PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2010, 02:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

chopsxxx is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [02/21/10] Juicy R10 (21892.5.0.89) [Sense UI 2.5.2012] [XDA UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ* View Post
Alas...the same for me......wish it was more stable, especially the ringtones...comeon R11
The ringer not working, corrupted ringtones issue is worked around by using wav ringtones instead of wma/mp3.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:49 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

DGMayor is a n00b

This is the first version I've used (started with R6) with no sound in Youtube. I know a lot of people talked about it in the past, but I never experienced the issue until now.

Also, Facebook albums aren't working again. R8 fixed it, but it seems like it's not working again.

Not sure if it's the dialer or what, but my phonebook pictures aren't correctly displaying when someone calls/I dial them. For example, My phonebook is synced with gmail via Activesync. The first time I synced it, it saved the picture of the people's facebook at the time. Since then it's been changed, so when I look at say my wife in my favorites or the phonebook, it's her current facebook picture. When I call her, it shows her old one from 4 months ago. R8 has this fixed as well.

I haven't had the vibration issues like others, but the vibrate has been a bit overzealous at times.

I've had sense reboot on me a few times, but no clue why. At one point the phone was just sitting on my nightstand and it soft-rebooted.

I haven't had the sleep of death issue per se, but I did have ONE instance since flashing where it wouldn't respond to the sleep button. I could press the power and it would light up and point to the sleep button like stock does to tell me it's just asleep, but it wouldn't wake up.

Just wanted to do my part and get some of the known issues out there so Juicy knows what to target!
Old 02-28-2010, 09:40 PM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopsxxx View Post
The ringer not working, corrupted ringtones issue is worked around by using wav ringtones instead of wma/mp3.

What I have found out, for me at least, is that with the removal of Max manilla, my ringtones now work again...not sure why, but they work again anyway...I do still have other sound issues, kindof hit/miss with kinoma play and you tube...but mostly R10 is back to stable...also, I have not locked up once since I removed MM, so for now, I am back to happy
Old 03-01-2010, 02:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

nofences is a n00b

I am new to custom ROMs on phones, but this is by far the cleanest, best looking ROM I have found, however it is the least stable, it crashed my phone 3-4 times a day. I was wondering if someone can link me to the R8 version so I can give it a try. I have read numerous posts and everyone seems to rave about R8, but I am not having any luck locating it. I am on a Sprint TP2, if someone has a better version that is as clean as this ROM please let me know. I have already tried Mighty ROM, Sprint Lover's ROM, Mobile Underground, and Juicy R10. I am looking for something clean and small, not a lot of extras, I can install the programs I want. Any help or advice (and a link to R would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found R8 on page 527. Downloading now. Would still appreciate any suggestions.

Last edited by nofences; 03-01-2010 at 02:40 AM. Reason: Found what I was looking for.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Dragon1587 is a n00b

??????? any news????
Old 03-01-2010, 11:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g/HTC TP 2
Carrier: Sprint

navymarvin is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to navymarvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofences View Post
I am new to custom ROMs on phones, but this is by far the cleanest, best looking ROM I have found, however it is the least stable, it crashed my phone 3-4 times a day. I was wondering if someone can link me to the R8 version so I can give it a try. I have read numerous posts and everyone seems to rave about R8, but I am not having any luck locating it. I am on a Sprint TP2, if someone has a better version that is as clean as this ROM please let me know. I have already tried Mighty ROM, Sprint Lover's ROM, Mobile Underground, and Juicy R10. I am looking for something clean and small, not a lot of extras, I can install the programs I want. Any help or advice (and a link to R would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found R8 on page 527. Downloading now. Would still appreciate any suggestions.

If i were you i would probably go to the individual roms in the CDMA TP2 Upgrades section. Not many people will tell you any specific rom because it depends on the individual and they also look at it as kinda rude to say suchandsuch rom is better than blanketyblanks rom in that persons thread. good luck.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:58 PM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP

This question is directed to Juicy's ROM A-team members or users.

Is Juicy's R8 ROM the safest (stablest,reliable) out the box ROM at the moment.?
R8 is the oldest ROM that I have save to my desktop. I also have R9,R10 but the no sound issue re: youtube I experienced first hand and thats a B-deal for me. If I overlooked a fix for sound that was posted 50-100 pgs back forgive me.

ps. I'm a supporter of Juicy's ROM, but I under the weather right now and just want to load the last masterpiece he created. But I dont have too much tweaking/modding time on my hand at the moment.

If you have a mirror for R6 or R7 please PM me.

late,
info[]box1
Old 03-02-2010, 05:04 PM
DevilbearNY

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

you say you have R8. Stick to that for the time being. It's as close to perfection as you can get. Also if you go to the themes and software forum you can add Max Sence 2.9 and the 2.9 patch will make your phone imposible to gauge. (the post is there by bignadad) a few sdd pns if really want to get fancy from santod's clocks and sliders. Good luck.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Telus

dnube is a n00b

Youtube sound now working on my Telus TP2!

Not sure what I changed as I wasn't specifically trying to fix this. Only significant changes I have made (that I recall) was to install a few applications (some games, Sirius radio app, Funambol, ximappusher, telus mobile tv, telus portal). I wonder if the telus mobile tv did something?

Now been about 12 days and still only 1 SOD. ROM is working well enough that I think I will stick with it until (if?) r11 comes along.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:25 PM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnube View Post
Youtube sound now working on my Telus TP2!

Not sure what I changed as I wasn't specifically trying to fix this. Only significant changes I have made (that I recall) was to install a few applications (some games, Sirius radio app, Funambol, ximappusher, telus mobile tv, telus portal). I wonder if the telus mobile tv did something?

Now been about 12 days and still only 1 SOD. ROM is working well enough that I think I will stick with it until (if?) r11 comes along.
If could've been the stock carrier apps ie. mobi telus tv that did the trick. Im knee deep in another ROM right now and I cant test the theory. But anyone/someone on sprint using this ROM Juicy's R10 and you're still effected by the no sound issue surrounding youtube, please install sprint tv or (some stock apps) and see if that does the trick.

good theory dnude...!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development