PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2009, 02:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [11/23/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R4 (21876) [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranemachine View Post
Not sure what was up with my cab file, but I installed yours, soft reset and BAM! IT WORKED!!! You have been thanked good sir!
Wasn't my CAB I just gave ya the link of what someone else had already posted. Glad it worked out for ya. Still don't understand why yours was setup that way, it should have been disabled by default. Glad to hear.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

busbeepbeep is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimoss View Post
is anyone able to get the Groovefish music program to work on Juicy R4. checking the debug log is says to install net 3.5 messages.EN.cab but when i checked this ROM has the latest net framework, what could the issue be?
works for me. what kind of error are you getting?
Old 11-25-2009, 02:43 PM
VIP Member

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
Jataayu>>Messaging>>MMS>>Profile>>

there appears only a key for GSM...looking deeper in the tree...all the settings are there when you adjust your server settings FROM THE HTC MESSAGING APP.

is the CDMA settings completely missing from Jataayu??
can a whole set of regentries be added to enable MMS out of this messaging app??
It actually populates once you do an attempt, it seems to get the info from the Jataayu - MMS - Profile section. And even though it says GSM seems to work, but that is one of the things I have done is rename them to CDMA. And it still populates. So not sure, but ya there is no CDMA profiling in there, but that is all a name, as long as the rest works.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:44 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCicc View Post
The 8008 is actually a typo from whomever first started creating the MMS settings for the cooks, it's in a few ROMs. The real TMobile MMS port is 8080. For sprint, the port is 80, so PredefinedPort should read SprintPCS=80.

I had a hunch about the default network selection as well, it's a good place to look.
Ok, what tells it to use SprintPCS? I will rename it to see, and change it back to 80. I have turned on logging as well and see the same thing, No IP or Port used. Will see if that makes any difference.

Does anyone know truly what the User Agent stuff does, that of course is all diff from the Arcsoft entries. Didn't know if it had any bearing on how it knew to send out or not.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:56 PM
VIP Member

On the MMS note, don't remember if it was on R3 or R2, out of the box after provisioning the MMS seemed to send and tell you it worked when it didn't. And the notification was actually showing you the percentile of it sending. So wondering if with modifications it would have worked. I noticed with R4 it doesn't give that. Any ideas on that front?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:01 PM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivwonka View Post
It appears MaxManila does work on R4:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=98475

I can confirm that the "Vovichek_Jamrecords_20shcut_m2525" cab (20 apps on home screen) works...I am happy
Old 11-25-2009, 03:04 PM
GTX Team Member
Pocket PC: Epic! (Evo and TP2 on standby)

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ* View Post
I can confirm that the "Vovichek_Jamrecords_20shcut_m2525" cab (20 apps on home screen) works...I am happy
Are you able to change your wallpaper? I couldn't after installing that cab...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:18 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
I use both, they both work great. To use the WiFi Router, simply open it up, and keep the default settings unless you choose a new network name (SSID) or wep passcode. activate it, then on your windows computer search for the network you just created (the default is "Touch Pro2" i think) and connect using the passcode. That's all there is to it!
that what im not understanding. i think it more not understanding on the computer side. i dont know if it matters im on xp home but when i start wifi router on my phone then go to network connections i dont see my pro2? all i see is a local area connection.

how can i set up my xp to see my pro2 wifi? is there sumwhere i can read to setting up my computer network connections, im @ a loss, i have no idea how to set it up
thanks agian
Old 11-25-2009, 03:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

a_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good work

Unless policies have changed, you want to be careful if you are expecting to use Sprint as your full time internet connection for your PC...you'll burn a lot more data surfing on the PC than on a handheld generally speaking, and you could theoretically get hit for over usage and/or have your data plan blocked... if you use wifi like I do, for occasional tethering when traveling to check email, read news, etc, you'll have no issues... if you are watching a lot of video, downloading music, etc, be careful...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
ok so i believe i help others when i can but now i would really appreciate any help anyone can give me or a direction to go. thanks ahead of time

im new to wifi (my last htc, vogue, didnt support) so i have no idea how to use it or most importantly the wifi router. i also dont know how to set it up to my computer.
-if i have an unlimited data plan, why would i use wifi?
im trying to use the wifi router on my phone to connect to my computer to give it internet access. is that how it works? if so how an if not whats it used for?
-isnt phone to modem supposed to say give the computer internet access using your phones data?
i cant figure out how to do this either

ok this is what i have and what im trying to do: i have sprint, unlimited everything. my computer is a windows xp home edition. i want to use my phones data to access internet on my computer. which should i use phone/modem or wifi rounter? and the most important question is how do i do this??? i cant figure out how to set phone as modem, or set up a network/enable wifi on my xp home.
thanks agian for any help

juicy, if you rather me post this else where, i will. i just didnt know where to start an i figured i have R4, so its semi related.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Fittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuff

Quote:
I looked...2.1 doesn't tell you much as it didn't have a built in MMS application.
Good point. I didn't think about that. It does allow you to view but not send from the 2.1 HTC messaging app.

Last edited by Fittske; 11-25-2009 at 03:30 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development