PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 11:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint 4G

kash23 is keeping up the good workkash23 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [11/28/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R5 (21882) [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

it did take 2 or 3 soft reset for sprint tv to operate tho, but after the initial 2 or 3 soft resets, i never had another problem with sprint tv.

Last edited by kash23; 12-03-2009 at 11:21 AM. Reason: To clarify
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Titan 6800
Carrier: Verizon

MstaCDLite is a n00b

Running R5 and have been having frequent lockups when doing basing things....hanging up a call, replying to texts, accessing info on contacts...not really sure if its still the manila messaging thats causing this, but I'm doing a reset 4-5 times daily.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:48 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MstaCDLite View Post
Running R5 and have been having frequent lockups when doing basing things....hanging up a call, replying to texts, accessing info on contacts...not really sure if its still the manila messaging thats causing this, but I'm doing a reset 4-5 times daily.
Did you do a hard reset after the initial load of the firmware? The hard reset usually clears the strange errors. I have not had any issues at all with R5, with regards to locking up or anything like that. It has been solid, with regards to stability.

Then again, it just may be your phone doesn't like R5. I had similar issues with my prior TP1. Some ROM builds just wouldn't load on my particular TP1(they would hang during bootup), yet others had no issues(a couple Mighty ROM builds and Juggalo's last .08 build come to mind). The next version would usually would cure the issue for me. I know R6 is just around the corner, so perhaps that will help.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_IV View Post
Did you do a hard reset after the initial load of the firmware? The hard reset usually clears the strange errors. I have not had any issues at all with R5, with regards to locking up or anything like that. It has been solid, with regards to stability.

Then again, it just may be your phone doesn't like R5. I had similar issues with my prior TP1. Some ROM builds just wouldn't load on my particular TP1(they would hang during bootup), yet others had no issues(a couple Mighty ROM builds and Juggalo's last .08 build come to mind). The next version would usually would cure the issue for me. I know R6 is just around the corner, so perhaps that will help.
I did the initial hard reset as i would do with any custom rom installation and i still have hangups when i text at times. Again im still on R3 but you say you have none with r5? if so i might update.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff

I don't do a lot of texting, so I can't speak for the texting issues(I have sent and received a few with no issues but I know some of you do MANY during the day) but I have not had any lockups yet otherwise, doing any of the things Mthat staCDLite had issues with(hanging up phone, accessing contacts).

Last edited by Chuck_IV; 12-03-2009 at 12:05 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

ntiemeier is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kash23 View Post
On R3 i followed these directions and got all those things you listed to work.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=3213

Tried it, Same results.

You know what I'm thinking it might be. Everyone keeps posting to go to the email icon, click on inbox, go the the go to the SMS/MMS inbox and then change the server from there.

I don't have that. I just have my Gmail and outlook exchange in the email tab. Now on those I can go to <menu, pic/video options> but I don't think that helps me as that is for the email, not messaging.

Now From the message tab. I can go to <All Messages,Menu, Settings,options,Menu,mms server> I have 1 connection in there that I created called SprintMMS.

There's got to be one peice that I'm missing. Thinking about just uninstalling the arcsoft cab and the MMS Fix (M2.1) (Sprint).cab and removing all servers in the registry under arcsoft, load and try again?

Thoughts?

Last edited by ntiemeier; 12-03-2009 at 12:17 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntiemeier View Post
Tried it, Same results.

You know what I'm thinking it might be. Everyone keeps posting to go to the email icon, click on inbox, go the the go to the SMS/MMS inbox and then change the server from there.

I don't have that. I just have my Gmail and outlook exchange in the email tab. No on those I can go to <menu?, <pic/video options> but I don't think that helps me.

Now From the message tab. I can go to <All Messages,Menu, Settings,options,Menu,mms server> I have 1 connection in there that I created called SprintMMS.

There's got to be one peice that I'm missing. Thinking about just uninstalling the arcsoft cab and the MMS Fix (M2.1) (Sprint).cab and removing all servers in the registry under arcsoft, load and try again?

Thoughts?
I would hard reset, install necessary cabs and after each cab installed a soft reset to make sure. Hope that fixes your issue.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO

brnail is just getting started

In order to see the MMS account under the email tab, you need to change the External Accounts, as in Post 3411.

I did exactly what that post explains and MMS works.

Try that. The external account change is what you are missing.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50286; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

MMS worked in R5 for me without installing arcsoft. I can send and recieve too. I have manila sms disabled though. Rom is super stable for me too try a hard reset. Something is making your phone freeze.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

ntiemeier is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kash23 View Post
I would hard reset, install necessary cabs and after each cab installed a soft reset to make sure. Hope that fixes your issue.
OK, After a Hard Reset. The only thing I did was the Sprint provisioning cab, soft reset, MMS Fix (M2.1) (Sprint).cab, soft reset.

I tried to send a picture to my email account to test and it says unable to send the message.

These are the current settings in the MMS server list.
1 listing:

Server name: SampleMMSC
IP address:
Port Number: 8080
Server Address:
Connect Via: Sprint
Send Limit: 300KB
WAP Version: 2.0

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development