PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 09:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

a_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [15/11/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R3 [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by paljets View Post
Does anyone know how to change the date format in the email viewer??

It's set to DD/MM/YY

I want MM/DD/YY

--paul
Go to settings and look for regional settings... it was a bit of a pain to find but I just found it yesterday...
Old 11-17-2009, 10:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint 4G

kash23 is keeping up the good workkash23 is keeping up the good work

Does anyone know how to get Youtube's volume working. It's hit and miss at times, one time i open the program and it works, then i play the next video and no audio?? It's probably deep in this thread, but that's alot of reading.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:40 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Same here, mine also failed after three tries..

I tried every single thing posted (spent over two hours fighting with it) & nothing worked for me (verizon). SMS worked fine through manila, but MMS failed every single time from either album or the WM default app.

I made sure all the server settings where correct (I know them by heart & I must have rechecked them 20 times). I added the arcsoft reg key someone posted etc etc etc etc

Absolutely NOTHING worked & I finally gave up & flashed back to Mighty & restored an SPB backup. Everything works perfectly now (MMS works right through manila etc) & the 2.1 setup is certainly faster than 2.5

I still like the 2.5 features & really want to run this ROM, but I really need MMS working.

Can somebody please itemize the exact steps from the flash on that enable MMS to work in VZ?? Do you use the built in provisioning or install a carrier later?? DO you install another arcsoft cab or is it all set after the R3 flash?? What do you do as far as setting the server info etc??

Should MMS work in a VZ setup right after the flash, or are the server settings all wrong etc??

I really want to try this ROM again tonight, so whatever help someone can give me will certainly be much appreciated....

~John
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
well, that's you.

For me, it is definitely a deal breaker so I will have to use another ROM for now unfortunately.

~John
Im in the same boat with you guys here. I really like this rom, however a basic function like MMS not working is also a dealbraker for me. I pay for an unlimited plan and would enjoy using it. No offense to Juicy, because the problem is not isolated to his rom. This is a problem we need to figure out in general.

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Fittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic2010 View Post
Im in the same boat with you guys here. I really like this rom, however a basic function like MMS not working is also a dealbraker for me. I pay for an unlimited plan and would enjoy using it. No offense to Juicy, because the problem is not isolated to his rom. This is a problem we need to figure out in general.
I agree. we need to figure out how Manila 2.1 handles SMS/MMS and implement it in 2.5. In 2.1 the HTC messaging works with the native WM messaging tab. When you tap the message in touch flo it takes you to the windows app. It just works better in my opinion.

Maybe someone with a deeper knowledge of registry editing can take a look at 2.1's registry so we can make the same changes in 2.5
Old 11-17-2009, 11:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

regulator207 is just getting started

Juicy Great Rom. Much faster than what I expected. A few issues though"

1. Outlook birthdays sync incorrectly. My contacts now display each birthday one day prior to their actual bday. It's been mentioned before.

2. When i manually sync a contact with facebook, the lille facebook icon doesnt appear on their contact photo. It still sync's so it's not a big issue. Just doesnt verify that the contact has been linked to facebook.

3. I cant turn off haptic (vibrate) feedback with the onscreen keyboard. Anybody figure this out?

4. MMS through manila

Otherwise you have done an incredible job with this build of manila. I think most of my complaints are related to manila which may be out of your hands. Again, very good job.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:49 AM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by regulator207 View Post
Juicy Great Rom. Much faster than what I expected. A few issues though"

1. Outlook birthdays sync incorrectly. My contacts now display each birthday one day prior to their actual bday. It's been mentioned before.

2. When i manually sync a contact with facebook, the lille facebook icon doesnt appear on their contact photo. It still sync's so it's not a big issue. Just doesnt verify that the contact has been linked to facebook.

3. I cant turn off haptic (vibrate) feedback with the onscreen keyboard. Anybody figure this out?

4. MMS through manila

Otherwise you have done an incredible job with this build of manila. I think most of my complaints are related to manila which may be out of your hands. Again, very good job.

I agree and I think this is the "official" list to fix...but I am staying on this ROM either way...GREAT JOB JUICY!!
Old 11-17-2009, 11:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pdawg17 is keeping up the good workpdawg17 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ* View Post
I agree and I think this is the "official" list to fix...but I am staying on this ROM either way...GREAT JOB JUICY!!
Yup...I want manilla 2.5 so for now there are a few issues to live with...not just Juicy's but any 2.5 ROM...
Old 11-17-2009, 12:02 PM
N00b
Carrier: Verizon

powerplyer is a n00b

Juicy I just switched to your ROM from Mighty both are good but this is a business phone and do not need all the fluff.

No that being said I have a big problem; this phone is hooked to to the exchange server and I get my phone directory from my Outlook contacts. All the phone numbers including local US ones have a "+1" in the beginning. Please look at the example below.

Exchange Contact:
+1(555) 555-5555

Phone Dials
0111 555 555 5555 --> Verizon says it can not recognized the number.

I do not want to change all my contact to take off the "+1" because I do travel overseas once in a while that is how contacts are downloaded into my Outlook Contacts.

I would really like to keep this ROM if we can address this problem with a cab. BTW I have no problems with the stock firmware.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:06 PM
DZF
PPCGeeks Regular

DZF is a n00b

Anybody with R3 on Verizon able to tell us your settings to get MMS working?
Thanks!
Old 11-17-2009, 12:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerplyer View Post
Juicy I just switched to your ROM from Mighty both are good but this is a business phone and do not need all the fluff.

Eer, what fluff is that??

Mighty's ROM is about as "fluff free" as any ROM ever.

My phone is also a business phone & that caused me to flash back to Mighty this morning. As much as I love this awesome ROM, there are just too many things that don't work right yet (MMS mainly) that work perfectly with Mighty's ROM & I need those basic functions in my everyday use.

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development