devoe
N00b

devoe is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down Re: [ROM] [12/09/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R6 (21884) [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjohnny View Post
For VZW users - Juicy 47 is the GOD of rom makers. R6 is it. Period. No more flashing for me. EVERYTHING WORKS. Opera even syncs with IE Mobile favorites! What more can anyone possibly ask for?

(thank God cause I was just about to buy a new flasher for my phone)
I'm going to have to disagree here. I was really looking forward to using Juicy's ROM, but I have noticed some serious issues for me that are making me go back to MightyRom's. I hard resetted after installing Juicy's ROM and have noticed performance really suffer only after a few hours of usage forcing me to softreset 3 times already today. I've only installed one application (MagiCall, which I also uninstalled to test) so I don't think there are any incompatibiliy issues.

Even though it shows about 55 - 65% in free memory, it feels really slow. Typing messages in SMS is delayed by a few seconds. Switching to the hardware keyboard is about a 3 second delay. The whole disable HTC SMS app is really odd as I would expect it to open WM SMS when I click on a message but instead it does nothing so all I can do is tap All Messages. It's frozen on me quite a few times just after 1 day of moderate usage. Opening Facebook in the HTC browser was pretty slow even though dragging around in the page felt a little snappier.

The fact that this version of Manila is not landscape-compatible is a minor problem for me, but wasn't a problem in 2.1. Sorry fellas, I'm going back to Mighty until some of these issues are resolved.