PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2010, 05:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint *Boost Mobile :)*

mrjacob212 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

hi folks,

i just flashed to the latest rom: Energy.RHODIUM.21895.Sense2.5_with_MaxManila.Mar.0 9

my phone is from sprint, wow rom looks great but some minor q's...

== i added a hotmail account and now cant delete or modify, as opposed to two yahoo accounts i added after with full access, why? any fix?

== the signal bar is just a small inactive white sim icon with an x on upper left corner, however i receive calls with no issues and fast internet... any fix?

== the weather on today screen is nice, but i really wish to just see the icon without all the clouds covering the screen....

== is there a way to simply lock the phone with no password once i tap the power button? (then slide to open)

== tf3d is not as smooth as i'd hope, is there a fix for this? i understand its a memory hog, but maybe theres a fix im not aware of...

thank you very much for reading my tp2 peeps.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G 3D
Carrier: sprint

sec1rxg is becoming a great contributor
Thumbs up Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

Quote:
Originally Posted by neudof View Post
i thought I read that setting to zero forces the system to choose what is best...

NO... choosing 0 uses the phone's entire RAM avai. PP is simply an amount of allocated RAM for normal use, in essence its a limit. 0 means no limit and 1 is 1MB of RAM memory avail for use. you could choose 6 or 8 but with NGR ROM you would run your device to a crawl. 26 is a bit high somtimes depending on what apps youre runnning, allocating 26 would be like putting a twin turbo Hemi engine in grandma's tired oldsmobile, you wouldnt be able to use that much power. I like 12 or 14 PP, nice strong reliable vehicle you can always count on but still push when you have to.

I changed the PP on my most current update flash, 23544 Mar 09, its at 14MB and humming along without a miss so far, currently sitting at 66%. But of course this is just my humble opinion.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

Overproof is keeping up the good workOverproof is keeping up the good work
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

Everything is working great, except i'm pretty much stuck in 1X since i provisioned.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:11 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjacob212 View Post
hi folks,

i just flashed to the latest rom: Energy.RHODIUM.21895.Sense2.5_with_MaxManila.Mar.0 9

my phone is from sprint, wow rom looks great but some minor q's...

== i added a hotmail account and now cant delete or modify, as opposed to two yahoo accounts i added after with full access, why? any fix?

== the signal bar is just a small inactive white sim icon with an x on upper left corner, however i receive calls with no issues and fast internet... any fix?

== the weather on today screen is nice, but i really wish to just see the icon without all the clouds covering the screen....

== is there a way to simply lock the phone with no password once i tap the power button? (then slide to open)

== tf3d is not as smooth as i'd hope, is there a fix for this? i understand its a memory hog, but maybe theres a fix im not aware of...

thank you very much for reading my tp2 peeps.
Havent had the email issue or signal icon issue......Custom taskbar maybe???

Weather animation can be deactivated with MaxManilla settings, home tab, flip up right above clock to get max settings.

DeviceLock1.6 is attached to this thread. Back out and hit the paperclip beside this threads title and its in there.

TF3D is a tad laggier on Max but should still be nice and smooth. It will run smoother with weather animations killed.

Enjoy!
Old 03-10-2010, 06:25 PM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EViO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff

March 9th, 23544 Cookie Home Tab thoughts:

Speed = wow. I thought the March 5th was excitingly fast (didn't flash to 7th because of the ebook, docs, footprints, etc being included) but this seems to be just as fast. I'd like to attribute the speed to the pagepool being set to 20mb, I had my 5th at 26 and sometimes opening multiple tasks got a little slow and seemed they didn't want to close fully even through arkswitch (which I don't like). The 20mb pagepool is working out great so far and is a great balance since I've experienced not ONE temporary lock up in Sense. Since 10am @ 90% battery, it is now 2:20, wiped device twice, flashed twice, I've used texting heavily, activesync push mail, another mail account updating every hour, lots of customizing because of fresh flash, auto-backlight option being used (owe a lot to this), had ninjaducks disable services cabs installed all except twitter, browsing ppcgeeks and facebook and another site, weather every hour, used the twitter tab frequently: currently sitting at 59% battery with 45,668 K free of memory according to arkswitch. Usually my battery lasts longer after a few days of being on the ROM so this is good news to me. Sprint MMS works out of the box, only add-on is the MMS Fix 2.1.

CHT is excellent... using the "simple" animation and it is very fluid. No lock ups like I've had on the March 5th edition of Sense.

Twitter display in landscape is now messed up again both viewing recent tweets and in update mode, on the 5th edition the landscape displayed perfectly.

So far my experience on this release is EXCELLENT. Fastest 2.5 ROM I've used hands down. If you want speed, looks (I usually change the theme and taskbar so to each their own) and can bare with the essentials to keep your battery alive to the end of your day (for those of us who cannot charge all day like others) this ROM is what you want.

Last edited by xSD; 03-10-2010 at 06:27 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Mesmerize
Carrier: USCC

murducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overproof View Post
Everything is working great, except i'm pretty much stuck in 1X since i provisioned.
dial *228 press 1
Old 03-10-2010, 06:48 PM
Lurker

jetia2 is a n00b

#3 - that is not what I experienced MMS was old winmo format, so I tried installing NRG's cab for HTC messaging, but everytime I do it will not receive MMS. Anyone have luck getting HTC messaging to work on these newer roms?

Currently on 3/9 Cookie, but also had same on Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliens50 View Post
My "Carrier Provisioning" test results with Verizon on the March 9th 23544 cookie build (no registry or menu settings were changed. Only the "Verizon" option in the carrier provision app was applied). And before it's asked again, the "Carrier Provisioning" app is found in the tools folder of your windows menu:
  1. Changed the EV icon to 3G
  2. Can send MMS fine, with correct 1.2mb size limit listed
  3. Can receive MMS pictures sent to myself just fine (opens in HTC messaging, awesome!)
  4. If I want to send an MMS picture, I have to attach an already taken photo - I cannot launch the camera once in the "insert picture" screen (whatever it's called), only choose a picture.
  5. If I take a picture from the camera application and choose to send it via MMS, it inserts fine from there.
  6. I installed a verizon keyboard fix before I started testing the carrier provisioning, so I don't know if that was included or not.

Other observations:
  1. So far, free memory looks great
  2. Zippy, responsive rom
  3. Syncing with Active Sync just fine (edit - I had to change one setting on my PC's active sync. "This computer is connected to:" from Automatic to The Internet)
  4. No battery drain issues yet (but I never experience this on NRGZ's roms, I think the problem is between the phone and the chair ... or perhaps in some of the addons people are installing).
I am very happy with this build so far! I haven't found anything wrong with it yet, but I just flashed my baby a little bit ago, so don't take my word for it.

THANK YOU NRGZ! Great work!
Old 03-10-2010, 06:57 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetia2 View Post
#3 - that is not what I experienced MMS was old winmo format, so I tried installing NRG's cab for HTC messaging, but everytime I do it will not receive MMS. Anyone have luck getting HTC messaging to work on these newer roms?

Currently on 3/9 Cookie, but also had same on Max
+1....... call me crazy.....but this ROM may be prefect........now if I could just have HTC 2.5 messaging back and functioning.........
Old 03-10-2010, 07:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Overproof is keeping up the good workOverproof is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by murducky View Post
dial *228 press 1
Tried that and that didn't work, so i hard reset and now i can't get authenticated, so I guess I will be calling customer service.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:05 PM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EViO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whotahn View Post
+1....... call me crazy.....but this ROM may be prefect........now if I could just have HTC 2.5 messaging back and functioning.........
Blah, why do people like HTC Messaging? I can't bring myself to believe people like it for its performance because the last time I used it the performance/speed of the HTC messaging client was pissssss poor. Is it because of the looks (I do like the look) or is it actually responsive now?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development