PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2009, 04:36 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

amjman is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [11/23/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R4 (21876) [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

AWESOME ROM Juicy! I just flashed from R2. SMS/MMS is not a big deal 4 me. i use it mostly as a phone, and to send texts here and there. it is fast, and I loaded my usuals, nothing fancy, like lumos, coreplayer, trapster, sprint nav, adv config. since max manilla is not supported, after tediously (like hours and hours) looking through all of the "goodies" maxmanilla brings to me, the only thing i cannot seem to come across that i liked (which I have not found and installed) is

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1156

looks like i need maxTTM to get this in-and i certainly do not want to load anything xtra, if at all possible, and since others here figured out from the xda link how to get the 16/20 programs going, which is the other feature besides the different clocks i liked and have found and installed, can someone help me out and tell me how to get these tabs into my home screen like i had before i flashed to R4?

thanks...I LOVE this forum! sheesh, going to have to update my sig!
Old 11-25-2009, 04:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good work

It appears MaxManila does work on R4:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=98475
Old 11-25-2009, 08:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: SPRINT

ebuechler3 is keeping up the good workebuechler3 is keeping up the good work

this is a 6.5.1 rom? or 2.5/leo? im confused.. this is gonna be my first tp2 rom and i like the changing weather, and program tab on home screen! is that a part of r4?
Old 11-25-2009, 08:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

Cranemachine is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to Cranemachine Send a message via Skype™ to Cranemachine

ON this R4 version I still get the "SMS MESSAGE SENT" Box. I tried the VZW disable sms sent, but it didnt work on this version for some reason. Does anyone have a cab that works for R4 to get rid of this annoying box?

THANKS AS ALWAYS!!!
Old 11-25-2009, 08:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP

patel33 is a n00b

i dont know if this an issue or was purposely built in, but when i was listening to music and turned my phone upside down, volume was muted... any ideas how to disable that?
Old 11-25-2009, 09:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebuechler3 View Post
this is a 6.5.1 rom? or 2.5/leo? im confused.. this is gonna be my first tp2 rom and i like the changing weather, and program tab on home screen! is that a part of r4?

Keep in mind when referring to 6.5.x you are referring to Windows Mobile, this rom runs 6.5.0. And when you refer to 2.x you refer to TF3d, which this is 2.5 aka Leo. When talking bout the changing weather that is part of SenseUI, which this has, but so do many of the 2.1 ROMS. And if you want a Program Tab on the home screen that is part of a 2.0 or 2.1 ROM. 2.5 does not have that. Instead you have quicklinks on the main page.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranemachine View Post
ON this R4 version I still get the "SMS MESSAGE SENT" Box. I tried the VZW disable sms sent, but it didnt work on this version for some reason. Does anyone have a cab that works for R4 to get rid of this annoying box?

THANKS AS ALWAYS!!!
Not sure why you get that, pretty sure that is disabled by default. But regardless, here is a CAB posted from the Tips and Tricks section of the TP2 forum.

ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Touch Pro 2/Users/Tobeychris/Cabs/Disable SMS Sent Notification.cab
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflynt View Post
if you want a Program Tab on the home screen that is part of a 2.0 or 2.1 ROM. 2.5 does not have that. Instead you have quicklinks on the main page.
I kinda figured the quick links where what he was talking about as 2.1 (like Mighty ROM) doesn't really have programs on the home screen......(just call history & calendar)

~John
Old 11-25-2009, 10:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

dmusic2 is a n00b

One last question, since it does connect on a computer to computer network, how do I set it up to get online from there? What network settings do I use?
Old 11-25-2009, 10:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Fittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
I set HKLM\SOFTWARE\Jataayu\MMS\SP\logging = 1 and then did a soft reset. My log files showed that it was trying to send to a blank address and port #.

I agree with everything you are saying but I think it's important to note that this program is not interacting with the network at all. In other words, if you turn off your data connection via comm manager (no data arrows at all at this point), and then try to send an MMS via this program you will notice the network connection doesn't get triggered. So even with the correct header settings and all that stuff, it still isn't working because it never actually sends any data over the network.
Hey 8notime... I am watching your progress on this I noticed the same thing when a worked with R3. Its like the HTC messaging app is "disconnected". It doesn’t trigger the phone like the native WM does. I got this far and didn't know where else to look. If you have the time, I would say take a look at how the manila 2.1 HTC messaging app works with the phone. The registry keys associated with getting it to work may be the key to getting the 2.5 HTC messaging client to work properly.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development