View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 01:46 AM
horndoctor
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb
it seems like issue is with one of the things that comes installed with 6.5 rom that you can uninstall. I've been able to replicate it by flashing 6.5 rom then when it first boots, uninstall everything from remove programs (but not letting it restart itself). Once I'm done I manually restart the phone. When it starts up, this is when start menu is doing this.

Any way of getting the old 6.1 start menu back? I mean with the square grid and how it shows the top 4 recent apps used?

edit: well i did find an alternative to the honeycomb start menu, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=587631 it looks nice so far, I'll stick with it until I find a better one I like more

edit again: I've had this problem in another rom but the fix there doesn't work here so I'm wondering if anyone knows how to fix it. I can't get the dial tone to work when I press numbers on phone screen to call people, the numbers will vibrate but I want it to sound and not vibrate

edit again lol, do you know how to make active sync to google's server 1 way? I mean phone to server, and not server to phone? I have contacts/calender I want going to google but when I sync, it adds what I have on google back to phone which I don't want. On old 6.1 rom I could find option to do this but I can't find it in 6.5 so far
For the startmenu you'll have to use a replacement like you found. There are several.

For the Key Tones maybe try installing a Volume Tweak Cab like the iPollesion Volume increase or the MaxxVolume cab which should change the registry values to enable the tones.

For the sync issue, if you are updating the phone and not the server through a PC then what you update on your phone should be the most current so it should sync the way you want it to. Maybe you need to seperate contacts or other data on the server so you are only syncing to certain folders.