View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 02:42 PM
SmknJoe
Almost a VIP

SmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [12/27/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R7 (21887) [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientistomaha View Post
Thanks SmknJoe!

I appreciate that you listened to my plea, and provided constructive advice.

I also get bored with my phone (that's why I've already added several cabs and tweaks to make it more useful), but there is a fine line between what will get me over boredom, and what might brick (or otherwise "disable") my phone.

When I can add SpbMobile Shell, and then simply turn it off if I want to go back, it's hard to understand why go through the trouble of unlocking, flashing and all that. I think what most of us NOOB flashers are looking for are a couple simple things (that if provided via cab, would be VERY popular):

Sense UI looking homescreen with cool weather animations, twitter or facebook tab (or ability to add some tabs to TF3D), and some other minor tweaks (I've found some of these tweaks, so don't need to have a bunch of posts telling me where to find them)

Come on, I sit next to a guy with a MOTO Droid, and his cool android barcode scanner and google skymap almost had me switching last month. I want to make my phone fun too!!

Depends on what you want out of your phone. Do you want it to do a few things really well, and function properly as a phone... Or do you want a video game that may sometimes be used to talk/text?..

I dont think the ability or choice to flash is so much to improve the device, but to do it just because we can.... If you want all the bells and whistles, then you should switch to a phone that comes pre-loaded with them (ie, iPhone, droid, etc...)...

The TP2, and phones alike come pretty basic. Service Providers fill them with bloatware that's appealing to some consumers (TV, Nav, etc...) but nothing that can't be loaded yourself and used via your data service....

I think for anyone that wants games, and "cool" apps shouldnt have this phone.... Anyone who wants to tinker and play with a cool windows mobile device, and have fun with custom roms... This is the right device (for now!)