PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2010, 07:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

CoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Update[8-23-10]★SharkieROM-Hybrid★Generic\Sprint[23563\21911 BETA][Sense2016]

What page pool are you running the rom at? If you have left it as is, try changing it to 12 and reflash. In my experience, it gives you a lot more free ram but YMMV.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-28-2010, 07:32 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik
Re: Update[8-23-10]★SharkieROM-Hybrid★Generic\Sprint[23563\21911 BETA][Sense2016]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyblack View Post
Yeah I feel you, but I was saying (What first started this conversation) was that when I'm on Opera or Skyfire or really anything that go online. I get, NOT ENOUGH memery or, you must turn off an application. And I stay online while I'm at work. So as much as I'm feeling his ROM, I can't use it with me having to soft reset all the time to gain memery. But I'm down like four flat ( I'm go flash till he perfect his ROM, and he's not far from that) The ROM I'm running now I average 70k.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryNat View Post
What page pool are you running the rom at? If you have left it as is, try changing it to 12 and reflash. In my experience, it gives you a lot more free ram but YMMV.
Yeah that's what I'm saying. Change the pagepool, and then flash it again... Odds are that you'll stop havin OOM errors...
Old 08-28-2010, 10:40 PM
Test one, test two.
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

proxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
Yeah that's what I'm saying. Change the pagepool, and then flash it again... Odds are that you'll stop havin OOM errors...
The pagepool was at 17, do you think that changing it to 16 will make that much difference?
Old 08-28-2010, 11:05 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxhack View Post
The pagepool was at 17, do you think that changing it to 16 will make that much difference?
Strange... I'm pretty sure Sharkie has his ROMs built with a 0 (dynamic) pagepool...

I would go at least 14, maybe down to 12 like CoryNat suggested.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Yeah, I do have em set at 0
Old 08-29-2010, 12:26 AM
Test one, test two.
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

proxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Yeah, I do have em set at 0
I am using Pagepoll changer and this is what I am looking at.

see attachment

Do I need to look at something else?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0009.jpg (814.8 KB, 17 views) Click for barcode!
Old 08-29-2010, 12:42 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

If you're trying to set it at 16 that looks right.

Try this out for PC screen captures. Easy to use.
Attached Files
File Type: zip pcscreencapture.zip (513.5 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:19 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedeezy View Post
another mms question: is anyone having issues sending mms from your albums? i'm able to send an mms immediately after taking a pic, but if i go to my album and try to send, the pic does not attach and the "insert" tab is unavailable.
Quote:
Sharkie I had this problem a long time ago... And it was my provisioning, and every since then I've never use the provision that the chef have on the ROM. So chek out the prosion, Becauce I didn't have that problem on your ROM.
So bobbyblack was right. It's the Sprint ROMs that have this problem. When using a Generic ROM, selecting a pic through album and then selecting messaging opens up arcsoft and everything's cool, even if I choose and install the Sprint cab from Stedysoft provisioning. I'm not sure why the Sprint ROMs have this issue. I will see if I can just take all the Sprint stuff from StedySoft and create a Sprint package from that for the Sprint specific ROMs or just include StedySoft on all ROMs leaving the Navi and TV tabs as the only difference between generic and Sprint ROMs. This might be the better route...

Thanks again bobby! Great call!

Quote:
Sharkie you do you have a 6.5.X 2016/2018 No CHT, I want to run Cookie 1.7.1 and see how that hold up compared to 1.8.5.1
Cooking now... will be uploaded in a few hours... Any afore mentioned issues with my ROMs will probably still exist in this ROM. This is more just a play ROM for bobbyblack and, of course, anyone else who just wants to play with 2018.

As for the the other updates, they are going to have to wait. I have a few issues that I'm still working on and I don't want to release an update with known big issues. I'm currently having issues with email acct. being lost after a soft-reset (anyone else having this issue on my ROMs?) and still trying to work on reducing memory consumption.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 08-29-2010 at 11:12 AM.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:07 AM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

thanks for the update

and i have never had that issue before here

Old 08-29-2010, 11:09 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straitup27 View Post
thanks for the update

and i have never had that issue before here
hhmm... interesting. This means that it must be something I've done since uploading the last of my ROMs. Thanks for the feedback!

Anyone else?

Last edited by Sharkie405; 08-29-2010 at 11:14 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development