PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2009, 05:53 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |CR|6.5.3|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (28002/21869) ★ |Nov 20| ★ Latest Sense 2.5!

Thanks TP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpeazy View Post
SMS is short messaging service..this normally just means txt messaging and it uses a side channel (runs in the overhead) that allows you to send/receive while on a call. MMS is multimedia messaging and it follows a similar protocol but uses data connection to send messages.

Tp

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Super EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

goldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargoldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargoldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to goldgrillshinin
Re: |CR|6.5.3|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (28002/21869) ★ |Nov 20| ★ Latest Sense 2.5!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brol1k View Post
Hey guys I need some help with the MMS ...cant send any info on this would help, is there an alternative instead of disabling the leo mms? I installed that cab that supposedly fixes it but it doesnt work.
I just posted for someone else on the previous page.. I am with sprint.. You need to use the Disable HTC Messaging cab and then adjust to sprint server settings... Check for my post on the previous page..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:58 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

Thnks Boushh.

I did that, and had an adverse effect. It eventually left the delete function But.. It still showed the msg as being in the inbox and I wasn't able to use the msg system at all. Tried to send new msg nothing, tried to access all msg's nothing, did a soft reset and back to normal.

Is this a bug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boushh View Post
1. No, this is normal, you will see the white screen for up to 5 seconds maybe and then it will go away, every single time you reboot.

2. go into "all messages" then in the upper left hand corner you will see "inbox" with a drop down arrow, click on the arrow and navigate to "deleted items" then selected the unread deleted item and your notification will go away.
Old 11-21-2009, 06:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Boushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boushh Send a message via MSN to Boushh

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless25 View Post
Thnks Boushh.

I did that, and had an adverse effect. It eventually left the delete function But.. It still showed the msg as being in the inbox and I wasn't able to use the msg system at all. Tried to send new msg nothing, tried to access all msg's nothing, did a soft reset and back to normal.

Is this a bug?
Not one that I've experienced. First time I recall hearing about it too...
Old 11-21-2009, 06:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2; HTC EVO 4G

tpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stuff

Thanks for the help with the MMS issue. So I guess it boils down to this. If you want to use MMS, you have to disable HTC messaging. There is no way to get MMS working in HTC messaging. Even tho sms works great. Is that about it?

Tp
Old 11-21-2009, 06:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldgrillshinin View Post
I just posted for someone else on the previous page.. I am with sprint.. You need to use the Disable HTC Messaging cab and then adjust to sprint server settings... Check for my post on the previous page..
actually, if you install the disable cab then the juggalo_x sprint cab, all the settings are set for you.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-21-2009, 06:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tour hybrid/ EvoRooteD

brol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to brol1k

damn so basically mms send wont work with htc messaging, and the only way to work it is by disabling htc messaging and then doing the following reg entries and setting? that suks lol
Sprint 4g speed:
Old 11-21-2009, 06:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv-6600 / xv-6700 / xv-6800 / TouchPro / TouchPro2
Carrier: Verizon

Verm is keeping up the good workVerm is keeping up the good work

you do NOT NEED to disable htc messages...

all disabling it does is take you to arcsoft when you press the "all messages" button.

i have htc messages running fine and handling all my sms

htc messages is even kind enough to notify me that i have an MMS waiting... but it is incapable of downloading it. (my suspicion as to why was covered in a previous post regarding the exclusion of MDN data in the reg keys for manila)

if i recieve or want to send an mms... all i do is hit "start -> internet folder -> messaging" to fire up arcsoft and let it handle mms tasks for me.

if you look thru my previous posts.. youll see how its done, ive repeated myself numerous times.

and ill say it again for good measure.....

you do NOT NEED to disable htc messages.

but you DO need proper reg entries for arcsoft.

MMS buggin? READ THE FAQ!
Keyboard trippin? READ THE FAQ!
Activesync slackin? READ THE FAQ!
GPS getting you down? READ THE FAQ!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Thanks" are always appreciated if I've helped you in some way.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-21-2009, 06:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2; HTC EVO 4G

tpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verm View Post
you do NOT NEED to disable htc messages...

all disabling it does is take you to arcsoft when you press the "all messages" button.

i have htc messages running fine and handling all my sms

htc messages is even kind enough to notify me that i have an MMS waiting... but it is incapable of downloading it. (my suspicion as to why was covered in a previous post regarding the exclusion of MDN data in the reg keys for manila)

if i recieve or want to send an mms... all i do is hit "start -> internet folder -> messaging" to fire up arcsoft and let it handle mms tasks for me.

if you look thru my previous posts.. youll see how its done, ive repeated myself numerous times.

and ill say it again for good measure.....

you do NOT NEED to disable htc messages.

but you DO need proper reg entries for arcsoft.

Thanks Vern, I just read back thru nearly all of your posts and the one that I can see that references this issue has you instructing folks to disable messaging.

Maybe I am missing something. I believe that the Nov 19 21869 ROM doesn't even come with Arcsoft. At least when I go to "start > Internet >..." it only shows my mail accounts. So I need to install a version of arcsoft and then try from there.

Is there any additional help you can provide. I did not find your post with the reg edits. Was it from someone other then yourself?

Tp
Old 11-21-2009, 07:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: rogers

maedhros is keeping up the good workmaedhros is keeping up the good work

Just had something VERY strange happen.

Phone was chargin, I came back to it after an hour or so. The mute button was blinking.... So I was like hmmm wtf. Tried to take the phone outa standby, wouldn't work. So I soft rested.

The phone turned on... AND HARD RESTED BY ITSELF

Some how, after the reset procedure it still loaded all my programs back on automatically, even into the same folders they we're in before hard reset. But the touch driver program wouldn't work, so I hard rested manually, just to make sure everything was good.

Thats my only problem with this rom. Otherwise Keep it up NRG.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development