PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 10:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Solipsist is keeping up the good workSolipsist is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [15/11/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R3 [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I don't believe ANYBODY has gotten this ROM using Verizon to SEND an MMS.

If you have, please post how you did it.

I have been trying to figure this out for two days. Every morning, I have had to flash back to Mighty & restore an SPB backup so I can use MMS.

~John
I got WM MMS working on Verizon.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...25#post1335425
I tested sending to different people who are on different carriers and receiving from them as well.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solipsist View Post
I got WM MMS working on Verizon.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...25#post1335425
I tested sending to different people who are on different carriers and receiving from them as well.
I followed your post to a T two days ago & it definitely did not work for me, it attempts to send three times (& looks like it's successful) but it never actually sends the pic/video.

I will try again, I just flashed this again & have made no changes yet.

~John
Old 11-17-2009, 10:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

junks2010 is a n00b

Hi guys/gals,

Just to confirm, this ROM will not have any problem with tethering undetected right?
I read the other thread, and it seems to affect only Telus users.
I am with Sprint, and I do tether sometimes. I launch Internet Sharing by running IntShr.exe from Windows folder.
Thank you.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
I followed your post to a T two days ago & it definitely did not work for me, it attempts to send three times (& looks like it's successful) but it never actually sends the pic/video.

I will try again, I just flashed this again & have made no changes yet.

~John
I can't think of anything else that I could have done that would change anything. I did the Verizon provisioning by Juicy. I also noticed that adding the login credentials to "Verizon Wireless" in the Manage Existing Connections doesn't even save the credentials. You can put them in and click Finish but if you go back into it, the fields are empty again. This is not true for the CDMA1X connection - this one does save the credentials. Otherwise, to send an MMS, I go to the email tab, open the Inbox, swipe left to right to get to the WM MMS app and I click Menu | New | MMS. I choose a recipient from my contacts (I made sure, in my case, to use nicely formatted contacts with no prefixes - just areacode and number, I think I even removed dashes for trial purposes, lol). I added a subject and a small pic from my SD card and clicked Send. That's it.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP Deuce
Carrier: Sprint

DirkDiggler is becoming a great contributor

Anyone have an idea why my volume buttons don't work? I try to set it to silent or vibrate and it just freezes up my phone...very frustrating!

Oh, and what's with the HTC icons regenerating themselves in the start menu? The HTC People, calendar, footprints, music and twitter icons recreate themselves even after I move them to a folder in the start menu...

Last edited by DirkDiggler; 11-17-2009 at 10:42 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solipsist View Post
I can't think of anything else that I could have done that would change anything. I did the Verizon provisioning by Juicy. I also noticed that adding the login credentials to "Verizon Wireless" in the Manage Existing Connections doesn't even save the credentials. You can put them in and click Finish but if you go back into it, the fields are empty again. This is not true for the CDMA1X connection - this one does save the credentials. Otherwise, to send an MMS, I go to the email tab, open the Inbox, swipe left to right to get to the WM MMS app and I click Menu | New | MMS. I choose a recipient from my contacts (I made sure, in my case, to use nicely formatted contacts with no prefixes - just areacode and number, I think I even removed dashes for trial purposes, lol). I added a subject and a small pic from my SD card and clicked Send. That's it.
Well, I'm stumped. I just did exactly what you posted again on a fresh ROM flash & once again it tried three times, looked like it was sending but never actually sent the message.

I noticed when you first posted this that someone else said the exact same thing happened to them so I can't figure out why you seem to be the only one it works for........

~John
Old 11-17-2009, 11:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Well, I'm stumped. I just did exactly what you posted again on a fresh ROM flash & once again it tried three times, looked like it was sending but never actually sent the message.

I noticed when you first posted this that someone else said the exact same thing happened to them so I can't figure out why you seem to be the only one it works for........

~John
The settings in my post were quoted from "marketingdesigner" who says he is using MMS on VZW as well. Not sure why we are lucky ones. Wish I could be of more help.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW TP2
Carrier: vzw

validoption is keeping up the good workvalidoption is keeping up the good work

Quote:

~John
I just followed the directions and it worked.
I changed the settings in HTC's MMS, then I added the reg string to the WspHeader (previous directions from other sources had me adding this string to WspHeader2), soft reset, and voila--can send MMS through winmo client as well as receive and view them through same.

UPDATE: While this works through creating and sending an MMS through winmo, trying to send a pic/video through Album results in (at least for me) the message getting stuck in the outbox. going to winmo's outbox and (re)sending the MMS sent the message.

Also, I didn't do the manage networks thing. Just filled in the settings in HTC's MMS and added the string.

Last edited by validoption; 11-17-2009 at 11:20 PM. Reason: new info
Old 11-17-2009, 11:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

kyle244948 is a n00b

I GOT MMS TO WORK!!! WHOOO!!!

Ok this is what I have done....I did the manage networks thing that everyone has posted about for verizon, for both verizon and cdma. Then I went and setup the mms settings that everyone has talked about. Then I installed this program, went to the registry and added the string name and value for it and closed the editor. Did a soft reset, ie pushing the button underneath the battery cover next to sd card. And violla
Old 11-17-2009, 11:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

kyle244948 is a n00b

I am on verizon too. sorry I didnt mention.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development