PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2009, 12:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [15/11/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R3 [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

OMG, I finally got MMS working........

I got so p!ssed I flashed it one more time & tried all the settings one more time & this time it worked.

Before I do one more thing I am running SPB BU immediately........

~John
Old 11-18-2009, 12:26 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Rhodium

jaymsjoans is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post

I got so p!ssed I flashed it one more time & tried all the settings one more time & this time it worked.

~John
Happy for you bro... I felt the same way when it worked for me.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Telus HTC Hero
Carrier: Telus

freebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfreebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfreebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfreebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ* View Post
If the folder is on the SD...will programs load to SD, or do you need to do a custom script?

Im pretty sure the cabs will install to Device, not SD. How to get them to install to SD...that I dont know.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

viper8u2 is keeping up the good workviper8u2 is keeping up the good workviper8u2 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post

~John
LOL congrats John

Now to set the record straight can you post exactly what you did? Maybe this should go on the first post
Old 11-18-2009, 12:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung EPIC 4G
Carrier: WIMAX 4G

popularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to popularbelief420 Send a message via Yahoo to popularbelief420

Earlier today I wiped my phone after backing up R2 via SPB BU and configured everything for XDA_UC .
(After waiting all day for Rapidshare to calm down)
Flashed R3. Restored everything Flawlessly! MMS sending/receiving. Thanks to Noonski for the XDA_UC script. This rom is fast and very useful 4 my everyday uses. I will update tomorrow morning after showing it off in the cubicle world.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:50 AM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
first off...what a work of art. Flashed last nite...spent some time customizing...and loading up the ROM with MY cabs. I'm still in the lower 50%s of RAM usage with all the bells and whistles ringing and blowing!! Battery life is awesome (so far) And the speed has been refreshing especially for a TF3D2.5 ROM! Thanks Juicy!

Ok...minor issue I have been trying to work thru...and coming up on a brick wall. I posted about it in the general TP2 section and didn't get much help...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=96914

for those that don't want to read that short thread...I'll sum it up.
I can't, for the life of me, get custom ringtones set for my email/mms/sms. Tried to drop the sound files into /windows/rings; tried to rename the sound files in an effort to dupe the programming to think its a file its supposed to read; tried to convert my files from mp3 to wav. As of yet, nothing has worked. If someone here can pls shed some light on this...it would be much appreciated.

These work for me...for those that I want as notifications (email, text etc), I just drop them into the windows folder on the device (not SD), and not in ANY folder, just windows...you may want to try that...of course you need to set them up under notifications (im sure u know this,,,but want to make sure lol)
Old 11-18-2009, 12:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper8u2 View Post
LOL congrats John

Now to set the record straight can you post exactly what you did? Maybe this should go on the first post
I did exactly what solipsist posted, it just didn't work for me the first 19 times I tried it........

~John
Old 11-18-2009, 12:55 AM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

yea yea another post/question bout mms... i know but honestly for 1 i read an keep up w/ this thread from day 1!!! an 2 this aint my 1st rodeo.

yea i read ppl posting how to's and they have mms working, but its been hit or miss w/ others. and every how to post differ from the next.

1. why is every1 saying install arsoft??? its already in the rom, explain whats the need for this 'double install'?
2. from what i read, there is NO way to send or recieve mms in the htc message tab. you need to use the wm email, correct?
htc message tab/client = SMS only
wm email = MMS
3. for sprint the settings for MMS are as follows, correct? name=SprintPCS; ip address= "BLANK FIELD"; port #=80; server address= http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms; connect via=sprint; send limit= 1024kb; wap version= wap2.0
? do you go to the following to put that information (this takes you to the htc client settings): scroll to txt message tab/click "all messages"/click (right softkey) "menu"/click "settings"/ click "options"/ click (right softkey) "menu"/ click "MMS server"/ tap the server availible to edit???
----or----
? do you go to the following to put the above information: scroll to email tab/click (right softkey) "menu"/click "MMS options"/click "servers" tab/ set "1" as default (as i have 3 options, all 'SprintMMCS')/then click the default 1 to edit???
----or----
do you have to do both (but to me, it only makes sense to do the wm 'arcsoft' settings cuz thats the 1 that only works for MMS)

*in order for myself to "edit" the arcsoft server settings i had to input/change the reg. that was posted by Dwizzy130* (will edit post once i find the exact 1 i used)

i can only recieve MMS and NOT send

pls can you (only if you confirm both send/recieve WORK on sprint) inform me on what i'm missing 'steps''reg. edits' or to answer any of the above questions. i am trying to not install another arcsoft UNLESS it is needed but you have to explain why not just cuz. pls dont tell me 'go to post ***' or my fav. 'READ' (go back up and read my 1st sentence)

thanks to any1 that can take the time, cuz i believe, if this post is answered in full, it will help not just me but many others
Old 11-18-2009, 01:01 AM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebie View Post
Im pretty sure the cabs will install to Device, not SD. How to get them to install to SD...that I dont know.
in the root of your SD card make folder XDA_UC/ 'anything installed in here will install to device'

if you want sum cabs to install to your SD card make a folder "SD" inside your XDA_UC folder and put the cabs in there. looks like this XDA_UC/SD
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue (Sprint Touch)
Carrier: Sprint

adavis99 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
yea yea another post/question bout mms... i know but honestly for 1 i read an keep up w/ this thread from day 1!!! an 2 this aint my 1st rodeo.

yea i read ppl posting how to's and they have mms working, but its been hit or miss w/ others. and every how to post differ from the next.

1. why is every1 saying install arsoft??? its already in the rom, explain whats the need for this 'double install'?
2. from what i read, there is NO way to send or recieve mms in the htc message tab. you need to use the wm email, correct?
htc message tab/client = SMS only
wm email = MMS
3. for sprint the settings for MMS are as follows, correct? name=SprintPCS; ip address= "BLANK FIELD"; port #=80; server address= http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms; connect via=sprint; send limit= 1024kb; wap version= wap2.0
? do you go to the following to put that information (this takes you to the htc client settings): scroll to txt message tab/click "all messages"/click (right softkey) "menu"/click "settings"/ click "options"/ click (right softkey) "menu"/ click "MMS server"/ tap the server availible to edit???
----or----
? do you go to the following to put the above information: scroll to email tab/click (right softkey) "menu"/click "MMS options"/click "servers" tab/ set "1" as default (as i have 3 options, all 'SprintMMCS')/then click the default 1 to edit???
----or----
do you have to do both (but to me, it only makes sense to do the wm 'arcsoft' settings cuz thats the 1 that only works for MMS)

*in order for myself to "edit" the arcsoft server settings i had to input/change the reg. that was posted by Dwizzy130* (will edit post once i find the exact 1 i used)

i can only recieve MMS and NOT send

pls can you (only if you confirm both send/recieve WORK on sprint) inform me on what i'm missing 'steps''reg. edits' or to answer any of the above questions. i am trying to not install another arcsoft UNLESS it is needed but you have to explain why not just cuz. pls dont tell me 'go to post ***' or my fav. 'READ' (go back up and read my 1st sentence)

thanks to any1 that can take the time, cuz i believe, if this post is answered in full, it will help not just me but many others
I have no idea what this says... any translators available?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development