PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2012, 11:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ipaq and mogul
Carrier: sprint

Hootyhoo1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ★SharkieROM & Kitchen★Final Update★Version 5.1★Generic\Sprint★29020\21916★Sense20

Sharkie I have noticed an edit on your first post was done. May I ask if it was anything to be concerned about. I haven't been following the thread for the last couple of months. Thanks you
Old 01-29-2012, 01:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: ★SharkieROM & Kitchen★Final Update★Version 5.1★Generic\Sprint★29020\21916★Sense20

No, nothing new was done. I occasionally re-read the 1st post and fix things like grammar, wording and puncuation. That's all it was.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
wait that's all the difference is? I was thinking the 6.5.x had new features -.- lol.
Well now that I see it, I'll switch to 6.5, I like start menu on top

k i think i got it working :S phone fell asleep during initial booting :S kind of wish you disabled the sleep then because it took longer to setup everything than the sleep timer allowed

Any way to get the start menu to look "square" and not the honeycomb layout
6.5.x does have newer features. Generally speaking everything is bigger and more finger friendly like buttons and menus and what not. I don't know if that's considered new "features" or not....

Don't know about the square start menu, but I'll look around when I have time and see what I can find.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

hm I don't know if there is a bug in your startmenu on the 6.5 :S not tried 6.5.x yet (Using the generic rom)

but my startmenu looses its background and goes crazy, the rest of the phone works but without startmenu it kind of looses its functionality for me I'd switch roms so I can use it : ( otherwise the rom seems good.

I included screenshot in the zip

edit: forgot to mention, this has happened everytime too (I mean I've thought it was bad flash so I've flashed 6.5 rom 4 times now, each time I get this eventually). The only things I've done so far is remove all your extra things in the remove programs. I'm not sure if this is related to me removing the theme it was using or not but I don't think it is. The only other thing I did was install host 1.5 http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=685928. Besides these 2 things, nothing else was changed yet on phone. Hope this helps you find problem :S

edit again: Wanted to ask, is it nesscessary to use the carrier cab? Without using it, my data/calls seem to work
Attached Files
File Type: zip ScreenShot1.zip (198.8 KB, 7 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by EyeB; 01-29-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:41 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Humm... that is strange. I haven't seen that problem here. I have been running this SharkieROM on one of my phones here for several months without that issue.

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

it seems like issue is with one of the things that comes installed with 6.5 rom that you can uninstall. I've been able to replicate it by flashing 6.5 rom then when it first boots, uninstall everything from remove programs (but not letting it restart itself). Once I'm done I manually restart the phone. When it starts up, this is when start menu is doing this.

Any way of getting the old 6.1 start menu back? I mean with the square grid and how it shows the top 4 recent apps used?

edit: well i did find an alternative to the honeycomb start menu, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=587631 it looks nice so far, I'll stick with it until I find a better one I like more

edit again: I've had this problem in another rom but the fix there doesn't work here so I'm wondering if anyone knows how to fix it. I can't get the dial tone to work when I press numbers on phone screen to call people, the numbers will vibrate but I want it to sound and not vibrate

edit again lol, do you know how to make active sync to google's server 1 way? I mean phone to server, and not server to phone? I have contacts/calender I want going to google but when I sync, it adds what I have on google back to phone which I don't want. On old 6.1 rom I could find option to do this but I can't find it in 6.5 so far

Last edited by EyeB; 01-30-2012 at 04:20 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2 sprint
Carrier: mobifone

locvass is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

hi all, i 've set up my email account, but now i forget my password anyone can tell me how to see my old pass plz
tks
Old 02-07-2012, 12:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2 sprint
Carrier: mobifone

locvass is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by locvass View Post
hi all, i 've set up my email account, but now i forget my password anyone can tell me how to see my old pass plz
tks
nobody can help me plzzzzzz
Old 02-07-2012, 01:46 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb
it seems like issue is with one of the things that comes installed with 6.5 rom that you can uninstall. I've been able to replicate it by flashing 6.5 rom then when it first boots, uninstall everything from remove programs (but not letting it restart itself). Once I'm done I manually restart the phone. When it starts up, this is when start menu is doing this.

Any way of getting the old 6.1 start menu back? I mean with the square grid and how it shows the top 4 recent apps used?

edit: well i did find an alternative to the honeycomb start menu, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=587631 it looks nice so far, I'll stick with it until I find a better one I like more

edit again: I've had this problem in another rom but the fix there doesn't work here so I'm wondering if anyone knows how to fix it. I can't get the dial tone to work when I press numbers on phone screen to call people, the numbers will vibrate but I want it to sound and not vibrate

edit again lol, do you know how to make active sync to google's server 1 way? I mean phone to server, and not server to phone? I have contacts/calender I want going to google but when I sync, it adds what I have on google back to phone which I don't want. On old 6.1 rom I could find option to do this but I can't find it in 6.5 so far
For the startmenu you'll have to use a replacement like you found. There are several.

For the Key Tones maybe try installing a Volume Tweak Cab like the iPollesion Volume increase or the MaxxVolume cab which should change the registry values to enable the tones.

For the sync issue, if you are updating the phone and not the server through a PC then what you update on your phone should be the most current so it should sync the way you want it to. Maybe you need to seperate contacts or other data on the server so you are only syncing to certain folders.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:49 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by locvass
tks
Who is your email provider? Yahoo? Hotmail? You should use a PC to contact them to reset your password.

If you are talking about the phone lock password that prompts on boot then if you forgot it you'll need to hardreset.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development