PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2009, 10:48 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

353Entertainment is keeping up the good work353Entertainment is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [11/23/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R4 (21876) [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjman View Post
AWESOME ROM Juicy! I just flashed from R2. SMS/MMS is not a big deal 4 me. i use it mostly as a phone, and to send texts here and there. it is fast, and I loaded my usuals, nothing fancy, like lumos, coreplayer, trapster, sprint nav, adv config. since max manilla is not supported, after tediously (like hours and hours) looking through all of the "goodies" maxmanilla brings to me, the only thing i cannot seem to come across that i liked (which I have not found and installed) is

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1156

looks like i need maxTTM to get this in-and i certainly do not want to load anything xtra, if at all possible, and since others here figured out from the xda link how to get the 16/20 programs going, which is the other feature besides the different clocks i liked and have found and installed, can someone help me out and tell me how to get these tabs into my home screen like i had before i flashed to R4?

thanks...I LOVE this forum! sheesh, going to have to update my sig!

MaxManilla 2.5 does work, and it actually appears to work faster...lol
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:17 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotspace View Post
What two cabs??

I don't mind the extra steps. I am lazy...I just want to be able to receive the MMS's I hardly ever send them . But it's those stupid fwd's I want to see. I know we all get them. Kind of like SPAM...I want my SPAM. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by cflynt View Post
I think what he refers to is after getting it working the workarounds of having to goto the inbox, swipe and click new etc. Instead of being able to do it natively.
I'm not sure what you consider natively, but here is what I have to do to send an mms:

-From Text Messages Tab in Sense 2.5
-Hit menu softkey
-Hit new
-Hit menu softkey again, Insert > Picture/Video

And thats it. Thats what I remember having to do from regular manilla. Or I can:

-From All messages screen
-Menu softkey > New > MMS

And thats it.... Are you guys having to do other things? Attached are the exact two cabs I installed to get mms working to send and receive, no extra steps or reg edits required.

I am running Juicy R3... I'm not going to upgrade to R4 yet, I have no reason to so far. Everything is working perfect. Remember my exact setup also worked on NRG's Leo ROM (6.5.3) and Mighty's ROM (my wife's TP2). Again:

-install disable htc messaging, then mms fix, then soft reset

-Dave

Last edited by slopokdave; 11-25-2009 at 11:32 AM.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ⒽⓉⒸ ⓉⓅ₂

ChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fittske View Post
Hey 8notime... I am watching your progress on this I noticed the same thing when a worked with R3. Its like the HTC messaging app is "disconnected". It doesn’t trigger the phone like the native WM does. I got this far and didn't know where else to look. If you have the time, I would say take a look at how the manila 2.1 HTC messaging app works with the phone. The registry keys associated with getting it to work may be the key to getting the 2.5 HTC messaging client to work properly.
I looked...2.1 doesn't tell you much as it didn't have a built in MMS application.

If I helped you, please remember to press thanks!
Old 11-25-2009, 11:35 AM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slopokdave View Post
I'm not sure what you consider natively, but here is what I have to do to send an mms:

-From Text Messages Tab in Sense 2.5
-Hit menu softkey
-Hit new
-Hit menu softkey again, Insert > Picture/Video

And thats it. Thats what I remember having to do from regular manilla. Or I can:

-From All messages screen
-Menu softkey > New > MMS

And thats it.... Are you guys having to do other things? Attached are the exact two cabs I installed to get mms working to send and receive, no extra steps or reg edits required.

I am running Juicy R3... I'm not going to upgrade to R4 yet, I have no reason to so far. Everything is working perfect. Remember my exact setup also worked on NRG's Leo ROM (6.5.3) and Mighty's ROM (my wife's TP2). Again:

-install disable htc messaging, then mms fix, then soft reset

-Dave
do you see WM messaging client?? OR does it stay IN HTC's messaging client. That is the issue we are up against, and trying to make TF3D's messaging client to send out and deliver MMS properly. Think you have an "older" fix for the mms issue...which that second cab turns off HTC's messaging app entirely.

Old 11-25-2009, 11:40 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
do you see WM messaging client?? OR does it stay IN HTC's messaging client. That is the issue we are up against, and trying to make TF3D's messaging client to send out and deliver MMS properly. Think you have an "older" fix for the mms issue...which that second cab turns off HTC's messaging app entirely.
I understand the difference between the two. I am disabling manilla messaging..... It slows it down too much and I haven't gotten it to work, period.

Darren (+others) were having difficult getting even the WM messaging client to send MMS.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:45 AM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCicc View Post
I looked...2.1 doesn't tell you much as it didn't have a built in MMS application.
probably looked at already...but...

HKLM>>SOFTWARE>>Jataayu>>Messaging>>Predefined Port

the key says T-Mobile MMS

do we change value to 8080 instead of the 8008 in there??
Old 11-25-2009, 11:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
probably looked at already...but...

HKLM>>SOFTWARE>>Jataayu>>Messaging>>Predefined Port

the key says T-Mobile MMS

do we change value to 8080 instead of the 8008 in there??
I have tried 80 and 8008, doesn't seem to matter, have not tried 8080 I must say, but not sure what port they are referring to, if it is the mms port or what.

I have a feeling it has something to do with the DefaultNetwork Selection. Will probably play more this weekend, on call this week heh so making sure that I don't interfere with alarms heh but I get them via email too heh.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

fryjr82 is keeping up the good workfryjr82 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrimage View Post
same problem with youtube sometimes i hear sound some time i dont when i soft reset and sometimes when you click on youtbe it open and close, any what else with this problem?
I believe in R2 I had a sound problem but a soft reset fixed it. I never had a sound problem since until R4. I soft reset it 4 times and no sound.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

is anyone able to get the Groovefish music program to work on Juicy R4. checking the debug log is says to install net 3.5 messages.EN.cab but when i checked this ROM has the latest net framework, what could the issue be?
Old 11-25-2009, 12:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

acleansc4 is a n00b

I'm having the biggest lagging issue, after flashing & hard resetting, and setting up mail/google sync it's sits on the "loading htc sense" screen...

Doing another flash as we speak...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development