet > Messaging...there are no accounts listed, more specifically no SMS account. Am I missing something really obvious?
Old 01-26-2010, 04:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: VERIZON

joeramirez is becoming a great contributor
Re: Swype and ringtone corruption

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I am running the Dec 17th 21885 Dusk ROM (& it's awesome)

That has Swype cooked in & my ringer has always worked fine.

I had the ringer problem through 4 different versions of Juicy's ROM, but it works perfectly for me now.

~John
I too went back to the dec.17th rom. These latest roms are great, but they were designed for the newer phones with faster processors and can be buggy.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

SRX8o7 is keeping up the good workSRX8o7 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to SRX8o7 Send a message via MSN to SRX8o7

I love the new ROM.. im using "21889 standard M2.5_MaxManila" There are just a things that bug me..

the 4 new icons that are below the call history in my opinion are useless unless I took those tabs off the today screen..and the call history button as well. They are just "too close" to each other..im just very weird like that. Also doesn't show my calender appts on the today screen.. Anyone understand where im coming from? Not bashing his ROMs at all cuz there the only thing I use. I doubt there is a way to remove those 4 icons and changed call history to my calender.

Im gunna flash "21889.StandardM2.5" once my 9 mins is up and see how that one goes.
Other than that I had/have no problems with anything else. No freezing, no anything. Love the new apps that were put in and the extra program spaces we got on the today screen.

Old 01-26-2010, 04:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRX8o7 View Post
I love the new ROM.. im using "21889 standard M2.5_MaxManila" There are just a things that bug me..

the 4 new icons that are below the call history in my opinion are useless unless I took those tabs off the today screen..and the call history button as well. They are just "too close" to each other..im just very weird like that. Also doesn't show my calender appts on the today screen.. Anyone understand where im coming from? Not bashing his ROMs at all cuz there the only thing I use. I doubt there is a way to remove those 4 icons and changed call history to my calender.

Im gunna flash "21889.StandardM2.5" once my 9 mins is up and see how that one goes.
Other than that I had/have no problems with anything else. No freezing, no anything. Love the new apps that were put in and the extra program spaces we got on the today screen.

Text messaging working ok?
Old 01-26-2010, 04:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxcee View Post
Text messaging working ok?
yea txt is working fine. I haven't installed any of the cabs yet to switch back to original txting but from what i have sent/received everything is ok.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
yea txt is working fine. I haven't installed any of the cabs yet to switch back to original txting but from what i have sent/received everything is ok.
Thanks...maybe i just need to reflash.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

fryjr82 is keeping up the good workfryjr82 is keeping up the good work

Quote:

You can change all that in the MaxManila options. Just swipe your finger from the middle top to bottom. Reverse it to get out of the options. Here is a link for more information:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...66&postcount=2
Old 01-26-2010, 04:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxcee View Post
Thanks...maybe i just need to reflash.
whats happening with yours?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development