PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2009, 09:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

iceninja is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to iceninja
Re: [ROM] [12/09/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R6 (21884) [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by krohnjw View Post
Anyone using push w/ Exchange? It seems on both R5 and R6 I am unable to get proper push email from exchange. If I manually sync then I will receive the push if a new email arrives within the next few minutes. Outside of that window there there is no delivery until I manually sync again. This has never been an issue on any other rom. A quick google search yields some results suggesting this may be an issue with 2.5. Anyone else successfully using push w/ exchange? No push email for work = no go on a 2.5 ROM for me so back to 2.1
I have never had a problem with push email using Exchange, no matter what rom I use with my sprint tp2.

Ice
Old 12-10-2009, 10:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Hivez is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Anyone using push w/ Exchange? It seems on both R5 and R6 I am unable to get proper push email from exchange. If I manually sync then I will receive the push if a new email arrives within the next few minutes. Outside of that window there there is no delivery until I manually sync again. This has never been an issue on any other rom. A quick google search yields some results suggesting this may be an issue with 2.5. Anyone else successfully using push w/ exchange? No push email for work = no go on a 2.5 ROM for me so back to 2.1
I have the same issue when I sync with google's servers
Old 12-10-2009, 10:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

badwolf is keeping up the good workbadwolf is keeping up the good workbadwolf is keeping up the good work

could someone post a sample xda_uc dir listing the xda forum was a little overwhelming...
Old 12-10-2009, 11:07 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmackay View Post
I must be doing something really stupid. I cannot find two items in R6:

1) Provisioning App
2) Tethering App.

Thanks for any help.

Doug M.
Didn't the provisioning selection pop up on your first boot after loading the ROM? If it didn't, I'd do another hard reset as it should have. I know with R5 I had an instance where I did a hard reset and it never started the provisioning piece, so I know something wasn't right, from the start. Another hard reset and things were fine?
Old 12-10-2009, 11:12 AM
Almost a VIP

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff

Quote:
In Active Sync, did you change the options under Menu|Schedule? It is initially set to only check the exchance server every 60 minutes during OFF-Peak times. Change that option to "As Items Arrive" for instant delivery during off peak. It is already set to get items as they arrive during peak times.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:16 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Thumbs up Re: [ROM] [12/09/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R6 (21884) [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

Juicy,
I have attached the 6.5'd CDMA_RSSI_PPC.dll (which jugalloX and Mighty are using in their rom). All the icons have been matched to the stock wm 6.5. Hope to see you soon your release, no having active/inactive data arrows is annoying...
Attached Files
File Type: zip CDMA_RSSI_PPC_V4.zip (27.3 KB, 30 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC "Supersonic" Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint WiMAX 4G

richardrk is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nico4k View Post
Juicy,
I have attached the 6.5'd CDMA_RSSI_PPC.dll (which jugalloX and Mighty are using in their rom). All the icons have been matched to the stock wm 6.5. Hope to see you soon your release, no having active/inactive data arrows is annoying...
Yes it is.... I watch my data like a hawk for some reason or another. Even though i have unlimited. I like to know if its being used or if I can just turn it off. lol

My Post made WMExperts
PPC-6601 http://www.wmexperts.com/friday-fun-...want-all-power
Old 12-10-2009, 11:28 AM
Almost a VIP

Anyone having an issue with forwarding meetings to the calendar?

When I forward a meeting from Outlook 2003 to my phone, I accept it fine and it will show just fine on the home page with all the pertinent info. It will also appear fine in the Agenda listing. HOWEVER when I goto the appointment itself to try to look at the full display of the appointment, ALL the fields are blank. Even after rebooting this is an issue.

The ONLY way to get it to show properly so I can edit it is to back up my appointments with either PimBackup or Microsoft's My Phone and then delete the appointment from my phone and restore the appointments from the backup. Then it shows fine.

This seems to be happening with ALL 2.5 ROMS I have tried, not just Juicy's. I've tried Caulkulins, NRG's and Juicy's and they all do this. Is this a known bug with 2.5 and what can be done about it?

Thanx

**EDIT**
This only seems to occur with a SINGLE occurence meeting. I just sent myself 2 recurring meetings that happen every week and those appear fine when I try to edit them.

Last edited by Chuck_IV; 12-10-2009 at 11:37 AM.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: AT&T

krohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_IV View Post
In Active Sync, did you change the options under Menu|Schedule? It is initially set to only check the exchance server every 60 minutes during OFF-Peak times. Change that option to "As Items Arrive" for instant delivery during off peak. It is already set to get items as they arrive during peak times.
It's as items arrive for peak as well as off peak as I am a 24/7 guy for work. This is during peak hours as well. Push continues to work for a few minutes after a manual sync, during which time any new email is delivered. After a few minutes the push function ceases to work at all. Again a manual sync will restore functionality for a limited time.

AFAIK ActiveSync uses long polling with the exchange server to keep a TCP connection open for the push. It's as if the tunnel is being killed and not re-instantiated until a manual sync is done. ActiveSync should detect this when it can't reach the server on it's regular polling interval to verify the tunnel is still alive and re-establish the connection. This doesn't appear to be happening though. This has only happened with 2.5 ROMs so far for me - no issues with 2.1 or any other WM 6.1 or 6.5 ROM across 3 devices.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pdawg17 is keeping up the good workpdawg17 is keeping up the good work

That's interesting because I figured it was a google sync problem as they have had this problem before...I have problems with my email getting pushed only over the last few days and I have been on R5 since it came out...but you are saying it doesn't happen on 2.1 ROMs so I don't know what to say...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development