PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2011, 08:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 1-25-11-Updated CE ROMs★SharkieROM v3.0★Generic\Sprint★23563\21916★Sense2019

Cool, I look forward to your report tomorrow...
Old 01-28-2011, 10:09 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27
Re: 1-25-11-Updated CE ROMs★SharkieROM v3.0★Generic\Sprint★23563\21916★Sense2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post

@ straitup, wat settings (in nue batt) did you have when you had batt drain on the final? wat do u have them set now that u have gud batt?
disabled completely,i used to work in the battery industry,and your right about fast charging the phone,just like a car charger a fast charge is designed to give you the extra bit of juice to get you to a real charger,the mah of the battery is the "gas tank" so when your charging the phone with fast charge enabled your only getting the battery to around 50% - 75% charged,even though your meter reads 100% just like a battery that would be going bad it just isnt gonna last as long as it would compared to a wall charger charged battery

a simple test is lay the phone on your bed or a fabric and charge the phone with fast charge enabled,note how long it takes before your led is blinking red to green indicating the battery has surpassed the specified degree at which the battery will charge safely,then disable and charge with fast charge disabled and you will see it will take much much longer if it even happens at all that you surpass the safe charging temp.

all that heat you feel on the back of the phone when fast charge is enabled is because to much "gas" is being pumped in at such a high rate,compared to little or no heat at all from a normal charge,with that being said yeah you will reach 100% real fast and quick but at the same time even though you reach a 100% on your meter your battery will not last half as long as slow charged battery

its like sla (sealed lead acid) batts. charge one at anything faster than a 2mah charge (trickle charge) and watch how quick it swells up lol,will look like a balloon in just a hr lol,same concept for our lithium ion batteries,they are meant to take only so much mah at a time considering there are no ways for sealed batteries to vent

hell be glad we have what we have,remember old cell phones and the ni-cd and ni-mh batteries lol

all batteries are different,well the chemistry inside at least

same goes for hardware,i got a vzw tp2 and so do a few coworkers,i can clock to 748mhz all day safely,while another guy cant go over 710mhz and one guy has us beat,he can reach a tad over 800mhz without freeze,three phones made by the same manufacturer but all work differently while overclocking,sometimes you get a gem and sometimes you get a lemon lol

kj hit the nail on the head with both his post bout hardware and batteries,no need to research that as he has given all the reasons and answers within his two post

This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

slthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks Straightup for the insight. How do you completely disable nuebattery? Imagine Sharkie would have to remove from ROM or optional cab.

Last edited by slthomas00; 01-28-2011 at 10:27 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:34 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

I did try removing it completely, but that didn't work. The battery level on the taskbar stayed at 100% and the battery level in Windows showed 0% and the phone wouldn't charge.

I've never really had battery issues, but my phone is always plugged up being worked on. The nuebattery package came in the kitchen I started out with and I liked it and have not really thought about it again, until recently when people were saying it was causing them to be unable to charge their phones sometimes. The package contains a battery.dll that's obviously needed. Since my removing this caused such problems, I'm assuming that it was not overwriting another battery.dll somewhere else, but that in fact it was the only one in the kitchen. Which brings me to having to shop around and learn about battery.dlls and where to get different ones.

Needless to say, I hear you guys, but the fix is not that easy. It's being worked on though...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

slthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

No worries Sharkie. So far so good with fast charge disabled. That may be all that is necessary.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:31 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

The rapid charge is one of the main reasons I liked it.

Anyway, on the battery.dll front, I've removed nuebattery and added a battery.dll from Vinn's ROM. So far as the phone booting up, the charge light is on. That's good, cuz like I said last time, it wouldn't charge. I'll post back in a few minutes with more results.

Ok, so all seems well with the battery and being able to charge and what not. I'm going to post this very BETA ROM for you guys with battery issues and/or inability to charge via wall chargers and car chargers.

I don't want to wait a few days while I try it out, only to have to wait a few more days for you guys to try it out. Plus I'd prefer feedback from several people so I get a better gauge as to how it's working on several different fronts. This is the same ROM as the v3.29007 except for the removal of nuebattery, the addition of a new battery.dll and the addition of the memory link in System Tools.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 01-28-2011 at 11:36 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:34 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
I did try removing it completely, but that didn't work. The battery level on the taskbar stayed at 100% and the battery level in Windows showed 0% and the phone wouldn't charge.

I've never really had battery issues, but my phone is always plugged up being worked on. The nuebattery package came in the kitchen I started out with and I liked it and have not really thought about it again, until recently when people were saying it was causing them to be unable to charge their phones sometimes. The package contains a battery.dll that's obviously needed. Since my removing this caused such problems, I'm assuming that it was not overwriting another battery.dll somewhere else, but that in fact it was the only one in the kitchen. Which brings me to having to shop around and learn about battery.dlls and where to get different ones.

Needless to say, I hear you guys, but the fix is not that easy. It's being worked on though...
I dont think u need to completely disable/remove nuebatt if u dont want to. If u dont the ones that have problems with drain should either uncheck fast charge or load defaults via app. I dont know but the wont charge issue a few reported may be different than wat i was referring to. I can charge via all chargers no matter nue settings. I think the ones unable to charge is bad batt, bad charger or device even user.

Thanks an right on straitup

Sent from my MID using Tapatalk
Old 01-29-2011, 12:21 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Yeah, I definitely like it, but I'd definitively like to know what the deal is. If those with charging issues confirm that this ROM without NueBattery charges fine everywhere, then I'll know for sure that is IS NueBattery and I can decide from there what I want to do.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Sharkie I don't think you need to waste cycles on a new ROM with a VIN battery.dll. I agree with kjhadfield. He is testing the fast charge selection today/tomorrow and reporting back. You saw my posting on my result. I think we get a few more folks to try that selection first in neubattery before you cook it up. Of course, your call though to satisfy your curiosity.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:29 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Honestly, I'm not too concerned with the battery aspect of things as it does seem that you guys are narrowing that down.

Like you said, now I'm more just curious about the whole charging issue...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development