PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2010, 07:27 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!
Carrier: Sprint

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to OR78
Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Sense UI 2.5║

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpot View Post
Just that when the screen turns off I can't get it to turn back on. It's weird because the problem seemed to get worse and worse. Then I hard reset and it was doing it after the hard reset!

Took like three flashes before it started working normally and then it started doing it again. Keyboard wakes up, the buttons light up... but no screen.

I'm reading through the thread now to see if I can find any solutions. Do you have any suggestions?

Have you by chance tried pressing the power button 3 times repeatedly? Try this and see if it works.

Give some
Old 04-12-2010, 07:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

toddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stuff

I think that I saw one of the VIP's post that this issue, also known as SOD, was resolved, but I cannot recall what the fix was. Try searching in this forum for SOD and see what you find.

I now remember that it had someting to do with people that imported/restored their call history information. So maybe search this forum for Call History and see what you find.

You might also go to page one of this forum and read the first couple of pages for your answer as a last resort.

If you were to do a clear storage, and not install any programs, or restore email, call history or text messages, do you have the problem?

Here is the link to a possible fix.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=1976

Quote:
Just that when the screen turns off I can't get it to turn back on. It's weird because the problem seemed to get worse and worse. Then I hard reset and it was doing it after the hard reset!

Took like three flashes before it started working normally and then it started doing it again. Keyboard wakes up, the buttons light up... but no screen.

I'm reading through the thread now to see if I can find any solutions. Do you have any suggestions?

Hitting Thanks (to the right) helps build reputation. Hit it, if I did it!

Last edited by toddpedersen; 04-12-2010 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Added link
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

pokerpot is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpokerpot is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpokerpot is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OR78 View Post
Have you by chance tried pressing the power button 3 times repeatedly? Try this and see if it works.
No matter how many times I push the power button the screen is dead... frustrating because sometimes even after a soft reset it starts doing it right away. It also happened a few times after hard resets.

All I've read about this issue is anecdotal.

I have yet to experience any issues with Mike's ROMs.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mjh8812 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to mjh8812

Quote:
No matter how many times I push the power button the screen is dead... frustrating because sometimes even after a soft reset it starts doing it right away. It also happened a few times after hard resets.

All I've read about this issue is anecdotal.

I have yet to experience any issues with Mike's ROMs.
it does it for me every now and then too...if i soft reset then turn the screen off before everything loads.it seems like when the processors heavily used it does it..then all of a sudden as soon as everything loads it comes back on
Old 04-12-2010, 07:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

xjack is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Without making this too convoluted. Has anyone experienced extreme lag while trying to search for items in the windows sub-folders? While using Resco explorer and navigating through the files, when I select the windows folder it takes a good 10-15 seconds for the files to load. The only other place I have experienced this is when I go to the notification settings(which searches the widows folder). Very odd. I'd like other's thoughts here.
I've experienced this since day 1 on stock as well as Mighty ROMs. I just assumed it was normal. It's a bit faster with Resco and xTask's FileMan.

Takes a solid 3 minutes if I open the Windows folder over USB Activesync on Win7 x64.

I do not have the notification delay problem you describe.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Quote:
Without making this too convoluted. Has anyone experienced extreme lag while trying to search for items in the windows sub-folders? While using Resco explorer and navigating through the files, when I select the windows folder it takes a good 10-15 seconds for the files to load. The only other place I have experienced this is when I go to the notification settings(which searches the widows folder). Very odd. I'd like other's thoughts here.
I haven't done many mods myself for either of the Manila 2.5 ROMs I've used, but when I was with Manila 2.1 and modding a bunch of manila files, I noticed that the more things that I changed, the slower loading the windows directory and also the sounds/notifications got. After I removed them all, things were still slow, but not nearly as bad. Have you done any manila mods by any chance?

Quote:

Ziggy posted the potential fix, I think it was htcservices.dll that he replaced that stopped the sleep issue. One other thing to look at are any tweaks and programs that you're performing or installing. I would flash to stock, clear storage, flash to MightyROM, clear storage again, and start out fresh. Provision the phone, let it run for a little and then install things one by one, using the phone for 10-15 minutes in between each install and seeing if problems come back. If you get to a point where you're having issues, you've found the culprit.

I also think that just restoring things, call log/text/email/calendar/etc. (if you're doing this), rather than re-syncing them will cause problems as manila will attempt to re-index all of that stuff, and that is likely causing the failure to wake issues.

I'm not sure if others will find this useful or not, but I know the VZW stock roms don't have it included. I found a CAB installer for Clear Storage so you can use it rather than performing a 3-button hard reset if you wish. Keep it on your storage card for easy installation and use when updating/flashing if you go back to stock rather than using Task29
Attached Files
File Type: cab Clear Storage.cab (59.9 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:50 PM
Postwhoring VIP

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP

Actually yes. I am using the blue r3born cab. Which greatly alters manila. Hmm....
Old 04-12-2010, 07:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Quote:
Actually yes. I am using the blue r3born cab. Which greatly alters manila. Hmm....
My thought was that since you can't fully overwrite the files that are in ROM, it's essentially duplicating each of the files that are replaced for Manila mods (such as the nice blue/red/etc. themes). I haven't looked at any themes for Manila 2.5, but I know that the blue theme from Lil Rico for Mighty's first rom had ~500 files that it would change, so it just made the system parse through that many more files.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

toddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stuff

Anyone know if there is a simple registry edit that controls the Wait Cursor image? I have finally found a task bar I like but the wait cursor is the old WM6.1 Pie Section Wait Cursor. I was hoping I could just change a registry entry to point to the WM6.5 4 dot wait cursor instead.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Postwhoring VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
My thought was that since you can't fully overwrite the files that are in ROM, it's essentially duplicating each of the files that are replaced for Manila mods (such as the nice blue/red/etc. themes). I haven't looked at any themes for Manila 2.5, but I know that the blue theme from Lil Rico for Mighty's first rom had ~500 files that it would change, so it just made the system parse through that many more files.

Very true. Plus the fact when a file is deleted and another takes its place, the original ROM file is recreated though it may not be used. If this is the case, back to basic I go then....

Edit: So after scanning the Windows file, it can hold over 370MB of information. There in lies the problem its over 75% full....Too much shiz!

Last edited by OR78; 04-12-2010 at 08:03 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2