PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2009, 10:32 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

fr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35541; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee K View Post

Can't think of a single thing I liked about any custom rom over the stock rom, but I can think of a ton of things that nearly ruin the phone.

I'm curious what you think "nearly ruined the phone"??

I don't think this ROM is perfect by any means (running R3) but I didn't really expect it to be.

I had a terrible time getting MMS to work, but it works fine now.

I really love the ROM now except for one thing which unfortunately may force me to swap back to Mighty (& I really love manila 2.5)

The one thing I'm not sure I can deal with much longer is the incredibly laggy manila texting. I do a TON of texting and I need fast lag free THREADED texting & I can't figure out any way to achieve that with this ROM. If anybody knows how to achieve this please post it??

~John
Get that cab to disable the manila texting. It will enable the built in wm messaging. You will like it much better.
Old 11-27-2009, 11:12 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: telus

twasnow is just getting started
Re: [ROM] [11/23/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R4 (21876) [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

Hey Juicy,

Great Job on the ROM thanks, I like many love the 2.5 interface, but the more seamless nature of 2.1, still you have managed to mend many of the problems with 2.5 on this release THANKS!

I have actually been able to use it for going on 3 days.

Still having wet dreams about the calendar interface (one of the most used functions for me)

So how did you get the bluetooth stack working properly? My phone now hangs up flawlessly.

So like I said AWESOME ROM, RUNS very fast and pretty damn stable with a few exceptions.

(this is only meant to help and not as a complaint)

- sometimes Opera browser takes over the task bar so even when switching programs Opera doesn't minimize from full screen.

- While background wallpaper animations work flawless the weather animations slow the TP2 down to about 1/4 speed. obviously I have just switched wallpapers so that wouldn't happen. (for those with this same problem go to the "animated wallpaper" section and then select your custom wallpaper under the album soft button, if you do it through the "weather" section you will still have weather animations)

- For some reason my email always shows a 1 on the HTC slider, but this might (read probably) have to do with the email extender I installed (to add mark all as read), because it also happens on mighty mikes rom. Maybe someone more astute than myself with windows mobile can help me out with this.

- youtube audio still a no go for me, at least I can still see that cute asian chick with the NZ accent that seems to show up on the front page a lot lately... hmm I wonder why???

Overall great experience and this would be my Highly recommended 2.5 rom
Old 11-27-2009, 11:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2
Carrier: Verizon - not by my choice!

mbjr is becoming a great contributor

The music stopping after 20 to 40 seconds is killing me! It must be a manila 2.5 thing, I tried many different roms and it is the same in all. Sure wish the chef's would address it though. Other than that love the rom dude, thanks for all the hard work.
Old 11-27-2009, 11:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIP

Here is the cab I use to get Sprint MMS to work flawlessly with this rom.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbjr View Post
The music stopping after 20 to 40 seconds is killing me! It must be a manila 2.5 thing, I tried many different roms and it is the same in all. Sure wish the chef's would address it though. Other than that love the rom dude, thanks for all the hard work.

prolly a problem with your music files. mine all play all the way through on all the roms ive flashed.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Hidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

music works fine for me too
Old 11-27-2009, 12:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 CDMA
Carrier: sprint

wtmaxx25 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to wtmaxx25

How can i get this keyboard back on this rom ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ReplaceTextAsYouType-2_bmp.jpg (11.0 KB, 42 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-27-2009, 01:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0st View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35541; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Get that cab to disable the manila texting. It will enable the built in wm messaging. You will like it much better.
I have that cab, but I want THREADED texting & this does not give you that (unless I'm doing something wrong)??

~John
Old 11-27-2009, 01:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbjr View Post
The music stopping after 20 to 40 seconds is killing me! It must be a manila 2.5 thing, .
This is ABSOLUTELY a manila 2.5 thing, I have the same problem.

I have 600 mp3's on my card & they play fine using WMP, but I have the same problem using the HTC music tab.

I think I know what's causing it. In the top left corner of the player tab there is a tiny little CD emblem that spins & looks like it is updating. if you click on it, it is trying to update the album art & I can't figure out any way to disable it.

If I wait until that stupid thing stops spinning, the music plays fine & never shuts off. The problem is, it takes FOREVER to get to that point.

~John
Old 11-27-2009, 01:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP Deuce

DirkDiggler is becoming a great contributor

Is anyone using a custom taskbar where the SMS text message icon works? I've installed a few custom taskbars and for some reason I still get the stock SMS notification...the missed call icon works, multi message icon works, they all work except the SMS notification, anyone else have this issue? If someone has one that works, could you post your outres.192.dll file?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development