PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 04:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

niketom843 is keeping up the good workniketom843 is keeping up the good workniketom843 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [12/27/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R7 (21887) [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickysr View Post
I used to live in NC, how did you install the JuicyROM on your Sprint TP2? Im a noob never done this before and I need step by step instructions so I dont brick my phone
start here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93252
Old 01-08-2010, 05:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

slvrdrgn123 is becoming a great contributor

Hi Juicy,

I read on AVIC-411 that Mighty Mike is using an updated USC bluetooth stack on his 1/4/10 release that is working with Pioneer Avic F series headunits and was wondering if you are (or will be using) the same stack in your upcoming release. I'm on R7 and the bluetooth does not work for receiving calls. It only works for making calls. Some people have confirmed that MM's new ROM seems to have solved the problem. Hopefully your R8 release will be able to solve it for me too. Thanks.

Last edited by slvrdrgn123; 01-08-2010 at 01:33 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

TechnoBoy is just getting started

Anyone know when R8 releases?
Old 01-08-2010, 10:48 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoBoy View Post
Anyone know when R8 releases?
Ask Juicy..
Old 01-08-2010, 01:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

madscientistomaha is a n00b

Here's my problem with flashing a new ROM. You guys (all presumably very smart) get going on all these new updates and releases of the latest and greatest stuff from MS or HTC, and then it gets "cooked" into some new release of a ROM. This requires me to do several things:

1) Break the warranty on my very expensive phone
2) Possibly risk some new operating system will brick my phone

I usually get very excited about the latest release, but then I skip to the end of these VERY long threads, and hear the same thing: "Hey (whoever)! This doesn't work, and this doesn't work, and why can't I send text messages, and wow, it's cool, but I can't seem to take any pictures" etc...

Some of these issues seem to have been fixed in earlier releases, but may have been tweaked and then don't work again later. What do I do if I just want a nice, fully working alternative, to my stock Sprint ROM?

On my old Mogul, I could add the Manila stuff with just some cab files. No harm no foul. Just uninstall if they're not working, hard reset and away you go. I need my phone to work, and if it's not, then I'm screwed.

It just seems like there needs to be a better "testbed" or review process for this. I'm willing to wait for something if it's fully working. I've noticed this on all the cooked ROMS (Mighty Mike, Juicy, CFay, Calkulin, etc...) and I seem to have picked up on a similar sentiment from others as well. I'm about ready to just throw in the towel and wait until something official comes out from Sprint, but then I get sucked back in by some claim that "no really, this one is better!!"

Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place? Is there a better SPRINT WM 6.5 Sense 2.5 ROM that actually works on TP2 without much cabbing and registry editing?
Old 01-08-2010, 02:05 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 4G
Carrier: Telus

SmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientistomaha View Post
Here's my problem with flashing a new ROM. You guys (all presumably very smart) get going on all these new updates and releases of the latest and greatest stuff from MS or HTC, and then it gets "cooked" into some new release of a ROM. This requires me to do several things:

1) Break the warranty on my very expensive phone
2) Possibly risk some new operating system will brick my phone

I usually get very excited about the latest release, but then I skip to the end of these VERY long threads, and hear the same thing: "Hey (whoever)! This doesn't work, and this doesn't work, and why can't I send text messages, and wow, it's cool, but I can't seem to take any pictures" etc...

Some of these issues seem to have been fixed in earlier releases, but may have been tweaked and then don't work again later. What do I do if I just want a nice, fully working alternative, to my stock Sprint ROM?

On my old Mogul, I could add the Manila stuff with just some cab files. No harm no foul. Just uninstall if they're not working, hard reset and away you go. I need my phone to work, and if it's not, then I'm screwed.

It just seems like there needs to be a better "testbed" or review process for this. I'm willing to wait for something if it's fully working. I've noticed this on all the cooked ROMS (Mighty Mike, Juicy, CFay, Calkulin, etc...) and I seem to have picked up on a similar sentiment from others as well. I'm about ready to just throw in the towel and wait until something official comes out from Sprint, but then I get sucked back in by some claim that "no really, this one is better!!"

Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place? Is there a better SPRINT WM 6.5 Sense 2.5 ROM that actually works on TP2 without much cabbing and registry editing?

I know personally for me, when my phone is working 100%, I get bored and look for the next best thing.

That for me, is why i keep updating.

Who cares if it breaks the warranty. I buy a new phone every year anyway. For some people, I understand this is an issue - so, it's definitely not for everyone.

To answer your questions. go try the Silence HDFL ROM. I've been using it for a while now, and it's fantastic. If stability and functionality is what you're looking for, that is.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

madscientistomaha is a n00b

Thanks SmknJoe!

I appreciate that you listened to my plea, and provided constructive advice.

I also get bored with my phone (that's why I've already added several cabs and tweaks to make it more useful), but there is a fine line between what will get me over boredom, and what might brick (or otherwise "disable") my phone.

When I can add SpbMobile Shell, and then simply turn it off if I want to go back, it's hard to understand why go through the trouble of unlocking, flashing and all that. I think what most of us NOOB flashers are looking for are a couple simple things (that if provided via cab, would be VERY popular):

Sense UI looking homescreen with cool weather animations, twitter or facebook tab (or ability to add some tabs to TF3D), and some other minor tweaks (I've found some of these tweaks, so don't need to have a bunch of posts telling me where to find them)

Come on, I sit next to a guy with a MOTO Droid, and his cool android barcode scanner and google skymap almost had me switching last month. I want to make my phone fun too!!
Old 01-08-2010, 02:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 4G
Carrier: Telus

SmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientistomaha View Post
Thanks SmknJoe!

I appreciate that you listened to my plea, and provided constructive advice.

I also get bored with my phone (that's why I've already added several cabs and tweaks to make it more useful), but there is a fine line between what will get me over boredom, and what might brick (or otherwise "disable") my phone.

When I can add SpbMobile Shell, and then simply turn it off if I want to go back, it's hard to understand why go through the trouble of unlocking, flashing and all that. I think what most of us NOOB flashers are looking for are a couple simple things (that if provided via cab, would be VERY popular):

Sense UI looking homescreen with cool weather animations, twitter or facebook tab (or ability to add some tabs to TF3D), and some other minor tweaks (I've found some of these tweaks, so don't need to have a bunch of posts telling me where to find them)

Come on, I sit next to a guy with a MOTO Droid, and his cool android barcode scanner and google skymap almost had me switching last month. I want to make my phone fun too!!

Depends on what you want out of your phone. Do you want it to do a few things really well, and function properly as a phone... Or do you want a video game that may sometimes be used to talk/text?..

I dont think the ability or choice to flash is so much to improve the device, but to do it just because we can.... If you want all the bells and whistles, then you should switch to a phone that comes pre-loaded with them (ie, iPhone, droid, etc...)...

The TP2, and phones alike come pretty basic. Service Providers fill them with bloatware that's appealing to some consumers (TV, Nav, etc...) but nothing that can't be loaded yourself and used via your data service....

I think for anyone that wants games, and "cool" apps shouldnt have this phone.... Anyone who wants to tinker and play with a cool windows mobile device, and have fun with custom roms... This is the right device (for now!)
Old 01-08-2010, 03:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

mlarma is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmknJoe View Post
I know personally for me, when my phone is working 100%, I get bored and look for the next best thing.

That for me, is why i keep updating.

Who cares if it breaks the warranty. I buy a new phone every year anyway. For some people, I understand this is an issue - so, it's definitely not for everyone.

To answer your questions. go try the Silence HDFL ROM. I've been using it for a while now, and it's fantastic. If stability and functionality is what you're looking for, that is.
Me, too... I'm satisfied but always craving more.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

steveholtam is keeping up the good worksteveholtam is keeping up the good work

Your main concerns almost never happen. Voiding your warranty is about a non-issue. The store techs can not be that smart. If your really concerned, microwave your phone before brining it in for your warranty work. The same thing goes for bricking. I have not seen a bricked phone in a long time around these parts. And if yours is the 1 out of a 1,000,000 that does brick, microwave and return it.

If you have the warranty, you can always have it die, then exchange it. I have never seen anyone do the above, but we are not doing anything that the phone is not designed to do. These phones are designed to be flashed.

So take advantage of what your phone can do. My juiced up Juciy rom, with a bunch of other add-ons looks very cool. And is unique to me. When people see the dual animation, weather and multi-colored circles raining down, they have no idea what phone I have, just that there iphone or droid does not do that.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development