PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2010, 03:31 PM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ Update Available!

2. Cookies Home tab works just great, and CHT also is a great integration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcoder2k View Post
Amazing ROM! Everything is silky smooth. This may be the best ROM I have ever had on my TP2. Thanks a ton for the great work Mike.

A couple of quick questions:

1. Does anyone know how I can add a "Send and receive all" shortcut that initiates send and receive on all email accounts?

2. Has anyone tried using Cookie tab with this ROM? Any thoughts on stability/performance implications of installing it?

Thanks!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:41 PM
::The Elite Geek::
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: VZW

tjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstn76rs View Post
That's what I've done but it looks darker than my actual home screen. It's like there is a shaded background over the top of it. I hope this makes sense.
The Start Menu and Manila use different variations of the image...when you are in the start menu in landscape and the pic you have is only 480x800 it will show twice...just the way its set up...fortunately there are some cabs if you search around that enable you to set the transparency of it to make it a bit lighter...so search something like Semi transparent 6.5 Start Menu...hope it helps...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summit View Post
Figures (new update) . . . I just spent hours yesterday switching over from SE to Official! Argh! I might just try flashing 52410 and doing an SPB Backup restore and see if it works!
Its running really smooth so far so I am feelin good...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
That's just asking for trouble restoring from a different ROM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryMcQ View Post
I agree with Wesley. I would make a full backup with SPB Backup before doing anything. Then go ahead and Task 29 and flash the new ROM. At least you can look at and see if you want to go ahead and do another rebuild. THEN, if you decide there is not enough change or improvement and don't want to take the time for a re-build, Task 29 again, flash the same version of ROM that is on your backup, then restore the backup over that.
I have used this method every time I get the flash urge, or just the urge to go look at what the other chef's are doing. So far, I've never been bitten by doing it this way.
Good luck,
GMc
He has been using SPB Backup successfully, so I am sure he knows what he's doing...plus as has been stated before SE and OF are the same ROM just that SE comes with a preinstalled theme, taskbar, and folder organization...but then again with the new version of Sense who knows...I guess he will find out...we learn from are mistakes and accomplishments...

Quote:
Originally Posted by drnick5 View Post
I have just sold my Touch pro 2 on ebay...so this will be my final post in this thread. I want to personally thank Mighty Mike and everyone else who contributes to this rom/thread for making my touch pro 2 so much more useful. you made my touch pro and touch pro 2 so much better its a wonder why HTC doesn't hire you to make roms for them. haha

I have pre ordered an Evo (as im sure a lot of you have) and am looking forward to the switch over to Android. I will miss my hardware keyboard dearly.. but my hopes are that a 4.3" screen will be pretty easy to type on in landscape move. But until June 4th...I'm back on my Moto Q... who doesn't love WM 5? right?

Again, thanks again for everything.
Good luck with the Evo...

Still no love for WM5......

Quote:
Originally Posted by beathookup View Post
Whats the new update give us? I've read through the forums and on the MightyROM website but does not give any details. I'm currently on the Official from the last release.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbythe1 View Post
Hi Mike,
is there a changelog for your latest release sir?
Thanks
I believe what has been stated is that the change was the version of Sense from 2.5.2012 to 2.5.2013...

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcoder2k View Post
Amazing ROM! Everything is silky smooth. This may be the best ROM I have ever had on my TP2. Thanks a ton for the great work Mike.

A couple of quick questions:

1. Does anyone know how I can add a "Send and receive all" shortcut that initiates send and receive on all email accounts?

2. Has anyone tried using Cookie tab with this ROM? Any thoughts on stability/performance implications of installing it?

Thanks!
1. Not sure...as I only use one email account on my phone...but maybe someone with more accounts might have something...but as far as I have seen...nope...

2. Yes I actually had the 1.7.0 on my previous ROM exported the settings and updated to the newest version on the new ROM and imported the settings and it worked perfect...as for performance/stability I don't overdue mine with too many settings but it is running smooth as warm butter...on toast.....mmmm...buttered toast...

Whatta Post...that ended with buttered toast....

Last edited by tjELITE; 05-24-2010 at 03:46 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

Summit is keeping up the good workSummit is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
That's just asking for trouble restoring from a different ROM.
I agree but if it's just some manila tweaks and the underlying OS is unchanged, then it's not technically a different ROM. SPB Backup restore may not step on anything if I select "Do not overwrite files!" It's worth a try and like GaryMcQ said, I can always flash back to where I am now if it tanks.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

hookahzorr is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhookahzorr is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhookahzorr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hey mike what is your official build of 6.5.5 off since its not off the hd mini and anyplans on an upgrade using theLG Fathom WM6.5.3
for builds. Just curious?
Old 05-24-2010, 05:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW TP2 GREATEST VZW PHONE EVER

isdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuff

Is anyone else having a problem with the carrier customizations running? I tried hard resetting twice and neither time did the carrier cabs run. I had to manually set up my data connection and my favorite button is not working correctly.

Is there someplace we can find the carrier cab in the ROM to run it? EDIT: I found the carrier cab in the Windows DIR, nevermind.

Last edited by isdnmatt; 05-24-2010 at 05:32 PM.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdnmatt View Post
Is anyone else having a problem with the carrier customizations running? I tried hard resetting twice and neither time did the carrier cabs run. I had to manually set up my data connection and my favorite button is not working correctly.

Is there someplace we can find the carrier cab in the ROM to run it?
Since I use WiFi pretty much all the time I didnt notice, i turned WiFi off and tried again after a soft reset, no connection at all, doesnt even attempt, tried hard resetting then running Opera, still nothing..

Seems like AutoProv is broken?

EDIT: yep sure seems so, ran the Provision Device under the Tools folder in the start menu, soft reset, opera again, and this time it starts making the data connection... Q_Q you broke it mike

EDIT2: For those of you that the AutoProv isnt working, go to the Start Menu then to the Tools folder, then scroll to the bottom and hit Provision Device then click your carrier! DONE!!! (well after a reset of course)

Last edited by Kane3162; 05-24-2010 at 05:36 PM.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:31 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by drnick5 View Post
I have just sold my Touch pro 2 on ebay...so this will be my final post in this thread. I want to personally thank Mighty Mike and everyone else who contributes to this rom/thread for making my touch pro 2 so much more useful. you made my touch pro and touch pro 2 so much better its a wonder why HTC doesn't hire you to make roms for them. haha

I have pre ordered an Evo (as im sure a lot of you have) and am looking forward to the switch over to Android. I will miss my hardware keyboard dearly.. but my hopes are that a 4.3" screen will be pretty easy to type on in landscape move. But until June 4th...I'm back on my Moto Q... who doesn't love WM 5? right?

Yes, another one joins me on the dark side.
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

Summit is keeping up the good workSummit is keeping up the good work

Quote:

Is there someplace we can find the carrier cab in the ROM to run it? EDIT: I found the carrier cab in the Windows DIR, nevermind.
Might try "Tools" folder - "Provisioning Device," select your carrier and "Commit."
Old 05-24-2010, 05:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Sense UI 2.5║

Quote:
Anyone have any solution or reg edit to disable auto rotate? I have a key mapped to rotate and its annoying as hell.
i know it's been a while, but i just saw this and figured i'd let you know
HKCU\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor
AutoRotation - change to 0
Old 05-24-2010, 07:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Quote:
Originally Posted by drnick5

"you hope the landscape keyboard is large enough"....these phrases always make me laugh. Don't you think maybe you should see it in person first and try it out?

Evo seems to be a great device. Saw one in action Saturday. Very nice screen, but no way ever does it replace a hardware keyboard. Most Evo owners will turn into iphone and BB email users and reply with 2-3 words to their emails. the best replies are normally how they'll respond when they get to their desktop.

I'm in an email heavy job, and its just as easy for me to rip off huge emails on my tp2 as it is my desktop. Evo with a keyboard maybe..but no way will it grab serious business users until it has a keyboard...and don't wait long...it's coming.

Radio: 2.35.00WF

Last edited by jshaas2; 05-24-2010 at 08:04 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2