PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 02:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro soon to be TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Zero_Shadow is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |CR|6.5.1|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (23504/21864) ★ |Nov 9| ★ Latest Manila 2.5!

I have an interesting problem, since disabling the HTC Messaging as advised in this thread I used the Zenyee Disable HTC Messaging 1.2.CAB from XDA ive been having some issues receiving text messages.

What happens is that I would sometimes not receive a message at all but all the indications that a message came thru would be present such as the Ev changes to 1X and the screen light up but nothing appears in either Manila or the Windows Messaging app. Also the other problem is that I will already be in a thread or will be in the main Messaging section and the indications that I received a txt will appear and the Loading Message at the bottom will get stuck and I will have to reset. If this problem occurs I can not enter back into the Messaging app at all without reseting the device so I cant enter thru Manila or thru Messaing from the Start Menu.

Some of the things Ive tried was to reset the device of course which will temporarily fix the problem. I have also did a hard reset and the problem will still come back. The only thing I can think of that may cause the problem originally is when I restored my txt via Myphone which after the hard reset I didnt do but the problem still remains. I also recently did a PRL update but I cant see why that would be causing the issue. But i didnt start having this issue until I disabled HTC Messaging which leads me to believe that its associated with that.

At the moment Im out of ideas anybody got an advice I can try.

ROM 23504 Nov 9th Build

TIA

Last edited by Zero_Shadow; 11-13-2009 at 04:57 PM.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Boushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boushh Send a message via MSN to Boushh
Re: |CR|6.5.1|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (23504/21864) ★ |Nov 9| ★ Latest Manila 2.5!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_Shadow View Post
I have an interesting problem, since disabling the HTC Messaging as advised in this thread I used the Zenyee Disable HTC Messaging 1.2.CAB from XDA ive been having some issues receiving text messages.

What happens is that I would sometimes not receive a message at all but all the indications that a message came thru would be present such as the Ev changes to 1X and the screen light up but nothing appears in either Manila or the Windows Messaging app. Also the other problem is that I will already be in a thread or will be in the main Messaging section and the indications that I received a txt will appear and the Loading Message at the bottom will get stuck and I will have to reset. If this problem occurs I can not enter back into the Messaging app at all without reseting the device so I cant enter thru Manila or thru Messaing from the Start Menu.

Some of the things Ive tried was to reset the device of course which will temporarily fix the problem. I have also did a hard reset and the problem will still come back. The only thing I can think of that may cause the problem originally is when I restored my txt via Myphone which after the hard reset I didnt do but the problem still remains. I also recently did a PRL update but I cant see why that would be causing the issue. But i didnt start having this issue until I disabled HTC Messaging which leads me to believe that its associated with that.

At the moment Im out of ideas anybody got an advice I can try.

TIA
okay, what is the date of the ROM your using, what ROM version are you using (winmo 6.5 or 6.5.1) and what build are you using???
Old 11-13-2009, 03:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jsowder is a n00b

For the last few ROMs when you slide the keyboard out the Today screen goes blank except for Start Action and Menu button
Old 11-13-2009, 03:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Super EVO 4G

goldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargoldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargoldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to goldgrillshinin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsowder View Post
For the last few ROMs when you slide the keyboard out the Today screen goes blank except for Start Action and Menu button
Thats right.. Landscape only works for Pictures and Music tabs in Manila 2.5
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:52 PM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep

sorry, but my first flash since i got my tp2 today. i came from the tp family.
is there a reason that nrgz did not include nuebattery that was in tp rom? the fastcharge and flight mode capablity!

Sprint Fair and Flex 500mins - unlimited; text, data, N&W@6pm (perks) - Sprint Pick 3, Unl Incoming Mins
ROMS: Vin. Pluto. (M2.5), Mighty (M2.5), Energy (M2.5)
Old 11-13-2009, 03:59 PM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

his twitter says rhodium 23088 is up....where?

Old 11-13-2009, 04:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayonesa View Post
his twitter says rhodium 23088 is up....where?
yeah. i saw that too. i can't find it either. is it for a different phone maybe?
Old 11-13-2009, 04:09 PM
What did you say?

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

it says rhodium
Old 11-13-2009, 04:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

thongaxp is keeping up the good workthongaxp is keeping up the good workthongaxp is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by twe90kid View Post
sorry, but my first flash since i got my tp2 today. i came from the tp family.
is there a reason that nrgz did not include nuebattery that was in tp rom? the fastcharge and flight mode capablity!
Yea, I don't believe nuebattery works with windows 6.5. When I tried to install it I didn't notice it working on my taskbar. I was not getting 1% increments. I didn't run the fast charger on it, wasn't going to risk it damaging my battery if one aspect of the application wasn't clearly working for me.

Welcome to the age of information where all info is readily and freely available. Gratitude is also free; so if I or anyone else has helped you on this board, don't forget to hit the “Thanks” button!
Old 11-13-2009, 04:43 PM
What did you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thongaxp View Post
Yea, I don't believe nuebattery works with windows 6.5. When I tried to install it I didn't notice it working on my taskbar. I was not getting 1% increments. I didn't run the fast charger on it, wasn't going to risk it damaging my battery if one aspect of the application wasn't clearly working for me.

works fine for me..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development