PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 07:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511
Re: |CR|6.5.1|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (23081/21864) ★ |Oct 25| ★ Latest Manila 2.5

when you disable manila messaging your threaded texts go away
Old 11-03-2009, 07:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

ahawke01 is keeping up the good workahawke01 is keeping up the good work
Re: |CR|6.5.1|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (23081/21864) ★ |Oct 25| ★ Latest Manila 2.5

WoW!!! This ROM is good looking. The only thing I dont like is that it does not go into a side view when I slide out my keyboard. If it did that and ran as it does when my TP2 is closed it would be great.

Great job and thanks for all your hard work and keep it up!!!

Old 11-03-2009, 07:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

Likwid is keeping up the good workLikwid is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezoris View Post
I had a ton of problems with the 11/02 release it was horrible even after re-install. Tried the 10/25 release and it is much better in terms of speed and functionality.
I've been on an October build... been good to be so far!
Old 11-03-2009, 07:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2!

pastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
soft reset?????? its happened to me before and that fixed it.....

lol thanks for the suggestion but I tried that.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Boushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boushh Send a message via MSN to Boushh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastert33 View Post
lol thanks for the suggestion but I tried that.
the last person that had this problem went into email and hit "mark all as read" and did the same for the SMS's. He said that fixed his problem. Good luck.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: T-Mobile

ace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Changes in 11/3 - Slider Icon Overlays fixed, and Google Maps should work again. That's what NRG said.
Changes from 10/25 to 11/2
New theme (clock, slider, etc), and Opera Mobile 9.7 has been added in addition to the existing Opera Mobile 9.5. Lockscreen was fixed too. MMS works, if you do the fix from the FAQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by finman76 View Post
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I have 2 issues with this ROM. One is the Other Settings page shows just a blank white page. The second is that launching Google Maps gives an error and never starts. Other than that, this is definitely my favorite!
Other Settings in Manila is a Known Bug. HTC has to fix it. You can see it as a known bug on the ROM's Page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Forgive the post from a lowly TPer but just had to say:

+1 on No mirrors-makes the Chef angry and you wouldn't like him when he's angry.

Absolutely LOL'd at the Dude who wasn't going to read through "all 68 pages" Try 1500 pages and counting in my neighborhood Bro.

But most importantly just wanted to give a big =D> to ace10134 VERY nice work Bro. Just lurked through the last 60 pages or so and you are kickin arse. Wow.

Looks like another great PPCG thread, no worries about getting up and running when I get my TP2. OK back to VGA land I go.....
Hah, nice to hear from you bro, sounds like you help out the VGA threads probably. It's nice to hear from someone like that, I remember when I went to the Touch HD forum briefly, and saw someone maintaining it really nicely too. It's awesome how powerful our community is

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohenebajoy View Post
Nice rom Energy.
Anybody have a transparent clock or the the clock for the first rom?
also anybody have TP2 S2U2? and is ther any way i can change the background of the rom or all that tabs?
thanks Energy and everyone
NRG will make a stock clock CAB sometime. Just be patient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SundayDuffer View Post
Although i really enjoyed Leo, but unfortunately it is too buggy for my needs. I am now flashed with CFay's rom. It's not as eye candy as Leo, but it is by far very stable. Landscape in home screen works well. MMS works without any work-around tweaks. I will wait for the next Leo update to try it again.
If you used the Stable, solid, Photon Version of the EnergyROM, then everything would work just as well. It was your choice to flash the beta version of the EnergyROM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saidin69 View Post
Anyone have the problem of not being able to send text to an email address?? I get an error. My fiance sends to me at my @vtext.com address from verizon from her gmail and I cannot send back. I have always been able to. The MMS thing doesn't fix that. Think there's a way around it?

SMS Error: Cause Code 97

*Edit* I'm running the 10/25 build for clarification with MMS fix installed.
Well MMS doesn't even work on the 10/25 version, even with the fix, I'm quite sure. You need the newer ROM to get MMS working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyhernz View Post
anybody see the double number on the calendar tab when you are in calendar?
Slider Icon Glitch - That has been fixed in the 11/3 ROM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducylowycz View Post
I do...Sprint here...it almost looks like it was double minted (like on a coin) thanks for pointing it out. I wouldn't have noticed it otherwise now I'm going to stare at it like a MMMOOOLLLEEEE on someones face.
I have a mole on my face LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyhernz View Post
want to revert to 10/25 build but cant find the dload anywhere....
also when youre in sms there is no button to close out.....
not complianing just pointing things out!...
keep up he awesome work NRG!....
Just use your physical Back or OK button on the phone's hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidetkin511 View Post
is the rom with the lock screen out yet?
Yes, the new 11/3 ROM has lockscreen, along with the second 11/2 version.

Quote:
Hmmm I even installed the Verizon specific MMS fix but it actually wont send either. But no error code. Just says failed to send.
Did you do everything in the FAQ? Disabled Manila Messaging?
MMS Fix
  1. First, you must Disable Manila Messaging.
  2. Then, just install the correct MMS fix:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Melo View Post
Hey guys flashed the rom yesterday love it so far by the way the only problems I am having with the rom is when I am sending a text message it says the wrong time for example if its 1:00pm it will say 1:00am I checked all my clock settings and they were good am I doing something wrong? And also when I am using my music tab it will play my song for 30sec and then stop if anybody has any answer this would be great and last but not least when I go back to my home screen my clock is always a hour behind and then flips and hour foward and sorry if I am asking questions that have been said. Thanks in advance
Yea, the SMS client can have time issues, like you said. HTC needs to fix that, not NRG.

Music "30-second songs" have been a scattered issue. It's probably your own music file fault's, since everyone elses works. Not much else I can say there.

And the clock is supposed to flip to the correct time, it's a feature of Manila, and has always been a feature. Ever heard of visual effects?

Quote:
BTW, when I follow your instructions it doesn't give me that choice. It just changed to an MMS for me when I attached a picture.

That is odd. Perhaps I should flash to the newer version.
You have to be on the 11/2 or 11/3 version for MMS to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweak_four17 View Post
Hey guys,
first off, great ROM! Love the new look!

Couple quick questions..

1. Is there a way to change the shortcut icons for the internet favorites? I'd like it to show the websites icon instead of the grey globe..?

2. Is there a screen off cab? Something to turn the screen off while playing music or groovefish so it doesn't kill the battery but doesnt stop the music as well..bonus points if it can be onto the end key or power key

3. MMS..this has been discussed heavily for verizon and sprint, but what about Telus? Is it even possible to mms on telus? Telus says no smartphone can do it, but obviously the ones in the US can, so are they full of it or is it a carrier issue?

4. Only "bug" I've come across so far.. when the keybaord is out and you hit FN + , it is supposed to bring up a symbols page to select the various symbols that arn't used often. Well it does, but the page displays in portrait not landscape, not a huge issue as I rarely use that function anyways and have more or less started using the touch keyboard now since it is actually functional with 6.5 over 6.1..lol

Thanks for your time
1. Once you visit the website from your Internet tab, it should replace it with a web page preview.

2. No one has ever been able to figure out how to play music with the screen off. The Touch Pro 2 broke that ability in WinMo for some reason. But just let the screen turn off naturally (after 30 sec) while playing music, and it'll continue to play with the screen off

3. Lol, probably a carrier issue, if they don't support it. If other Telus phones can send MMS though, then you can too. It's all up to the carrier.

4. You didn't do the Keyboard Fix from the FAQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relux View Post
Is there any changelog for his latest update?
See top of this post

Quote:
use a good backup program like Sprite, ya backup that rom, flash his new rom, and then restore the backup and itll put it all back the way it was in 5 min... im assuming theres not too much updated so itll work out great......... so all ya gotta do is flash and click 1 button and itll put it all back for ya
Sprite backup can cause issues too. If you get issues with the ROM, then it may be Sprite, if no one else has those issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verm View Post
ok... off on a tangent here....

just got a random incoming mms.
only got the text portion
no attachment downloaded
but an "mms" error window popped up reporting an "invalid argument" and prompts me to retry "now" or "later"

dunno if this additional infos will help in the quest for mms in manila on verizon... but i thought id share.
You needed to do the MMS fix from the FAQ first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcj63 View Post
same here. mms still now working. damn. i wish i hadn't flashed this. it's really slow for some reason.
It's slow because of the new HTC Messaging client. If you did the MMS fix from the FAQ, then your MMS would work, and it wouldn't be as slow.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2!

pastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boushh View Post
the last person that had this problem went into email and hit "mark all as read" and did the same for the SMS's. He said that fixed his problem. Good luck.
Yea I know but I don't have any E-mail set up...that can't be it, I'll figure it out
Old 11-03-2009, 07:37 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

[QUOTE=ace10134;1295330]

Sprite backup can cause issues too. If you get issues with the ROM, then it may be Sprite, if no one else has those issues

Anything can cause issues if you dont use it right, does that mean we dont use em??????? Or suggest it??????? I know sprite has been a #1 tool for me when it comes to flashing, but thanks for your opinion...................
Old 11-03-2009, 07:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon

Boushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boushh Send a message via MSN to Boushh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace10134 View Post
Slider Icon Glitch - That has been fixed in the 11/3 ROM!
I hate to say it, but the calendar slider icon is still displaced in the 11/3 ROM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastert33 View Post
Yea I know but I don't have any E-mail set up...that can't be it, I'll figure it out
He didn't either
Old 11-03-2009, 07:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker

ace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Anything can cause issues if you dont use it right, does that mean we dont use em??????? Or suggest it??????? I know sprite has been a #1 tool for me when it comes to flashing, but thanks for your opinion...................
It's just that in the past, backing up a lot of info on a new ROM where things are different can cause lots of issues. Things are different on different ROM's, so restoring all your settings like that can break stuff. That's history, not oppinion, speaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boushh View Post
I hate to say it, but the calendar slider icon is still displaced in the 11/3 ROM.

He didn't either
Well I was just saying what NRG told me

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development