PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2009, 03:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [11/23/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R4 (21876) [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

MMS Update, never did the debugging when playing in the past, so now that I am. I wasn't getting any IP or Port info before. But one thing that definitely did matter is I do get those fields populated when I renamed things from GSM to CDMA. So that does look like a must.

IP Address:[63.215.195.152]
Port:80
Connection Mode:4

I haven't gotten the message back so don't know/doubt it worked but at least it changed the log. But past day or so Sprint has been slow so gonna give it a bit heh.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:40 PM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientific View Post
Are you able to change your wallpaper? I couldn't after installing that cab...

Just checked it...both animated and weather works for me...
Old 11-25-2009, 04:04 PM
GTX Team Member
Pocket PC: Epic! (Evo and TP2 on standby)

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ* View Post
Just checked it...both animated and weather works for me...
Strange...I change it to animated, it works fine...change it to one of the weather wallpapers I want, it changes for a second, then fades back to the default wallpaper. Oh well, not a big deal...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ⒽⓉⒸ ⓉⓅ₂

ChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
that what im not understanding. i think it more not understanding on the computer side. i dont know if it matters im on xp home but when i start wifi router on my phone then go to network connections i dont see my pro2? all i see is a local area connection.

how can i set up my xp to see my pro2 wifi? is there sumwhere i can read to setting up my computer network connections, im @ a loss, i have no idea how to set it up
thanks agian
Ahh, XP Home is likely to blame. It probably doesn't support the type of networking the TP2 is using (a form of peer-to-peer networking). Just to be sure, do you have SP2/3 installed?

If I helped you, please remember to press thanks!
Old 11-25-2009, 04:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ⒽⓉⒸ ⓉⓅ₂

ChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflynt View Post
Ok, what tells it to use SprintPCS? I will rename it to see, and change it back to 80. I have turned on logging as well and see the same thing, No IP or Port used. Will see if that makes any difference.

Does anyone know truly what the User Agent stuff does, that of course is all diff from the Arcsoft entries. Didn't know if it had any bearing on how it knew to send out or not.
Quote:
On the MMS note, don't remember if it was on R3 or R2, out of the box after provisioning the MMS seemed to send and tell you it worked when it didn't. And the notification was actually showing you the percentile of it sending. So wondering if with modifications it would have worked. I noticed with R4 it doesn't give that. Any ideas on that front?
Add "- CDMA" to the MsgFlags section CDMA key.

I also had the same experience with the percentage and success message. This proves it can connect successfully to the MMS server and upload. Problem is, I think the headers needed to tell the server what to do are missing.

Interesting note, yesterday I was reading my monthly bill and I noticed charges for messaging at $0.20 each on there. Confused, I called Sprint and asked, "I have unlimited data and unlimited messaging, so explain to me how I am being charged for MMS?" Turns out, MMS was disabled on my account (even though I can receive fine), which they fixed. So I cannot eliminate the possibility that this caused my delivery failures, of course it wouldn't affect yours. Unfortunately now that I flashed to R4 I don't have the settings I was using at the time.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Mr_Sinister is just getting started

Hey folks. I was using Mighty's Rom, thought I'd give juicy a try. Using Mighty's Rom, Voice Command worked well. With Juicy, incoming messages are not being read via bluetooth. Anybody have Voice Command working well with Juicy?

Thanks!!
Old 11-25-2009, 04:26 PM
VIP Member

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCicc View Post
Add "- CDMA" to the MsgFlags section CDMA key.

I also had the same experience with the percentage and success message. This proves it can connect successfully to the MMS server and upload. Problem is, I think the headers needed to tell the server what to do are missing.
I had read about that -CDMA stuff but that was for those that had it working and it was putting that on the message, they removed it to get it to go away.

As far as sending. The ONLY way I get it to send is putting the IP in the settings and renaming the GSM to CDMA stuff. And it says it goes but dunno where it goes heh. I don't see it in my sent items on my picture mail account.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Fittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuff

Quote:
I had read about that -CDMA stuff but that was for those that had it working and it was putting that on the message, they removed it to get it to go away.

As far as sending. The ONLY way I get it to send is putting the IP in the settings and renaming the GSM to CDMA stuff. And it says it goes but dunno where it goes heh. I don't see it in my sent items on my picture mail account.
Did you try sending the message to yourself? If it works. you should receive the same message that you send..
Old 11-25-2009, 04:30 PM
VIP Member

Interesting, I changed under NETWORK - MMSPreferredNetwork to 0 instead of 1. When I go to send it pops up asking who to send through has a C - NO OPERATOR and a G - NO OPERATOR. Wonder if it is missing that data someplace. Just gotta find out where.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:35 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fittske View Post
Did you try sending the message to yourself? If it works. you should receive the same message that you send..

Ya, that's how I have been testing since I don't have 2 phones on me heh.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development