PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2009, 03:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

pistol44 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] Juicy Rhodium_W R2 [SENSE UI][XDA_UC]

Comparing the R2 with R1.. performance as noted improved on homescreen animations and tabs.

However I noticed the lag came back which was there on R1 after making some customizations. I've been trying to isolate the performance it and noticed firstly that adding more than 1 program shortcut to the homescreen significantly slowed down the animated weather on the homescreen and tab scrolling.

I continued customizing while trying to maintain the same performance (as after hard reset) and installed programs and customized options one by one checking the animations in between. I lost track once I linked my facebook acct to my contact list and now the lag is back.

Not sure exactly what causes it but there is something specific that causes the tab scrolling and animated homescreen to lag significantly. Wish I knew exactly what it was.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s
Carrier: Sprint

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol44 View Post
Comparing the R2 with R1.. performance as noted improved on homescreen animations and tabs.

However I noticed the lag came back which was there on R1 after making some customizations. I've been trying to isolate the performance it and noticed firstly that adding more than 1 program shortcut to the homescreen significantly slowed down the animated weather on the homescreen and tab scrolling.

I continued customizing while trying to maintain the same performance (as after hard reset) and installed programs and customized options one by one checking the animations in between. I lost track once I linked my facebook acct to my contact list and now the lag is back.

Not sure exactly what causes it but there is something specific that causes the tab scrolling and animated homescreen to lag significantly. Wish I knew exactly what it was.

settings tab > all settings > today and make sure today timeout is unchecked on the items tab. i was getting some pretty bad lag last night when i realized it was checked. unchecked it and theres no lag at all now.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:13 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Small bug in R2...

From the Settings tab, tap 'About Phone', then tap on 'About', and Opera launches and you get version information. All is good.

However, if you go to 'All Settings', then to the 'System' page, then tap 'Device Information', it pulls up the exact same sub-menu as the 'About Phone' screen above did, but this time when you select 'About', the Power app opens instead. Strange but true.

Old 11-05-2009, 03:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker

mjodotcom is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
cool, glad that worked for ya.

Well guess I spoke too soon, so I just reflashed R2 to try out the "hard battery reset technique" and now when I try to install that VGA quick GPS cab you linked I get the following error:

"Installation was unsuccessful. The program or setting cannot be installed because it does not have sufficent system permissions."

Any idea why this is showing up, and how I can force the program to install? Thanks.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP, TP2, Imagio
Carrier: Alltel-Verizon

NEPATR1OTS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNEPATR1OTS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNEPATR1OTS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjodotcom View Post
Well guess I spoke too soon, so I just reflashed R2 to try out the "hard battery reset technique" and now when I try to install that VGA quick GPS cab you linked I get the following error:

"Installation was unsuccessful. The program or setting cannot be installed because it does not have sufficent system permissions."

Any idea why this is showing up, and how I can force the program to install? Thanks.
I couldn't get it to install either, there has to be a way.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

pistol44 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k4mach View Post
settings tab > all settings > today and make sure today timeout is unchecked on the items tab. i was getting some pretty bad lag last night when i realized it was checked. unchecked it and theres no lag at all now.
Gave that suggestion a try but no difference over here..
Old 11-05-2009, 04:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: verizon touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

alnova1 is a n00b

I had to install the zenyee disable htc messaging cab to get my mms to work and it does but for some reason when there is a pic to be viewed it just shows the windows icon for the pic. Also if I want to send a pic it shows all my pic on the phone as the same windows icon for a pic. It will play any sounds though that are on the mms...anyone else have this problem after the fix?
Old 11-05-2009, 04:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

faxmonkey is keeping up the good workfaxmonkey is keeping up the good work

Ok... one more MMS question. I already installed the cab on the first page. When i get an MMS message i click on it in the main today screen (third icon from the left), it takes me to the message. I tap to view the vid, but nothing happens.
So then i got o start> messages. Tap on the message. I see text history and the last one is the one i'm trying to watch/get. I tap on it again. The first thing i see is a reminder about downloading the message. I tap on menu and then download. What next? How do i get my vid?

Last edited by faxmonkey; 11-05-2009 at 04:55 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-05-2009, 04:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker

mjodotcom is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPATR1OTS View Post
I couldn't get it to install either, there has to be a way.
What's weird is I got it to work out just fine before my latest flash, I don't know what changed. Is there any setting can be changed in order to force the cab to install? Or any other CAB we can try?
Old 11-05-2009, 04:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff

so what you guys are saying the quick gps program thats built in "does not work" my progam works find on flash. It downloaded fine when i hadreset and shows the days left

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development