PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2009, 05:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC T7380
Carrier: Sprint

Mutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Mutiny32 Send a message via AIM to Mutiny32 Send a message via MSN to Mutiny32 Send a message via Skype™ to Mutiny32
Re: [ROM] [12/09/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R6 (21884) [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

lol so mms is still broken even after removing an integral messaging component to fix it and break other stuff?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, TP , TP2x2 and now EVO!!!

nutzy19 is keeping up the good worknutzy19 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
dont really get why, seems like poll is here to read plus its not really gonna help anything.
it might Darren, who knows.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:32 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny32 View Post
lol so mms is still broken even after removing an integral messaging component to fix it and break other stuff?
omg no, guess that answers my pm lol thanx again sir for the nbh, guess ill still try it.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

fryjr82 is keeping up the good workfryjr82 is keeping up the good work

I have tried HTC messaging client in many different ROMs including NRGz's. It is fine until you get about 30 txt msgs then it is unusable. I love it but I had to constantly purge my txt msgs to keep it working. I would much rather just disable it and use threaded SMS via WinMo. Heck have to use WinMo for MMS anyhow. And yes, WinMo MMS works just fine in R6. I haven't found one issue yet with R6. I had some ringtone issues and youtube volume issues with a few of the past versions but so far so good with R6! Thanks Juicy!!!
Old 12-10-2009, 05:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

whetzel is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdiDave View Post
Can anyone comment on the possiblity of this rom fixing the VERIZON users annoying voice-only network notification.
Good news... I think. I hope it's not just me.

Ok, just to let everyone know, I just flashed the newest Juicy R6 ROM and everything seems to be working fine. Not one pop up since I've installed it.

The only thing I did differently this time is that I did not do a hard reset after the flash. I know that you're supposed to, but since I'm not in an area where there are Verizon towers I have to drive 15 minutes across the state line (which isn't that big of a deal) to reprogram my phone (*228 ) and I just didn't feel like doing that today.

I'm just wondering if anyone else would be willing to install it on their phone to confirm this issue is in fact fixed with the R6 release or if I just got lucky this time.

Please post your findings so that we all can try to resolve this issue that has been troubling so many of us.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:43 PM
Twins Fanatic
Pocket PC: LG G3 and HTC One M8

gspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to gspitman Send a message via Yahoo to gspitman

Hey folks... am I retarded or am I missing the provisioning cab somewhere? Wasn't there a selector at the beginning in R5?
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC T7380

Mutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Mutiny32 Send a message via AIM to Mutiny32 Send a message via MSN to Mutiny32 Send a message via Skype™ to Mutiny32

In case nobody here had a bunch of texts before this "issue" cropped up, it happens in regular 'ol WM messaging as well, so good luck with your finger pointing. HTC messaging was fine in R5 after you let it sort through all the imported or old messages. Mine's still as fast as it ever was; even after hundreds of messages on the device.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:46 PM
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH 4G?!
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: The non-4G 4G'ers (Sprint)

radar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to radar369 Send a message via Yahoo to radar369 Send a message via Skype™ to radar369

Seems like the HTC messaging app was built for the Snapdragon processor.....that's probably why it's SO GARBAGE on this MSM7600! I'm pretty sure if we all had HD2s we would have a deluxe time with HTC messaging!

Last edited by radar369; 12-10-2009 at 05:49 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

jowaldo is just getting started

The sms sent notification bug still seems to be there... Which cab is the best to disable it?
Old 12-10-2009, 05:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 on MightyROM Official Release 2/10

devoe is a n00b
Thumbs down Re: [ROM] [12/09/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R6 (21884) [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjohnny View Post
For VZW users - Juicy 47 is the GOD of rom makers. R6 is it. Period. No more flashing for me. EVERYTHING WORKS. Opera even syncs with IE Mobile favorites! What more can anyone possibly ask for?

(thank God cause I was just about to buy a new flasher for my phone)
I'm going to have to disagree here. I was really looking forward to using Juicy's ROM, but I have noticed some serious issues for me that are making me go back to MightyRom's. I hard resetted after installing Juicy's ROM and have noticed performance really suffer only after a few hours of usage forcing me to softreset 3 times already today. I've only installed one application (MagiCall, which I also uninstalled to test) so I don't think there are any incompatibiliy issues.

Even though it shows about 55 - 65% in free memory, it feels really slow. Typing messages in SMS is delayed by a few seconds. Switching to the hardware keyboard is about a 3 second delay. The whole disable HTC SMS app is really odd as I would expect it to open WM SMS when I click on a message but instead it does nothing so all I can do is tap All Messages. It's frozen on me quite a few times just after 1 day of moderate usage. Opening Facebook in the HTC browser was pretty slow even though dragging around in the page felt a little snappier.

The fact that this version of Manila is not landscape-compatible is a minor problem for me, but wasn't a problem in 2.1. Sorry fellas, I'm going back to Mighty until some of these issues are resolved.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development