PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 03:22 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: mogal/tp1/tp2...
Carrier: Sprint

slipdoozy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ★SharkieROM & Kitchen★Final Update★Version 5.1★Generic\Sprint★29020\21916★Sense20

xda-developers - View Single Post - Hard-SPL Unlocker for Rhodium (AT&T Tilt 2) Released and Updated! New FAQ added!
if that don't work then idk?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: ★SharkieROM & Kitchen★Final Update★Version 5.1★Generic\Sprint★29020\21916★Sense20

I thought this was a great idea! Just sharing the love...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXXXXXXX
Hello Sharkie
I'm trying out your ROM for the Touchpro2 (6.5 SharkieROM Generic v5.1), Thank you for the hard work you put into creating this ROM.

My question is this, I know there are two different "Contact" pages, the one you get when you press the "Contact" button on the lower left "Home Tab"... and the one you get when you goto the "People Tab" and press "All People" button.

Is ther a way to make the "Contact" button goto the other Contact page that you get when you click the "All People" button on the "Peoples Tab"?

Thanks for any help with this,
XXXXXXXXX
Hey so I got it! I'd forgotten that most packages for wm sense are referred to as manila and not sense like android. A quick search using manila instead of sense did the trick.

I'm assuming you know how to edit the registry, if not let me know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu1978shka14 View Post
Try this with a registry editor (i.e. PHM Regedit)

Navigate to

HKLM/Software/HTC/Manila

Check For & Change (Type exactly as it is)
HomeLSKPath = !"\Windows\manila.exe" --switchtopage Manila://people\browserlayer\?.page

Edit the Label

HomeLSKText = Contacts (Text Can be anything you like - Mine says 'Contacts' but if you want you can label it as 'All People')

EDIT: Special thank to Tboy2000 for including this in his thread even I never noticed and a special thank to morpheus1982 for pointing .
I tried typing that in exactly as it is and it worked. I wish I would have thought of this a long time ago. I would have much preferred that over wm contacts.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 01-27-2013 at 04:26 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond
Carrier: sprint

froghat is a n00b

Flashing issues - for anyone who is still trying to install this ROM on a TP2 refurb, here's what I had to do:

1. Download and run the new unlocker that Sharkie405 linked 2 posts back. The one that's here on PPCGeeks won't work anymore. I couldn't get the new unlocker to work on my Windows 8 PC so I ran it on my old XP laptop. Had to use the command line version that is all in Chinese. The readme.txt said to hit 'f' then 'y' and that seemed to work. Had to establish an Activesync session first.

2. Run the Sharkie ROMUpdateUtility.exe. This kept causing my XP laptop to bluescreen, but would run on my Windows 8 PC.

Finally I have my Sharkie ROM again.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:35 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2

yahelite-rcell is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to yahelite-rcell
Smile Re: ★SharkieROM & Kitchen★Final Update★Version 5.1★Generic\Sprint★29020\21916★Sense20

sorry for double posting i already post this in xda site so i post it here for more information of other readers that don't know how to do .

first of all im new in this changing rom so sorry for being noob sharkie..Im using

sprint touch pro2 ( sim unlocked )

here's my questions

1.what is the consequense of not using task29 in to your rOM what error?..

2. if I dont use task29.cab and run your ROM ..can i go back to my old rom or

and what method should i do just to go back in my old ROM

3. If i dont want to boot in sd card where can i put it "in main memory of my htc" or in my computer

i get little confused about this bro.

4. can i use 6.5x rom even if my cp is not 6.5x just like u said if the start menu is

on top thats 6.5 If your start menu button is on the bottom then you're running 6.5.X.

5. and the last can i use this method in your ROM " how to flash from sd card" from ppcgeeks "put two files on ur sd card
enterbootloader and the rhodimg file of u choosing!!
works for sd and sdhc" without using computer..

THANKS IN ADVANCE BRO. I HOPE U CAN REPLY ON MY QUESTIONS HERE IN XDA OR PPCGEEKS..
Old 06-30-2013, 08:29 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahelite-rcell View Post
sorry for double posting i already post this in xda site so i post it here for more information of other readers that don't know how to do .

first of all im new in this changing rom so sorry for being noob sharkie..Im using

sprint touch pro2 ( sim unlocked )

here's my questions

1.what is the consequense of not using task29 in to your rOM what error?..

2. if I dont use task29.cab and run your ROM ..can i go back to my old rom or

and what method should i do just to go back in my old ROM

3. If i dont want to boot in sd card where can i put it "in main memory of my htc" or in my computer

i get little confused about this bro.

4. can i use 6.5x rom even if my cp is not 6.5x just like u said if the start menu is

on top thats 6.5 If your start menu button is on the bottom then you're running 6.5.X.

5. and the last can i use this method in your ROM " how to flash from sd card" from ppcgeeks "put two files on ur sd card
enterbootloader and the rhodimg file of u choosing!!
works for sd and sdhc" without using computer..

THANKS IN ADVANCE BRO. I HOPE U CAN REPLY ON MY QUESTIONS HERE IN XDA OR PPCGEEKS..
Hey, sorry for not responding sooner. I've been on vacation the last couple of days. So to answer your questions...

1. If you don't task29 you may experience odd issues that are actually problems caused by left over stuff from a previous rom installation. Task29 wipes the phone so that you are installing on a clean slate.

2. Task29 is not a cab, it's an RUU. You can flash back to another ROM the way that you normally would, via that ROM's RUU.

3. You can run the SharkieROM RUU from wherever you downloaded it to on your PC.

4. Yes, you can flash whichever ROM you want, 6.5 or 6.5.X, it doesn't matter. If you flash one and want to try out the other, you can do that too.

5. I honestly can't remember how to flash from an sdcard. I'll look that up when I get home at some point and post back, if you haven't found it yet.

It's nice to see that this ROM is still being put to good use. Thanks for trying it out and let me know how everything goes.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:56 AM
N00b

yes thanks bro. i have old touch pro2 cdma actually i like to sell it but when i found out how to make it android thats the time that this phone is very inportant to me..but making it android make me sick coz is always reboot in wm... so i deside to update it to a new ROM..I try to search a youtube video on this one ..if you have can u share it coz all i can see in youtube is htc HD2 i did'nt see tutorial for htc tpro2 ..last question bro. if i want to go back in my old rom( the one that i erase) what should i do hard reset?..and what is RHODIUM CUSTOM RUU? and in your folder ROMUpdateUtility ..THANKS FOR THE REPLY BRO i will let you know if this thing ok..

Last edited by yahelite-rcell; 06-30-2013 at 09:29 AM.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:19 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

So are you saying that you want to run Android on this device, or just get it working with Windows Mobile and sell it? If you are going to sell it, it will be worth more if you install this SharkieROM. This Rom is awesome... thanks to Sharkie for all his hard work over the years!!

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:14 PM
N00b

after flashing 6.5 rom i have a problem in messaging tab.. when i tap on it ..it goes in sense reset ..
Old 07-19-2013, 10:24 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I can't recall ever having that problem. My TP2 has been off for a long time now. I'll charge it up and flash the 6.5 ROM and check that out.

Thanks for stopping in.

Sent from my EVO on the PPCGeeks App
Old 07-19-2013, 10:45 PM
N00b

thanks for the reply bro. and also the call history it never load up and can't recieve call and test msg .. I try all version of your rom but same issue

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development