View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 03:23 PM
a_c_s
Regular 'Geeker

a_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [11/23/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R4 (21876) [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

Unless policies have changed, you want to be careful if you are expecting to use Sprint as your full time internet connection for your PC...you'll burn a lot more data surfing on the PC than on a handheld generally speaking, and you could theoretically get hit for over usage and/or have your data plan blocked... if you use wifi like I do, for occasional tethering when traveling to check email, read news, etc, you'll have no issues... if you are watching a lot of video, downloading music, etc, be careful...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
ok so i believe i help others when i can but now i would really appreciate any help anyone can give me or a direction to go. thanks ahead of time

im new to wifi (my last htc, vogue, didnt support) so i have no idea how to use it or most importantly the wifi router. i also dont know how to set it up to my computer.
-if i have an unlimited data plan, why would i use wifi?
im trying to use the wifi router on my phone to connect to my computer to give it internet access. is that how it works? if so how an if not whats it used for?
-isnt phone to modem supposed to say give the computer internet access using your phones data?
i cant figure out how to do this either

ok this is what i have and what im trying to do: i have sprint, unlimited everything. my computer is a windows xp home edition. i want to use my phones data to access internet on my computer. which should i use phone/modem or wifi rounter? and the most important question is how do i do this??? i cant figure out how to set phone as modem, or set up a network/enable wifi on my xp home.
thanks agian for any help

juicy, if you rather me post this else where, i will. i just didnt know where to start an i figured i have R4, so its semi related.